New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coin In Jam & Main Battery Low  (Read 5040 times)

Offline aplmak

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • aplmak New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Coin In Jam & Main Battery Low
« on: May 17, 2014, 01:03:48 PM »
Hey gang… Its been over a year since I've been on here.. And sad to say they erased my old login.. So I lost everything. At any rate I need help on this new Game King that has the Coin-In Jam Error and Main Battery Low.. I can solder a new battery that's no issue but all my other 6 machines never gave me this battery error… And is it enough to halt the game? The one that is confusing me is the coin-in Jam.. I had this sort of issue a long time ago on a S+ and I replaced the optics and it worked fine.. The optics board seems to work because it see's the coin-in when I push the white button. Could it be the coin comparator?? Any one have advice on the first things to try???

Thanks so Much,
Matt (aplmak)

Offline aplmak

• NLG
Re: Coin In Jam & Main Battery Low
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 01:25:08 PM »
I also swapped out the 3902 board and still got the Coin-In Jam…  so it's not the 3902 board.. The main battery error went away of course.. :)

Offline aplmak

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 01:27:34 PM »
This is also the first kind of Game King that I have so I am not used to it.. There is another board above the 3902 board… perhaps something there??

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 02:30:16 PM »
Coin jam problems, when there isn't a physical coin jammed, are generally related to I/O card problems. I'm not familiar enough with gamekings to tell you where the I/O card is located, but that's where I'd look first

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 03:00:07 PM »
From the picture it looks like you have a 13" GK.  The board above the 3902 MPU is the IO tray and there are two IO cards mounted in it.  It's possible one of them is bad, but it's also possible it's the optics too.  Try this test and see what you get. 

Press processor self test button.  Then touch Diagnostics -> I/O tests -> Front Panel IO tests.  A screen will appear, everything should be 0's except for Coin-IN 1(A) and Coin-In 2 (B, Switch).  If you push the white button the Coin-In 2 should go from a 1 to a 0.  Then pull the connector off the optics, both inputs should goto a 0.  When replaced both should show a 1 again.  See what you get. 

A low main battery is a hard fault.  It will not let you do anything until it is replaced. 

Offline aplmak

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 06:04:50 PM »
 :1:Thanks Tilt!!! Know anywhere I can get those boards?? Can't find them on fleabay :( I'll replace the battery.. I will get back to u on the tests u are telling me to run..

Offline aplmak

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 05:59:08 AM »
Replaced the batt!!! Error disappeared... then I took a bypass plug for the coin assembly off another machine I have and it worked great!!! So there is either an issue with the coin I/O boards above the 3902.. I cleaned them up and reseated plugs with no change.. or the coin comparator... Which one do you think I try first?? I also have no clue where to find these??? I cannot find any on ebay... Anyone know someone who may have replacement parts for this model?? I also may need a new 13" screen.. this one is just too old.. :) I'd like to throw a printer in it too... and then hook up a TITO board... so I have plans for this little one.. :) :) Thanks for your help everyone who replied..

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 02:13:48 PM »
Making good progress!  If you put a bypass plug on and the coin in jam error cleared then It would appear the optics are bad, or the wiring to them. The IO cards are good.  If you have another machine try swapping the optics out and see what that does. 

These older machines were designed before ticket printers were around so it will take some engineering, both mechanical and electrical, to get one installed and working.   You could always put a TITO board in without the printer and it would accept tickets from other machines, but wouldn't be able to print one obviously.

Ceronix makes a nice drop in 15" LCD monitor as a replacement to the 13" CRT.  It's pricey (>$500 last time I checked), but worth in in my opinion.  Another nice upgrade is replacing the button lamps with LEDs, they look better and last longer.  Here's a picture of my 13" Game King, it's fun to play.

Offline TheAirBalancer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • TheAirBalancer New User has no influence.
  • TheAirBalancer
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 03:32:40 PM »
I just wanted to mention that I also have a 13" Game King w/ 3902 MPU and I have TITO in it. It will accept tickets printed from other machines as Tilt mentioned. It's set for handpays only to cashout.
:az_flag:

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »
To further clarify this topic, can these particular machines be upgraded to use a printer? If so, what would be required as far as parts?

Offline TheAirBalancer

• TheAirBalancer
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 04:06:06 PM »
I thought about trying to add a printer myself but the backplane and I/O in these machines is way different than the 17" Game Kings I have and are an obstacle trying to find a place to actually fit the printer. Personally, once I found out I could get it to take tickets I was happy enough with that and gave up on getting it to print.
Perhaps someone may have an idea on how to do it, but I think it's difficult to achieve and might be expensive too.

Edit; for bad grammar.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 07:04:58 PM by TheAirBalancer »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 04:18:18 PM »
Looks like they made an add on box that sat on top of the cabinet for TITO/Player tracking.  Found this photo on Slot Machines Ltd web site.

Offline TheAirBalancer

• TheAirBalancer
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 04:32:28 PM »
That's pretty cool. Looks like it can be done!

Hmmmm, I'm going to pretend I didn't see this though because I'm done messing around with mine.  :rotfl:

Offline aplmak

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »
You guys are the best!!!! This information is so much appreciated!!!! Thank you!! I will let you know what I find.. And yes those LCD monitors are pricy from Centronix.... I took a peek already ;)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal