New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT G23 no has a white screen  (Read 5394 times)

Offline buzzarama

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
Re: IGT G23 no has a white screen
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2019, 09:35:16 PM »
Switch the bill acceptor head from one machine to the other, the game king one has serial protocol firmware and tend the other has USB protocol firmware on it. That should resolve that issue.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • sakwilla New User barely matters.sakwilla New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2019, 09:42:46 PM »
I did, and the black widow works fine but not the game king - do i need to ram clear it?

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 09:46:14 PM »
It seems to be the printer too (photo attached) - although when i take out the cash box and put it back in, it makes all the usual sounds

Offline buzzarama

• buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2019, 09:47:09 PM »
There is a USB cable on the back of the bill acceptor harness, it runs down behind the printer and out a small hole, trace that out and unplug it on the game king one and see if that helps.

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2019, 09:53:01 PM »
Your game king is emulated software. Your black widow is ported software, I didn't know that.  Totally different animals.

Emulated software cannot use anything USB for peripherals.
If you swapped bill acceptors, unplug the USB cable for the BV.

Swap the printer from machine to machine and trace the USB cable for it and unplug.

It's not a huge issue, emulated software is just harder to deal with. Super slow and a pain to clear and setup. It is all different.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 09:59:59 PM »
Cheers for the help - but not sure about unplugging the usbs - sent photos if i unplug them here? Cannot trace them so is there an easier way. I unplugged all the usbs near where the game usbs go but nothing changed for the bill acceptor so want to make sure im doing the right thing?

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 10:04:40 PM »
After you unplug them, take out the bv and put it back in so it cycles the power to it.

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 10:13:22 PM »
Also make sure there is a cable plugged into the serial port of the brainbox

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 10:15:09 PM »
There is nothing in there at all - does it need to be connected to the slot machine - i can see if i have a spare?

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 10:20:31 PM »
It would have to have been connected in the original game king machine, it is hard wired in the machine I believe. You can look at the original game king machine, find it and trace it and find it in the new game king machine and plug it in. For emulated games that has to be plugged in.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 10:26:10 PM »

Wahoo! :D

Done a cord checked the other machine to see where it went and now the note acceptor is working (even with the usbs plugged in) now the only issue is printer failure - do i need to swap the printers over or clear the machine or try something else? So sorry for all the questions :S :S

It is taking notes and vouchers with the tito but when i go to cash out it comes up handpay - checked the tilt and it says Printer Communication Failure!

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 10:40:20 PM »
Yes, the printer will need to be swapped over as well. The firmware is likely different between the two. Try that and report back.

In the one picture it looked like you had a Bettor Tito in it, once you get the printer error resolved if you still have cash out issues we may need to look at com settings. 

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 10:41:44 PM »
Cheers, i pulled out the black power plug on the ticket printer and tried to pull it our but its stuck. Is there a way to pull it out (dont want to break it)

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 10:46:58 PM »
Must be a futurlogic....Yeah, they can be tough. There is a retainer on it, try pushing it down and squeezing the retainer and wiggle it upwards. They are fairly hard to break so you should be ok.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2019, 11:10:32 PM »
I clear ramed the other machine and set up the denominations and pay percentages for it, thought i was done and it says no games enabled. All the license usbs are in so not sure what i need to do to enable them?

Also included the ticket printer, i have pushed, pulled, pulled it up and down and wont budge not sure what I am doing wrong?

It also mentions the printer door is open? Its not open so not sure what that means

Again sorry for all the questions, nothing seems to be working for me today! :(

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2019, 11:43:37 PM »
The printer door open is usually caused by the little tab at the back of the printer base. It slides in to the back of the printer and breaks the optic eye to show closed. A lot of times if that tab is broke off people will put paper or something in there to break optic contact.

Did you get the printer cable unplugged? If yes, there is a slider on the bottom of the printer, push it back and pull the printer towards you to unrack it.

Sorry it is giving you fits, it wouldn't matter if both games were ported software but the game king can't use certain things as it emulates 044 software.

I'm sure you will get it, just be patient.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2019, 11:52:04 PM »
Yeh got both printers unplugged and out, but still wont print with the game king machine says call attendant.

With the printer door open error where do i put the paper - not sure if i put it in the hole. Tried several things and blu tac and the error wouildnt go

Also why does it say no games enabled? Set them all up already so not sure what that means

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2019, 12:02:46 AM »
You will have to go back in and re enable the games, something didn't save.

Is the tab broke off on the printer base?

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2019, 12:45:06 AM »
Cleared the printer issue.

Game King finally all sorted with the ticket printer and the note acceptor but now none of the buttons for it work so cant use it - after all that? Not sure what to do now?

Attached the screen with enable / disable games. Is there something i need to check or do as im not sure??

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2019, 12:55:19 AM »
You will probably have to swap the cabinet controllers from one machine to the other (yellow handle board)
The game king takes different button firmware than the black window one so like the printer and bv, the cabinet controller will have to be swapped.

The small button board under the button panel needs to be correct too as far as dip switches.

Look at them both and pay attention to where the dip switches are and change them from one to the other.

You will get there, just keep in mind that during all of this you are learning a lot  :cool_thumb_up:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal