New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT AVP Standard Troubleshooting Procedures  (Read 3376 times)

Offline JZimme31

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JZimme31 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT AVP Standard Troubleshooting Procedures
« on: October 17, 2019, 07:39:45 AM »
I am new to the IGT AVP systems and just recently began troubleshooting issues for a friends IGT AVP Slot Machine.
I look at the machine from a pc standpoint and may use the wrong terms for describing the issues I am discovering so feel free to correct anything i may be saying incorrectly.
We recently replaced the batteries on the motherboard and on what i would call a scsi card. (again this may not be the correct term) this card has 2 batteries and a scsi ribbon that connects to a sister board on the machine that controls all the peripherals ( printer, money reciever, key switch , usb hub .. etc)

After the battery replacement the bios reset. I was able to get into the bios and set the date (btw: looks like the default password is all zeros on these boards)  I then saved the bios settings and the system went through a verification of the hard drive - It then goes to a blue screen that says call attendant. You open the door and then gives you a non recoverable error (I have attached the image to this thread) - If i close the door hit the reset key on the machine the system will reboot and then repeat the same error.
The error says to hit the reset button to see a log - I have hit what i believe is the reset button located on the SCSI card , but this doesn't do anything. I am guessing from looking at older versions of this system.(I saw a video of reset process for an NVRAM error on another system where the person hit the reset key 2x and then hit the reset button and this corrected the issue. I've tried it with this system with no luck. I am guessing there is a procedure / order to reset this machine. I am just not sure how to do it. I do have the ekey 7 but no diagnostic key. Maybe that is what i'm missing but i don't want to have him buy a key that he may not need)

I am wondering what the procedure is for a reset - and what is needed. 
I also thought it might help to know what version of the system he is running if there is some way of knowing upon boot up. I saw that if i need the diagnostic key that i need it to match up with the os and just wasn't sure how to get that information either.
Any help direction would be greatly appreciated.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: IGT AVP Standard Troubleshooting Procedures
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 07:34:11 PM »
You need a diagnostic USB program flash drive along with an ekey dongle in order to clear saferam.  Once you removed the batteries from the pci card (the one you call SCSI) all the saferam information got wiped, so you need to clear it so the machine can re-initialize it and then go through initial setup procedure.  Without the ekey and diagnostic key, you cannot do anything else at this point.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline staz

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • staz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 07:44:09 PM »
on one of my savps reel games i keep having to turn on machine twice if it sits over night off every time to get it to work.... 1st time i turn it on i get top monitor flashing solid colors or same image as my lower monitor..... time to time i get a no synce error  then like you said i use a ekey to enable my game...... you def need a ekey and diag key with these machines.....

Offline JZimme31

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 11:15:16 AM »
Thanks for the feedback .. I have had him order the Diagnostic 14 key for his system and looking at the screenshot of the diagnostic menu  should be fairly easy to get him back up and running.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 11:58:16 AM »
You can't do anything with just the diagnostic 14 key, you also need the ekey 7 or ekey 4 in order to be able to clear saferam and cabinet ram.  (I recommend ekey 7 since that one will also do setup and install, ekey 4 is only for clear and diagnostic).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline JZimme31

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 12:35:37 PM »
Thanks Rickhunter .. he does already have the ekey 7. But I'm glad to know that its the better key to have as well. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal