New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: More problems with my game king  (Read 2175 times)

Offline grumpy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • grumpy New User has no influence.
More problems with my game king
« on: June 13, 2014, 05:37:34 AM »
I have a power problem with my GK. When power is applied in morning machine will boot up fine and work great. In a few minutes power will go off with a loud snap from speaker. Machine will re-boot and play fine. Sometimes this will repeat 3or4 times and some times not at all. Machine then runs as it should all day. This is a 19" CRT with great picture so I don't think it is the monitor. Any thoughts on this
Thanks

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: More problems with my game king
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 07:26:17 AM »
Sounds like a loose plug or connection on a board. If checking to make sure all plugs and boards are secure doesn't fix the problem I would suggest looking closely at each board, especially audio related boards, for burn marks or loose components by way of a bad solder connection. May be a little difficult to track down, but I think this is where your problem lies. We used to see this a lot on RCA televisions with bad solder connections

Offline grumpy

• Reputation Power: 6
  • grumpy New User has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 09:06:09 AM »
I have 2 boards and tried both with problem following both. I will have to start looking at all plugs and connections.  Thanks for giving me a starting point.

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Thegambler327 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 09:29:22 AM »
I had a very similar problem with my game king, would hear the snap sound and game would reset. Mine was actually the monitor/touch screen.  Not sure which 1 but eventually my monitor went out and I replaced it and haven't had a problem since. However when I installed the monitor it still wouldn't turn on . I ended up messing with the fuse wire and haven't had any issues. So my guess is monitor would arc. And ended up blowing a fuse or shorted out a wire. Hope it helps. I know it's a long shot but sounds very familiar to what mine did.

Offline IGT

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • IGT New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 10:19:48 AM »
Long shot here ... I thought similar problems occur on an S2000 related to a bad ballast?  If so, could a ballast cause an unexpected reboot until it warms up?  Perhaps try disconnecting all the florescent ballasts and see if it boots up normally.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 11:55:48 AM »
Any kind of momentary short could cause a restart if it hits the PS hard enough

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal