New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: clear/key problem..need help IGT s-2000 double diamond  (Read 3188 times)

Offline videocast

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • videocast New User has no influence.
  • NLG
clear/key problem..need help IGT s-2000 double diamond
« on: September 24, 2020, 09:41:21 PM »
Ive gone thru the ram clear/key set up till im blue in the face. machine hangs up on step13. LED wont read machine type mismatch. I turn the key 3 times, but display only shows 2 turns. wont change on the 3rd turn. any ideas out there??? im ready to give it up. dont have enough social security money to pay a tech. the machine "double diamond" was given to me by my son who thought I could get it running since I am a retired tech. never worked on anything like this though. I think it's stupid the way this thing is designed for maybe an engineer or proffessor has to work on it!!I bought a 00097 clear and a 0031 and 0017 key. I use the 31 key since it is a multi denom slot.  lastly, the coin battery was dead and replaced with a 2032 and I removed the varta battery after reading about it here. I read the warning on clearing here, but too late. you tube had me do that right off. never again.....

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: clear/key problem..need help IGT s-2000 double diamond
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 11:53:03 PM »
I don't understand what it is you are doing.  What do you mean "step 13"?  And why are turning the key to do anything?  If you are trying to change key chip options to change the machine type to the correct type, you should never have to turn the jackpot reset key for anything, everything is done with the mpu button, cash, service, spin reels and max bet buttons.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Pblanton1

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Pblanton1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 06:42:58 AM »
On the 3rd turn the display won’t change for a few minutes if you are on the second set of key turns
Which is the set of turns after the machine shows EEPROM ERROR and plays a loud alarm sound

Offline videocast

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 06:53:53 AM »
I am following the S 2000 ram clear/key setup instructions found here on this site, and also came with the slot. I started doing this before researching more info because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. the machine was in some ones garage for several years, and the coin battery and the varta battery were both deader than dead. I understood that you had to clear it after putting in new battery. I ordered a 0097 clear and the 0031 key as instructions said were needed for this machine. the steps I refer to are the steps on the instruction sheet to clear and key the machine. turning the reset/jackpot key are necessary steps in the process. I also removed the varta battery when I installed the new coin battery. coin battery is a 2032. that's all I have done to this point. There was a burned up I/O board in the cabinet that looked like it had been replaced in the past. all the I/O boards are present. I don't know what else I can add. I am a retired tech and I am rusty I suppose, but I was a T.V. tech in the 70's and 80's component level trouble shooting, and 82 thru 2016, I was a tech at Disney world the last 10 years as a computer ride/show tech. Im not the greatest tech in the world. just letting you know I am not new to changing black boxes and or soldering components to pc boards ,and following instructions in programming. thanks for your interest and hope I have explained why I am where I am....

Offline videocast

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 06:59:23 AM »
On the 3rd turn the display won’t change for a few minutes if you are on the second set of key turns
Which is the set of turns after the machine shows EEPROM ERROR and plays a loud alarm sound
right. the first set of 4 key turns gives the hold reset button 2-3 seconds . the second time it's 3 turns and its supposed to say machine mismatch. it wont go past the second turn. I have waited for long times and no change.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 09:16:20 AM »
You can't just blindly follow the directions because it depends on the type of clear chip you used (some erase all settings, others erase some settings).  You have to read what the display tells you to do.  Can you post a video of your entire procedure.  When you hear the loud alarm, you turn the jackpot reset key, then you should get a message on the VFD (The blue display with the text), it will say what error needs to be cleared.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline videocast

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 02:21:13 PM »
You can't just blindly follow the directions because it depends on the type of clear chip you used (some erase all settings, others erase some settings).  You have to read what the display tells you to do.  Can you post a video of your entire procedure.  When you hear the loud alarm, you turn the jackpot reset key, then you should get a message on the VFD (The blue display with the text), it will say what error needs to be cleared.

sorry. I'm new here and unfamiliar with the machines and this board. I'm not sure if I could do a video another thing I,ve never tried. anyway, after the alarm and reset 2 turns the VFD reads    ( EEPROM  CRC FAILURE  ). when I turn the key a 3rd time nothing happens.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 10:39:02 PM by knagl »

Offline videocast

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 02:55:21 PM »
ok, Rick Hunter. I am screwing this message board all to hell. Let me start over on the reply to your last post.

when I get to the step to open the door and turn the reset key 3 times after the alarm sounds. the first turn is when the VFD reads EEPROM CRC FAILURE -0x1.
second turn reads some critical data may be lost. 3 rd turn after a pause it reads please wait testing memory. reels spin and error message - coin jam/

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 03:00:08 PM »
Ok, you are almost there, now just need to clear the coin-in jam issue.  Does your machine have coin-in/out equipment or is it a coinless machine (no coin-in entry, hopper, coin comparitor)?

Offline videocast

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 08:16:08 PM »
no coin receptor or hopper. takes dollars and tickets only. all day I am thinking that eeprom error means I have a boat anchor. you have given me hope...  :thank_you:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 09:18:45 PM »
Ok, you are almost there, now just need to clear the coin-in jam issue.  Does your machine have coin-in/out equipment or is it a coinless machine (no coin-in entry, hopper, coin comparitor)?

You are going to get an eeprom error after a clear. That is normal. Now that we've established there's no coin in/out equipment. Is there a jumper on the coin in harness? A coin in jam usually points to a bad door I/O but if the jumper is missing it would give the same error. What is the number of the door I/O? You mentioned it's a Double Diamond game. Is this a single line 3 reel game with a standard button deck? Pictures help us help you.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline videocast

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 10:22:06 AM »
RB... sorry I cant seem to down size my photos to fit in the forum. there are 2 I/O cards on the door. the one in back is mounted on a 45 degree angle. I pulled the front one out and the # is 14930203.. there was a loose board with the same # on it in a sandwich bag that had been replaced because it was definitely fried. There's a 3rd I/O board mounted on the side of the MPU # 149303200.  The game is a 5 line game with 3 reels and all the buttons to choose bet amts. The board thats mounted at 45 degrees is pretty hard to get out so unless necessary I wont mess with it.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 11:39:43 AM »
You are going to get an eeprom error after a clear. That is normal. Now that we've established there's no coin in/out equipment. Is there a jumper on the coin in harness? A coin in jam usually points to a bad door I/O but if the jumper is missing it would give the same error. What is the number of the door I/O? You mentioned it's a Double Diamond game. Is this a single line 3 reel game with a standard button deck? Pictures help us help you.

Sir, the first question about the coin harness jumper remains unanswered. I even posted a picture for you. The jumper & the door I/O cards are pertinent to getting rid of the coin jam error before proceeding. There are good people here volunteering their time to try to help you.
Some cooperation is expected on your part. Yet you find it too inconvenient to verify the other I/O card number & at least visually inspect it because it's a little harder to get to.
Images are limited to 1000kb or less because of the large volume posted to this site and the cost of bandwidth. Any photo editor should help you resize them.

Offline videocast

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 12:02:31 PM »
ok, I pulled the other card and the # is the same (14930203). also I verified from pictures the plug is correct and jumpers present. hope this helps..

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 12:19:19 PM »
Ok, I can see the coin harness jumper. That answers one question.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 03:22:54 PM »
Is it just me or does the front io card (the one at the 45 degree angle) look like its not seated properly.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 04:16:37 PM »
You probably need to key chip it and enable coinless mode now.

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2020, 04:46:49 PM »
You probably need to key chip it and enable coinless mode now.

I don’t think coinless mode ignores the coin in only locks the payout to handpay or ticket.

This is a very common problem and can be caused by many thing. A bad senet device, senet devices wired improperly, a bad mpu.

First thing I would to is see if you can get it into an io test and see if the buttons even work. If the buttons dont work you definitely have a senet problem and need to start checking the wiring and swapping out parts. Also check over the entire mpu for burnt parts if this error is caused by the mpu the buffer ic is almost always visibly blown.

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2020, 04:53:54 PM »
I went and copied this from a different thread with how many times i have typed it out if its not in a sticky already it should be.

Senet devices And what they control are.Cabinet io board(the one mounted to the mpu tray).   Candle   Meters   Hopper   HandleDoor io boards.   Between belly door and door plate (can be 801,802, or black card).      All basic door buttons (change denom button not touch pannel, max bet, spin, bet one, cash out, service)      Coin comparator and optics.      Bet line lights (not bet line display).   Door plate into the machine (has to be 802 or black card).      I believe this one only controls the 2 rows of line bet buttons.Credit display   5,5,2 only controls itself.   6,6,2 controls itself and the multi denom touch panel.Bet per line display.   Only controls itself.Backlight reel driver.   Only controls reel backlights.I usually start with the cabinet io card i have just seen it fail most often. You could also have a bad mpu but i have never seen and enhanced board fail in this way it’s usually the 50x boards that have senet faults (buffer ics like to go pop).

Offline videocast

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2020, 05:05:47 PM »
I don’t think coinless mode ignores the coin in only locks the payout to handpay or ticket.

This is a very common problem and can be caused by many thing. A bad senet device, senet devices wired improperly, a bad mpu.

First thing I would to is see if you can get it into an io test and see if the buttons even work. If the buttons dont work you definitely have a senet problem and need to start checking the wiring and swapping out parts. Also check over the entire mpu for burnt parts if this error is caused by the mpu the buffer ic is almost always visibly blown.

can you tell me how to get it to an I/O test. also I dont know what a senet device is. I checked out the mpu top side and found no problems, but now I will take it out and check for cold solder joints etc.. I just remembered seeing a chip on the mpu that said senet on it. can I get a replacement somewhere? also during some of my programming tries, the buttons lit up but they didnt work. I cant tell you all how much I appreciate your help...

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 10:42:19 PM by knagl »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal