New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Electromechanical Bally  (Read 2431 times)

Offline filounet

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • filounet New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Electromechanical Bally
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2023, 02:26:20 AM »
the last

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2023, 02:48:19 AM »
Sorry I just realized that I forgot to count two symbols on the right wheel, the 2.Q3

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2023, 11:11:23 AM »
you're doing good.

if you want to make it like bally did it so you'd match bally documentation, below is an example of a reel wiper wiring diagram used on the 742A-118, 742A-2G and a few other models.  They are oddball machines with operator adjustable payback percentage.

1] the columns of rivets marked 1-9 are the slot depths, where 9 is the deepest slot.  The gotcha ...

2] the diagram is drawn looking at the wiring side, so the wiper arm represented by the dashed line can only move left.  It's impossible for the wiper contacts to sit on the rightmost 4 columns of rivets on the diagram.

3] the way the wiper fingers are connected together is indicated by the sets of joined arrows to the right of the rivet columns.  You'd want to redraw those like your game has.

4] the tape symbols corresponding to the slot depths are above the rivet columns.  It's not always true that each symbol maps to only one column depth.  On multiple line games, games with mystery pays, or games with scatter pays, a payline symbol may index into different slot depths depending on what symbol was above/below it on the tape. 

so the J-M rivet columns in your picture are not used, and columns I-A are slot depths 1-9.  In this case, you don't use depth 9 either.

you could load the diagram into a graphics program and erase the existing information to create a blank template, then fill in the wiring of your game.  For the wire ids, you can look at the payout counter diagram and use those ... bally tended to use the same id's for the payouts (e.g. the wire on the 2 trace is 13, the 5 trace is 15, etc).  If the same color wire was used between reels ... but is not the same wire connecting to multiple reels ... then the second use of the wire color would be something like 13-1)

742A afaik have the connections to the payout counter coming from the reel 1 wiper board, so some of the wires on the reel 1 board are going thru the plug connections to your m-645-96 board.

recreating the reel wiper wiring diagram is a bit of work, but it's the only way to determine how the game paid and how much it paid when you don't have all the paperwork or the glass ... or if it's a custom machine or just something assembled from random parts.

having said all that, if the goal is to make a working machine with bally original glass (rather than producing a custom glass), then you're probably starting with finding a glass to stick in the game that matches pays your payout counter disc supports (or replace the payout counter disc also), then you rewire the reels and make tapes so the index discs you have will produce what the glass says.

you may wind up using multiple slot depths for the same symbol to adjust the payback percentage or hit frequency, or you can do the mystery pay approach where the game makes a payout that is not on the glass

finally, if you want to figure out how the 742A-2G machine and it's variable payback worked, I think I have the schematic and some other docs for it ... but not the payout counter diagram.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2023, 01:52:07 AM »
Hello, here is the statement of the cards but I admit that it does not necessarily speak to me...

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2023, 01:53:11 AM »
And the last

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2023, 09:46:33 AM »
great!  I'll convert that info to a schematic representation and it'll be easier to see what the pays are once all the mistakes I'm going to make are fixed :-)

it'll take a few days tho ... have a few other projects to deal with first.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2023, 09:51:45 AM »
it looks like your reel wipers/boards are from a 742A-29E - see attached w-1041-320-322 diagram.  The matching reel index discs are P-484-[254, 255, 256] also attached.

so you have parts of a 742A-29E, 742A-114 and unknown index disc that could be either or something different.

the payout counter disc is the same for a 742A-29E and 742A-114, but the wiring may have been slightly different - depends on the payouts for each machine.

unfortunately, that means the reel wiper wiring can't be used to figure out what a "two for the money" machine was, so that will stay a mystery for now.

you can compare the below index disc definitions to what you have using your notes and the 742A-114 docs posted previously.

besides the glass, the hard part is usually the index discs.  You can rewire the wiper boards to match the index discs, but in this case we don't have the documentation to figure out the original payouts of a 742A-114 (the basic stuff like cherry's and 3 of a kind you can assume ... it's scatter pays, wild symbols or whatever "two for the money" meant we don't know).

you may need to find a glass, then wire the reel index boards and make reel tapes to match the payouts.  You'd have to decide which slot depths mapped to which symbols, and you could map more than one slot depth to the same symbol if you had more slots depths than symbols.

if you could make index discs, then you could make the machine any 742A model you wanted ... assuming you could make/find a glass/reel tapes and the documentation existed.

you could also make a completely custom game with any payback percentage you wanted if you can make a glass and tapes.  Design a 200% payback machine and I'd still manage to lose all my money in it :-)

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2023, 11:53:57 AM »
Good morning,

Thank you for your time, your advice and your precious help, I will listen to you and redo a 742 machine with cherries and pears because I have a window and I will just have to redo the strips and for that I am currently missing the drawing pears so if someone has this in high definition I'm interested.
I also have to fill two slots on my disks and I will have a machine that will pay around 76%.

Have a nice day
Philip

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal