New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: FYI: Locks for Bally EM Reset Switches  (Read 608 times)

Offline essmeier

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • essmeier New User has no influence.
  • CTE
FYI: Locks for Bally EM Reset Switches
« on: November 08, 2020, 02:41:24 PM »
Not too long ago, I acquired a Bally 891-20 Super Continental.  The machine came with a front door lock, but there are two key switches on the side of the cabinet for which I had no keys and I needed replacements.

Short version: The Defender Security U9950 lock works, is readily available, and is inexpensive.

My switches:

1. The bottom switch rotates 180° and allows for switching the game from coin play to credit play, and vice-versa.  The switch needs to be set to either position A or position B (as shown in the attached photo) and then the key needs to be removed.
2. The top switch rotates 90°.  This switch is for resetting the replay register to return the credit count to zero after a hand pay.  You just turn this 90° until the reset engages, and then you turn it back and remove the key.

As I didn't have keys for either of those switches and needed to use both of them in restoring and testing the machine, I took the locks apart, removed the pins from the lock, and that let me turn the locks with a flat blade screwdriver.

I wanted to replace the locks with proper locks with keys, and figured that was something that I could easily acquire from any one of a number of sellers of slot machine parts.

Turns out that's not the case, and the few sellers I checked with told me they didn't have such locks for sale.

I did, however, find something that works well, so I thought I'd share it here.

The lock is a Defender Security U9950.  Keyed-alike model number is 9950A.  That's chrome; brass is U9953/U9953KA, bronze is U11089/U11089A.

This lock:

Accommodates cabinets up to 1" thick.
Comes with restriction washers to allow for either 90° or 180° rotation.
Allows for the key to be removed at any key position.

Due to slightly loose manufacturing tolerances, the outer shaft of one of the locks I purchased didn't quite fit through the shaped hole in the steel plate that's designed to keep the lock from rotating.  A little bit of filing on the flat sides got it to fit.  The other lock fit perfectly.

The best part is that this lock is available in many places, and is quite inexpensive.  I needed two that are keyed alike, so I bought them online as the ones that are keyed alike are somewhat harder to find than the ones that aren't.

The ones that aren't keyed alike can be currently purchased at Home Depot for about $7 each.  They're also available from Amazon, because of course they are.

Just an FYI for anyone who might need a lock for a key-controlled switch as there are a number of Bally electromechanical machines with such switches.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal