New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Buying advice.  (Read 5244 times)

Offline tomstark22

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • tomstark22 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Buying advice.
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:43:40 AM »
I have a few Bally 809 and an e2000 that I have fixed and love.  I am looking to buy my first IGT.  I found this one and wanted advice if I am getting a fair deal and anything I should watch for.  I was told everything works and is in good shape.  $400 in Phoenix   Without this place I would be neck deep in non working slots so I value your input.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Buying advice.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 12:45:29 PM »
$400 sounds fair for a S2000. They are nice machines and very easy to fix. Good Luck
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline tomstark22

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 12:49:01 PM »
I am such a new I didn't know it was a s2000!  Figuring it out slowly.....lol

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 03:06:07 PM »
Tom, the easiest way to tell a S2000 (from say, an S+) is the presence of the VFD display (most of the time it is blue) to the lower left of the reels and the "batwing" (external) speakers sticking out each side above the reels. When you see either of these, it's a sure way to ID a machines as an S2000. The S+ model had neither of these (displays are all in red, and speaker is internal).  :cool_thumb_up:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 03:24:37 PM »
What Roz said!,  Also to a newbie some of the Visions can confuse folks-99/2000 break. Most of those did not have bat ear speakers but had the lower vfd. I think these type may have been available before 99 -could have been 98/2000 break-can't remember- :duh: :EmoticonHelp4: .  By the way Roz, Look at your post count--I would get of those triple sixes--- >:D

Offline tomstark22

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »
Interesting.   The mfg date on the tag is 12/03.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »
That is no problem,  That is a full blown S-2000 machine.  Good,Dependable games as some of the others have stated.  -Also a good tittle to boot!.

Offline tomstark22

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »
Is it OK to transport these laying on their back? Or should they only stand up?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 04:08:37 PM »
Oh they transport fine on their back, just one precaution: REMOVE THE COINS FROM THE HOPPER BEFORE TRANSPORT! unlikely you will buy a game from someone who leaves coins in the hopper for you as a gift, but just be sure they are all removed.  :yes:

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 04:35:21 PM »
If there are tokens in the hopper, just slide the hopper out. Makes it a little lighter also. I like to refer to the external speakers as EARS. And to quote someone on here "Don't pick it up by the candle"
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 05:11:26 PM »
I might add that of you don't care for the game theme it comes with it is very simple and inexpensive to get a kit to change it to something you like more

Offline tomstark22

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 07:45:52 AM »
Ok. Got it home and played the snot out of it.  Works great and is in excellent condition.   I have been trying to read as much as possible so I am not asking questions that I can search and find the answers.  I have a few things I can't seem to find the info on.

Where can I find info on the key and clear chips?  Where can I buy them and how do I know what I need?

Is there any use for the player card system in home use?  What can be done with it?

I have looked thru the download files link but I can seem to find a service manual or manual that tells me what is what.

Last the 2 locks on the door are gone.  Where can I find replacement and how do I know what I need?

You guys are so awesome.  I even became a contributing member since you guys have helped me so much!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 09:55:11 AM »
Clear chips are rarely ever used, only in cases when all else fails, because if you use one, everything needs to setup again, and a lot of options can be confusing for a novice.  That being said, the newer clear is IVC00224.

Key chips are very usefull for changing certain type of settings, but most of the time they are not needed either.  The latest version is Key45.  If you post a WTB in the classifieds, I'm sure someone will get back to you about selling you a set.

The player card system can be used to display messages and stuff.  There's a member here "foster" who is selling a TITO system that can display messages on your player tracker display. But other than that and the novelty of it, no real use.

The manuals and stuff are in the download section, here's a link to the list
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;cat=89

The locks are worthless in my opinion, but if you want to buy the locks, you can post a WTB in the classifieds.  It's basically a cam lock with a short cylinder and a short cam to inhibit the latch from being moved.

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 10:19:29 AM »
Just for reference, here is a pic of the lock you need. Most people just put one, the door lock, but I have customers who order 3 for each machine. To each his own, I guess!

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.centralvalleyslots.com/igt-door-lock-amp-key-set.html[/font]

Offline tomstark22

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 11:34:34 AM »
I don't know how I missed those manuals.  My printer is disabled and I couldn't enable it so I was assuming I needed the key chip to do it.  And thanks for the lock link. I want to keep the kids out so it is a must.  Thanks again!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal