New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Installing new Hard Drive AVP MLD Questions  (Read 4340 times)

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Installing new Hard Drive AVP MLD Questions
« on: October 26, 2016, 02:37:32 PM »
I was installing an SSD hard drive from Scratch o n the machine. I installed the operating system and it formatted and installed. I also installed The GT and GC for the game and everything installed. When I boot the machine it goes through authentication but then says cannot find Library.so. Am I missing something on this install?
Thanks,
Tommy
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 05:32:49 PM by morspeed »

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Re: Installing new Hard Drive AVP MLD Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 03:09:04 PM »
If you put the old HDD in, same issue? 

Just to rule out a possible issue with the SSD.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 04:45:37 PM »
No it doesn't. Seems like maybe I am missing something on the disk? Can you start from scratch?

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 06:40:05 PM »
Clone the old drive to the ssd
Or make an image of the drive and
Restore it to the ssd

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 07:14:24 PM »
yeah I am trying that now thank you. I just wonder what else is needed? One day I might not have a good drive to clone.

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 07:18:14 PM »
save your image and you will never need one

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 11:18:27 PM »
I was able to clone the drive and it worked perfectly. So I now have a SSD drive in the game. But one question I have is I got a cpu with a hard drive already in it and it has a Wap game on it. So if I want to use it as standalone it most likely will not allow. So I have no way of cloning a drive of a standalone game to use because I do not have one. See my dilemma? Also I went ahead and took an image of the hard drive and save it to my computer for back up and I am wondering is that all I need to do? Image says it is only 1.5gb. Kinda wondering how that will make a complete new disk if I need to.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »

With a new drive, I install the jumper, ekey and diagnostic and boot the machine. Then wipe the drive, cabinet and memory. When it's done, pull the diagnostic and insert the OS thumb drive. when it's done loading, insert the game. when that's done insert any other games if installing multiple games, if not, re-boot the machine, pull the jumper and leave the ekey to get into settings.
I've done this before and it works fine.(I had a great teacher) no need to clone a drive if you have the correct software and a good drive.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 04:57:11 PM »
On 3.0 boxes you don't need a jumper,  Just flip the toggle switch. 

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 06:42:01 PM »

With a new drive, I install the jumper, ekey and diagnostic and boot the machine. Then wipe the drive, cabinet and memory. When it's done, pull the diagnostic and insert the OS thumb drive. when it's done loading, insert the game. when that's done insert any other games if installing multiple games, if not, re-boot the machine, pull the jumper and leave the ekey to get into settings.
I've done this before and it works fine.(I had a great teacher) no need to clone a drive if you have the correct software and a good drive.

Good information. I will give it a go.

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 05:32:32 PM »
I am coming back to visit this topic for what it is worth. Bu for future issues. If you use a new hard drive or SSD put it in the machine, Go to diagnostics and Wipe the drive. Then from there you can install
OS, Game Loader and license and you are good to go with a shiny new drive.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal