New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Overpay 1 coin on all payouts 831  (Read 3932 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Overpay 1 coin on all payouts 831
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 02:35:11 PM »
I set the stop to there was no reading between the metal strip and the #2 tap.  I then operate the coin in switch to advance the wheel, there's continuity for 3 coins.
I also noticed that the first coin only moves the wheel a little (not as movement as the next coin). 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 02:40:10 PM »
when i advance 2 coins it's still on trace, third coin it comes off.  How do I adjust this?

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 04:55:55 PM »
I have a second EM with a similar hopper/zero switch.  I set them side by side and operated the hopper (coin in and return).  On the good hopper the first coin moves the wheel farther than the one on the non-working hopper.  Is this a problem with the 100 tooth wheel?  I don't see any thing wrong (teeth don't look worn or missing to me)
thanks
Bob

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 06:39:38 PM »
Turn the zero stop down or out a 1/4 to 1/2 turn and try it again. Your stop bumpers a little too low. Be aware of your zero switch contact.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 08:34:10 AM »
I've adjusted the hopper so that at zero you can read between the 2 tap and wiper, advance one coin can still read, advance 2nd coin and you can't read.  Put it back in and hit a payout of 5 coins, the wheel advance 5 coins and hopper stopped (as it should).  Inserted coin and pulled handle (no win) the wheel did not go back to zero (shouldn't it?)  I inserted another coin and stopped reels on a payout, wheels did not go back to zero and there was no payout.  I manually released wheel and it went back to zero and started paying. 
I'm thinking my problem is the what ever causes the wheel to go back to zero isn't worked.
If anyone got a few minutes to spare on the phone it might be easier.
Thanks
Bob

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2019, 10:22:26 AM »
Make sure that your zero switch is operating correctly. Needs to be open when the spiral cam returns to zero and needs to be closed after your winning are paid. You need to verify this with a voltage meter set on continuity. Contacts can look closed but may not be making a good connection.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2019, 11:28:38 AM »
Gary, that's what it was (zero switch wasn't making contact).  Adjusted and it seems to be paying off correctly.  Had a bit of trouble with the winner paid light,cleaned contacts, and it now seems to be working fine.  The other thing I found was the horizontal switch on left side of reels wasn't adjusted right.
thanks to you alll the rest of the guys who helped on this.
Bob

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2019, 12:05:34 PM »
Glad to help Bob.. The switches A & C on the left side of the reels, as well as the zero switch all need to be adjusted correctly for the hopper to payout. I've learned not to trust my eyes, but to always check the with a meter..
And remember...

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2019, 12:41:31 PM »
Bob, glad you got it working, there is one page in the manual available that explains all the functions of all the switch's, according to it, the "B" switch, center, horizontal controls resetting of the payout counter.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2019, 06:54:42 PM »
A weak spiral spring on the 100  tooth gear will cause frequent 1 coin overpays. Add 1/4 spring tension. (Add a hole)
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2019, 08:20:53 PM »
Hello Old Reno. I have missed your wisdom and knowledge. Welcome back to the forum.

rdaniel

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal