New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Aristocrat mkv hopper question  (Read 5111 times)

Offline mattuski

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mattuski New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Aristocrat mkv hopper question
« on: September 12, 2014, 06:33:49 PM »
Hi all
I have  recently picked up a basket case NSW Australian version mkv(cleopatra)  . I have  been trying to get it working the last couple of weeks and through a lot of the older posts  on this have got it down from about 6 lockups down to 1 as far as I can tell it was running a printer Which I dont have.  so  I swapped out another main board  (from another mkv which I have (not working )thats another story).the new board now has a hopper disconnected lockup
Which I have 2  but I have no interconnecting loom to get between the  two  I  have sourced a 14 pin atx
Connector and have found a pin number layout schematic for the hopper port (25) on the backplane board
But I cant find  anything  on the pinlayout where it connects to the hopper (8 wires in total )so if anyone could helpwith pics or has a scematic would be much appreciated thanks in advance I'll try and attach some pics.

Cheers Matt

Offline chemstar

• Reputation Power: 3
  • chemstar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Aristocrat mkv hopper question
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 05:07:26 AM »
so u still get a error when u hook the hopper up?

Offline mattuski

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 02:56:43 PM »
Thanks
The problem is I cant connect the hopper  because I dont have a wiring loom  to connect between the backplane board and the hopper. I found a 14 pin, pin connector (off an old car stereo)which will fit into the 14 pin socket (port 25) on the backplane board(the hopper connection). Only 8 of these wires are used to communicate to the hopper but  I cant nut out the wiring order  at the connection point at the hopper itself (the old black pin connector in the 2 last pics). I can easily cut out and rejoin the black pin connector but i just dont know the wiring order hope this makes sense
cheers

Offline pokie3

• Reputation Power: 1
  • pokie3 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
Tracing the wires is pretty easy so it won't take long for someone to help. The most important aspect is it *MUST* be an Aussie machine not USA. (USA backplanes are totally different and virtually all the looms/plugs are different. However the hoppers might be standard and 'should' work but, I wouln't risk it without sighting a manual.

In the meantime, you don't need a hopper to run the game anyway, just 'disable the hopper'. To do this, set the hopper refill to $0.00 and anything else hopper related to $0.00. (can't quite remember now) -  Save changes (have the logic cage door open and press line 1 or follow the prompts)  - jump back to the game, you might need to power it off and on again and or use the jackpot/reset. Done.

Offline mattuski

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 03:16:58 AM »
 :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
  pokie3
You're  a legend I originally  played around with the hopper  settings/printer settings for hours but could not work out a way to disable them anyway I reset everything back to 0 today  and whoo hoo all good so now I have the  indian dreaming board (from the other machine that's next on the list to sort out)  running in my cleopatra machine  without a hopper or printer still not game to turn it off yet thanks again                                                                                                                                                                                         I''ll swap the original board with the Cleopatra eproms back in it tomorrow and see what happens 
cheers matt

Offline pokie3

• Reputation Power: 1
  • pokie3 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 04:25:56 AM »
Cool ;) Glad you got it running.. Just so you know each board *is* the machine.. so, if you chuck in another board it will have it's own settings, ram , life etc, so you'll need to do the same thing again for another board.

The hopper wiring is as below;

The P25 (AU) has 14 Wires but only 7 are connected to the 12 Pin Hopper Plug.

P25 - PIN 1 = PIN 12 ON HOPPER
P25 - PIN 2 = PIN 1 ON HOPPER
P25 - PIN 3 = PIN 2 ON HOPPER
P25 - PIN 5 = PIN 3 ON HOPPER
P25 - PIN 7 = PIN 10 ON HOPPER
P25 - PIN 8 = PIN 11 ON HOPPER
P25 - PIN 12 = PIN 4 ON HOPPER

Just make sure you have the correct pins on the hopper end (pin 9 should be connected with a screw onto the case). The pin numbers should be engraved onto the hopper AMP Plug. If you get it wrong it would short lol.

Offline mattuski

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 05:18:23 AM »
Thanks
I'll have a look  at the hopper  wiring connection in the daylight tomorrow
the  pin connector  I have on one of the hoppers which I assume originally came from this machine has 8 wires that connect to the back of the hopper 12 pin AMP plug which then connects to the 20 pin connector onto the small PCB on the hopper itself.
 The other hopper is similar a older version I think with about 13 wires to the small PCB on the hopper and one wire to earth(not pin 9 though) and a different style of connector both ends  ,  I'm happy as, that the machine is going the bill acceptor is working and is working fine that way but would eventually like to try and get both going  cheers

Offline Gaming1

• Gaming1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 02:13:17 AM »
If it is nsw software you don't need to run hopper just set the settings to no hopper and it won't care if hopper is in or out

Offline mattuski

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 02:35:02 AM »
Thanks Gaming1
I have been happily plugging away with it the last few weeks its been working fine and have disabled the hopper and just recycling notes through the bill acceptor
 I haven't started to repair the other machine  I need a monitor and a few bits for that one  will look  into it soon.

Offline Gaming1

• Gaming1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 12:59:21 PM »
Are you in nsw as have a few contacts  for most aristocrat gear or photos I might be able to help

Offline mattuski

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 04:07:15 AM »
Yes just over the(good side) ACT border

So the other machine I have had a few four legged visitors through it  over the last few years.
Anyway the monitor PCB was damaged and I eventually go it going through a convertor and a LCD monitor got the lock up screen and got to the stage where  I need to press play /bet  buttons but the buttons don't work I think its a problem with the PCB below the buttons on the inside of the door I've checked wiring looms connections etc I have power to the buttons but no go.I don't know if these boards are still available?

I think this machine is an earlier version of the other one I have . It has the PCB under the  buttons on the inside of the door and a small box on the back of the cabinet (for the back of the monitor) the main/ lab and power  boards  are all interchangeable between the two  so I know the main boards are ok :Scratch-Head:

Cheers 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal