New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need Help getting bill validator to work on a 1997 Aristocrat Video slot  (Read 6846 times)

Offline ucanwin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • ucanwin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
 :Scratch-Head: What can I do to get my bill validator working on a 1997 Aristocrat video slot machine? In the past, I was occasionally able to get it to function but it would only take $1 bills and the really old series 1974-1990 $20 bills. Now, it cycles on start up but will not accept bills at all.

Offline chemstar

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • chemstar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
it may need to be calibrated,

in Australia we cut the shape of a $5 (Smallest note) out of paper flip dip switch 9 and the rest back, turn on machine and feed the piece of paper in. it will take the paper then do its thing then spit it out,

turn machine off a put the switches back to where they were

im assuming in the states u would do the same thing but with a $1 note

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
Hi, and thank you for the tip. I will give it a try. I doubt that it will take the paper in though,  as the green lights won't light up to show that the machine is ready to accept bills.
Best regards,
Jerry

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
Well.... I gave your suggestion a try, by flipping dip switch #9 and inserting a piece of white paper the size of a one dollar bill into the bill acceptor. The paper was accepted, as you said, and the green ligts cycled along with the bill acceptor, and the paper came out. I then shut the machine off and flipped the #9 dip switch back to it's original position, turned the machine back on but..... the green arrows did not light up. I tried to put a one dollar bill into the bill acceptor but I could see the red circle show through the bill indicating that the bill would not be accepted. That is more than the machine did before, but it still won't accept bills.
Any other thoughts?
Thanks again, for your response.
I had previously sent a PM to someone in Wisconsin, where I live, that was said to be knowledgeable
regarding Aristocrat machines but unfortunately, he must have decided not to respond. I was pretty bummed out.
Best regards,
Jerry

Offline chemstar

• NLG
I would try another note acceptor if u have access to one, if u have the same fault it's not the acceptor

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
Hi Again,
Sorry, but I only have the one Aristocrat machine, and no spare bill acceptor to try. Other machines in my collecction are IGT, Williams, Bally, CDS, CEI and JPM models and of course, my old mechanical antique machines.
Thank you for trying to help me out. It is greatly appreciated as there seems to be little response to Aristocrat problems. Maybe nobody else has any trouble with them, ha!
Regards,
Jerry
(P.S. Oh no! Guess it will just be ANOTHER boat anchor added to my collection. That will make about 10 so far.)

Offline chemstar

• NLG
honestly i would just buy another BV they run about $90 for a second hand one

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
Hi,
Well....if I could be sure that a different bill acceptor would solve the problem, maybe that would be the way to go, but I could be throwing good money after bad and still not get the machine to work properly. I am planning to move this machine as I now have an IGT Kenny Rogers game which is more entertaining. Also, the Aristocrat machine does not bring very much when it is time to sell. I guess my feeling is, to take $90.00 less for the machine and let someone else deal with the problem would be a better option for me.
Best regards,
Jerry

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
Assuming that I was able to find a good working replacement bill acceptor......not being familiar with the workings of the Aristocrat machine, would the replacement bill acceptor work in my machine without any changes, or settings be necessary to get my machine to accept bills? Any information or thoughts would be appreciated before I waste my money.
Thank you. Jerry

Offline chemstar

• NLG

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
Re: Need Help getting bill validator to work on a 1997 Aristocrat Video slot
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 06:53:17 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for the information.
I found a bill acceptor on ebay but it does not accept any of the newer bills. Even if it does work as the seller says, it wouldn't do me much good, as I don't even see the older bills around anymore, except for the dollar bill. That wouldn't be much of an improvement over where I am at now.

Offline Gaming1

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Gaming1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I might be a little late but there is a dos level programmer for these bill heads so long as you have the right download file it does not require a key

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
Hi, and thank you for replying to my posting.
Now....I have to tell you that I am not up on this hi tech lingo. Can you please tell me in English that a dummy can understand, what I would need to do, ha! :Scratch-Head:
Jerry

Offline Gaming1

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Gaming1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I think I have instructions somewhere I will dig them up

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
I would like a copy if you please.

Thanks
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline xcopy

• Reputation Power: 2
  • xcopy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I think I have instructions somewhere I will dig them up

Were you able to dig up the instructions, if so I would like to take a look at them as well
Thanks

Offline brian

• brian New User has no influence.
  • NLG
i could use a set also having the same problem.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal