New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Check those fuses  (Read 2196 times)

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Check those fuses
« on: February 10, 2014, 01:57:37 PM »

Check those fuses
There was a little keygal working at the Silver Spur who wanted to become a mechanic.  She asked me to help, and since she was pretty good on the machines, I took her under my wing.  The day before her test, I reminded her about the fuses on the Ballys.
I said that the people who were going to test her would probably pull a fuse or two as part of the test.  So I told her how to tell (even from outside the machine) if the fuses were good.
It is very simple -- you have 3 fuses (sometimes 4).  One of these fuses is for 120V power.  You can tell it is good if you have ANY lights at all.  If there are no lights, then see if there is a pay on the reels.   If there is,  check to see that the hopper has not timed out the machine. (the red pilot neon light behind hopper will be on).

If there are any feature lights (line lights, odds lights, coin accepted light, winner paid light or insert coin light) then your 6 volt fuse is good.

If the machine makes any sound when you tug on the handle (coin lockout coil de-energizing), or the machine takes a coin (and/or you HEAR something click when you push down on the coin in switch), then your 50 volt fuse is good.
Sadly, she forgot these things, and failed the test.  However she eventually did make mechanic.
The point is, if you're dicking around with your machine, and suddenly it quits working, then remember to check your fuses.  Very often you will pop one accidentally, and then go looking in the wrong place for the problem, and even putting in more problems.

Check your fuses often, especially if you are using jumpers to test your coils and lights on the machine.
Fuses-
6 Volt fuse -- 20 wire (blue)  5 amp suggested
50 Volt fuse -- 70 wire (orange)  8 amp suggested
120V fuse -- 50 (white), and/or 80 (black) and/or 10 (red)   5 amp suggested.

You can over-amp your fuse if you wish, and it is called the Burn Test.  You will know what's wrong when something starts burning.  I would never use anything over 10 amps ever.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal