New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Overpay 1 coin on all payouts 831  (Read 3935 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Overpay 1 coin on all payouts 831
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:43:22 AM »
Need some help on how to adjust hopper.  I've tried moving the zero switch down and up but it doesn't help.  should the zero switch be closed when hopper is at 0?  does switch close as soon as hopper advances 1 notch?

when there's a payout the hopper advances (pays out 1 too many), then on next spin hopper does not reset (should it?)
thanks
Bob
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 02:05:40 PM by rjpohl »

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Overpay 1 coin on all payouts 831
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 04:23:39 PM »
The zero switch is closed only when there is a win and the hopper makes a payout. On the next play the zero switch opens and is ready for another payout. Yes the zero switch should close after the first 1 notch advance. That also controls the winner paid light.

rdaniel

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »
It’s possible that the hopper brake is sticking or slow if this is a later model hopper. I have had to move the stop bumper quit a way to fix a one coin over pay. If it’s all the way down and it’s still over paying by one coin how much rubber is sticking out of the bumper? Post a few pics.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 128
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 06:39:22 PM »
Possible coin chute from the hopper to the door maybe gummed up with grease, oil and tar. Thus holding a couple of coins from dropping.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 08:28:01 PM »
Let me correct myself. If you lower the zero switch stop bumper you can fix a coin shortage. So you actually need to raise the stop bumper to compensate for the wearing of the stop bumper. You could replace the bumper with a pencil eraser, then re-adjust the stop bumper.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 06:27:46 AM »
Sorry for taking so long to answer.  I had ran the zero stop screw down so far that the nut came off.  It seems to be paying off correctly now.  I only tried a handful of payouts last night before I had to stop.  I'm hoping to get back out there today and test it some more.  If it's ok as is then I guess I need to replace the rubber end.
thanks
Bob

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 07:57:41 AM »
Bob,  yes , you have to replace the rubber part, if you get a pink eraser (the size you can hold 2 inch x 1/2 inch)  that thickness seem to be about the same size as the original rubber bumper.( probably around 5/16 thick)  use the metal circle that the bumper is in now as your template for the size of the one you will cut out of the eraser.  I use a single edge industrial blade to cut and trim ( make sure its new or very sharp) the I take a drill bit 1/8 size and bore a hole into the eraser ( this is for the set screw to go into). then install onto the assembly.
the purpose of this bumper is to soften the reset force when the counter is reset. and it also establishes a point for the counter to start counting from, its that copper pad and the placement of the finger on it that will determine the count. you can test the count up sequence out of the machine, use the rest coil and set up coil plunger to move the fingers, each push of the count up plunger is equal to one coin pay out, you can watch as the fingers advance om the copper pads, an example, two coin pay out, from the position of the fingers resting at the zero switch setting, when you advance the count up plunger the fingers move one space ,on the second advance the finger should come off the copper pad and fall into a void, (thus stopping the count), you can test each count (usually if the 2-5-10 and 20 count are good then all the rest should be ok. then you can observe the count and make the necessary adjustments to the zero stop switch as necessary to ensure the proper count.

one note, the rubber stopper is very sticky when it starts to go south, so clean the black part that it comes in contact with, if not the black part will not drop immediately when the count starts and will cause and error in the count, that black part has to fall immediately when the first count happens.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 09:00:33 AM »
Jim, with your repair do you put the new rubber piece inside the original metal piece or do you discard the metal piece all together?  I had already cut an eraser off a pencil and gorilla glued it to the old piece (after I cut rubber off at top of metal.  Right now it's clamped in place waiting for glue to set up.  Not sure this will hold up very long.
The old rubber was brittle and broke off in pieces as soon as I touched it.

Bob

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 09:28:12 AM »
Bob,   I use the original metal piece to insert the new pink eraser, I usually use the set screw to hold it in place, I do cut it so the eraser is a snug fit into the metal piece.but somewhat still adjustable.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 09:36:21 AM »
I had also cut the end off a pencil and drilled hole in rubber, was going to try this if the other was didn't hold.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 10:42:26 AM »
Original rubber stops measure 5/16 x 5/16 with a 3/32 hole 5/32s deep.I find a automotive vacuum hose seems to work good for replacing the rubber bumper.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:19:58 AM by DavidLee »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 10:42:47 AM »
Get your self a new pencil eraser. The metal cup will screw off the screw holding it. As Jim mentioned you will need a small hole in the one end for the screw. Then trim the top edge as and if needed.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 10:45:14 AM »
Original rubber stops measure 5/16 x 5/16 with a 3/32 hole 5/32s deep.I find a vacuum seems to work good for replacing the rubber bumper.

David I would never have considered rubber vacuum tubing. 👍
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 12:01:34 PM by Amechanic »
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 10:53:52 AM »
Vacuum tube looks like an easy fix, I might even have a piece of it in the garage from an old car.
Bob

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 11:04:08 AM »
David,   thanks for the input, that's what makes this site fantastic. different methods to solve problems.

Jim   

Signature:

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 11:28:38 AM »
Gary, why wouldn't you use vacuum hose? Already has a hole and its pretty impervious to the elements.Just wondering as I don't want to put any bad information out there.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 12:06:27 PM »
I forgot got the word HAVE in my last post.. I went back and fixed it. I don’t have a problem with the vacuum hose. It just never crossed my mind. It’s like Jim said, it’s what make this sight so great, bouncing different thoughts off each other. Always looking for a better way to do things.  :cool_thumb_up: :hail:
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 12:40:44 PM »
Alright I give, I need to start at square one;

Can someone walk me through how to set the stop and where the wipers should be?  when I push the reset lever (not sure that's what it's called and the wiper assemble returns and hits the rubber stop where should the wipers be?  Then if I advance the wheel for 2 coins where should it be?  I have a meter and can check continuity.

Right now if I place reels in a win the hopper starts, pays out 1 too many coins, winner paid light on, then when I play next coin the winner light remains on and the wheel does not return to zero stop.

I may have the zero-switch it's self out of whack too.

hope this is making sense.
Thanks
Bob

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 01:56:42 PM »
At zero ( when the spiral cam is all the way back )  the wipers on the payout step up unit should be off the metal strips, but close as to making contact to start paying.Then ride off the metal receivers to stop paying the correct amount.
After the adjustment, manually cycle the unit a few times then recheck.
Gary, this is the beauty of the NLG site. A lot of insight from all over the country.Thanks for the valuable information and help you take time to give.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 02:00:50 PM »
Your wiper finger should come back to the 6 O’clock position. When you click the coin lever two times, the wiper on the number 2 wiper board trace on the hopper should come off that trace. Same with a 5 coin pay, with the 4th click the wiper finger on #5 will still be in contact with the trace, but on the 5th click the wiper finger should come off #5 trace. When you have this set, then adjust the zero stop contact to be open when the hopper resets, and closes when the first coin is paid.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal