New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: HELP, My Game King won't boot up  (Read 3157 times)

Offline 89chevyman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
HELP, My Game King won't boot up
« on: July 01, 2014, 11:07:11 PM »
 :EmoticonHelp4: Okay here goes. In my effort to have a nice looking machine, I changed the door on a WORKING GK. Put everything back the way it should be, moved it from the garage to inside the house(as its 112 outside and who knows about in the garage). Moved it on a hydraulic table and was very careful about going over thresholds to minimize bumps. The monitor and glass were remove for safety. The power supply had been removed for cleaning behind the corners. The only thing I failed to remove before moving was the 3902 board. Now, this may or may not contribute to my current problem. Here is the problem. Put the power supply back in, turned on the power and got only momentary power and a "No Input Signal" on the monitor. The lights on the board flashed across (like KITT from Nightrider), the top box fluorescent  flashed on then off, fan motors would switch on a few seconds, bill validator did not make a sound.  All this would cycle every few seconds. I checked ALL connectors, pins, etc. found nothing bent or loose. Tried a different power supply, same results. Anybody got any ideas :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: . As I said. this machine was working fine before the door change and moving it indoors. I need to get a battery for my meter to check the board battery and the power supply in the top box. Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

Offline bpracer

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: HELP, My Game King won't boot up
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 04:03:33 AM »
:EmoticonHelp4: Okay here goes. In my effort to have a nice looking machine, I changed the door on a WORKING GK. Put everything back the way it should be, moved it from the garage to inside the house(as its 112 outside and who knows about in the garage). Moved it on a hydraulic table and was very careful about going over thresholds to minimize bumps. The monitor and glass were remove for safety. The power supply had been removed for cleaning behind the corners. The only thing I failed to remove before moving was the 3902 board. Now, this may or may not contribute to my current problem. Here is the problem. Put the power supply back in, turned on the power and got only momentary power and a "No Input Signal" on the monitor. The lights on the board flashed across (like KITT from Nightrider), the top box fluorescent  flashed on then off, fan motors would switch on a few seconds, bill validator did not make a sound.  All this would cycle every few seconds. I checked ALL connectors, pins, etc. found nothing bent or loose. Tried a different power supply, same results. Anybody got any ideas :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: . As I said. this machine was working fine before the door change and moving it indoors. I need to get a battery for my meter to check the board battery and the power supply in the top box. Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

Chris,  have you pulled the 3902 board? 

Make sure EVERYTHING is seated tight on the board and make sure the 3902 is completely seated when re-installing.

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 04:38:03 AM »
make sure power supply is tight and small boards on door , also if you moved any wires make sure you have them back in right spots , could be a button on door with  light and switch wire mixed

Offline 89chevyman

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 10:14:17 AM »
Yes I did check and recheck the board, connectors, but I think you are onto something with the buttons. I'm going to check each one when I get home,  thanks for the help. I'll post with the results. I was thinking last night that it's acting like a grounded wire. Button plugs could have gotten pushed together causing the ground. Hopefully I haven't fried anything. Thanks again.

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 11:53:54 AM »
again good luck

Offline 89chevyman

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 05:17:28 PM »
Yup. that button wire connection was on the wrong post. Changed it, flipped the power on, crossed my fingers and it booted up perfectly. Thanks much for the info and push into the right direction. Karma to you.

Chris

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 05:21:49 PM »
thanks that's what most of us are here for :applause:

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 05:28:13 PM »
I seen and read post late but I also give a  :1:  for a succ. Job!!. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal