New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT G23 no has a white screen  (Read 5396 times)

Offline sakwilla

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • sakwilla New User barely matters.sakwilla New User barely matters.
  • NLG
IGT G23 no has a white screen
« on: March 08, 2019, 05:56:16 PM »
Hi, attached a photo of what my IGT 23 looks like this morning after turning it on. The screen actually works as when it loaded all the graphics and loading screens came up. When i click on more games all the games are on the screen. It only seems to be when i click on a line and the game reel graphics came up it is white. ANy help? :S

Offline buzzarama

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
Re: IGT G23 no has a white screen
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 07:04:42 PM »
It appears that one of the ad boards in your monitor has failed. That being a MLD (multi layer display) it has 2 ad boards stacked inside the monitor, the bottom one gets a lot of stress out on it from heat over time and kills it. You are going to need a replacement ad and replacement monitor fans if they aren't spinning well or if you don't want to take it apart, you will need a replacement MLD.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 07:10:37 PM »
THanks again for your help. This is a new machine i got a week ago from Game View Products - so is it definitely failed? Had issues with a Blade Machine from them too - this is not good! I noticed it was shaky to begin too.

I noticed there are two levels to the screen - it gives a 3D effect when it plays. Can i set it so its all using the top level as that screen works fine when i go into menu screens its fine?

Offline buzzarama

• buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 07:20:24 PM »
Seeing as it is the back screen that isn't functioning you will get the white screen on any MLD or reel depth game you try to play. You can play any single layer non MLD game on there just fine. But yes, the ad board for the second layer has failed.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 07:29:09 PM »
Thanks for the intel. I have two G23 machines, one of them is installed with Game King and the other is the one I am having trouble with. The Game King 6.0 is very basic with the graphics so I can assume I can swap these games over and use the Game King with the the machine with the issues with the screen and the other games on the other machine?

If so (sorry I am new to these machines) how do I install the games? I have an ekey 7, diagnostic usb and three games on usb that stay in the machine

Thanks again!

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 07:36:17 PM »
Seing as you have 2 of them there are a few ways to do it without having to reload the actual software.
1. Swap brain boxes from one to the other, use the diagnostic and ekey to clear NVRAM and safe storage and reconfigure the games on both machines accordingly.

2. Swap monitor from one to the other

3. Swap entire door assembly from one to the other, this is actually easier than swapping monitors.

You are correct, Game King is a single layer game set so it should be fine on the MLD with the bad ad board. As long as the other MLD is in good shape you should be good to go by switching from the one to the other.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 07:42:48 PM »
Thanks again - I would rather not remove or change parts around as i am inexperienced and dont want to damage either machine :S

Is it easy just to swap around the software? And leave all the parts alone? (With the ekey, diagnostic key and usbs with the games on it) Sorry really naive when it comes to these as not even sure how to ram clear?

Thanks again :) Appreciated your help and assistance.

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 07:48:22 PM »
I hate to say without knowing what all software and boot chips you have.
Would it be possible to take a picture of all the software you have for both?
If the seller didn't give you all the appropriate stuff it could be difficult to load everything back as it is.

Honestly, swapping brain boxes is very easy. Lots easier than loading software. The brain box is a pretty modular design, easy to remove and reinstall.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 07:55:32 PM »

Ok, attached is the software that I have - will this do? Do i have everything?

If not what do i need to do to remove and swap over the brain boxes?

Thanks again!

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2019, 08:10:42 PM »
The three on the right are the license dongles, those have to stay in the machine to give rights to play. They aren't the actual software. The 2gb thumb drive should have a label on it, since you said you have a diagnostic I am going to assume that is it.
If this is all you have then the seller didn't give you the actual game loaders or operating systems. They should be on a thumb drive like the one on the left. Having independent licence dongles I would think each game theme should have it's own installer thumb drive.

To swap brainboxes, disconnect all the cables on the front, take a picture if you don't feel confident to hook back up correctly. Inside the little swinging door on the left of the brain box there is a pull pin, pull that and slide brainbox out towards you. It has rails on the bottom, slide it into the other machine all the way back until the pin locks into place, reconnect cables.

You can boot it up and it will come up to a red screen, key it with the audit key, insert eley and reconfigure that way or boot it up with diagnostic, clear memory and reconfigure that way.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 08:32:26 PM »
Mate, you are an absolute legend! Just took out the brainbox and swapped the black widow over to see if the screen worked and it does! :D I truly truly appreciate your help and time on this. So annoyed over the issues I am having with this recent purchase and not getting much help from the company i purchased it from at all. So I appreciate it!

Now the button configuration didnt change its still set as you can see with the Game King config - can i fix this with a clear ram?

I wanted to learn how to do a clear ram anyway as want to add other denominations besides 1 cent. How do i clear ram a G23 - i put in the diagnostic key and it came up after restarting the machine with lots of options but couldnt find it?

Thanks again :)

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 08:49:09 PM »
I didn't think about the buttons,
On game king they are setup that way with the dip switches, chip version and blackfin button flash I believe.

In about the center of the cabinet controller (board on the left wall)  there is an 8 pin eprom, that is the blackfin boot chip, it should have a number on it. Check and see if those are the same in both machines. Also, tip the button deck forward and look at the little button board where the HDMI cable and button ribbon plugs in, there are dip switches on that board. Take not of both and change the dips on them accordingly from machine to machine.

If the numbers are different on the 8 pin eproms, you can swap the cabinet controllers from machine to machine (modular also). Doing that will keep you from having to flash the boards with a laptop.

Check that and reply please.

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 09:02:06 PM »
It would be helpful if you would load your diagnostic and select Version information and take pictures of each tab in that section of both machines. See attached pic

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2019, 09:11:09 PM »
To "ram clear":

Load diagnostic, insert ekey in secure port (both ports inside little door are secure ports).

Select  non-volitile storage
Check the box next to cabinet memory and safe storage.
Make sure it says jumper inserted in lower left and press wipe.

DO NOT SELECT WIPE ON HARD DRIVE, you will lose all software.

See attached pics.

Once it reboots it will come up to a black screen- configuration verification required, turn audit key twice and it will enter hard start setup screen (maroon background rather than blue background), configure accordingly.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 09:16:08 PM »
Lot 1

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2019, 09:16:40 PM »
Lot 2

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 09:17:15 PM »
Lot 3

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2019, 09:18:35 PM »
Lot 4

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019, 09:26:57 PM »
Awesome, now do the same for the other machine please.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 09:32:12 PM »
Sorry, im getting this error on the machine with the display issue - do you know how to remove this or fix it - sorry? Trying ram clearing it twice and no luck!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal