New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Main Door/ Reel tilt ERRORS - NOT caused by the Varta Battery.  (Read 3112 times)

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 267
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Main Door/ Reel tilt ERRORS - NOT caused by the Varta Battery.
« on: November 04, 2014, 06:46:19 PM »
I recently had the "Door open" and "Reel tilt" errors caused (I think) by trace damage from corrosion from that damn Varta battery which leaks after time.
I've repaired one slot by trouble shooting with everyone's help here - finally swapping out the MPU which cleared all the errors.

I'm now having a similar issue on my next s2000. The only thing I did was get the game running after a lithium battery change. When I got the the "Close Main Door" command, NOTHING changes when I close the door. Although it was probably not necessary, I did a CLEAR/SET (which I think is easy now) and the same thing happens. I removed that battery and there was only a small amount of corrosion on the trace. I checked the continuity on the trace and it was good. I don't see any other damage.
Has anyone had this happen enough times that they know which traces are most likely "hit" or is it just dependent on how the battery leaks?
(I revised my question. I will post a new topic later specifically for the MPU, which wasn't the case here!)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:23:25 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Main Door/ Reel tilt ERRORS caused by green Varta battery - Repair MPU?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 07:19:15 PM »
Have you eliminated all other possibilities on the second MPU?

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 05:28:08 PM »
I don't really know where to start. I can't tell if any other traces are bad. I guess I can just wait for my other MPU board to come in. That way, I'll know it's something on the MPU. But... still would like to figure out the specific problem on the dead MPU. The vendor I bought the MPU from (he's a member here but very busy) did give me this advice:
IGT Door errors are common. It is frequently alignment or a broken wire. Occasionally it is U92 on the MPU board.  Fixing them can be fun. It will keep you out of the bars or drive you to drink. ] ;)
I guess I should do the logical thing and make absolutely sure my door optics are working. One thing I just remembered: Just before I removed the varta battery, I was getting the Door M error. Then after removing the battery, the machine failed to recognize the door being closed. So, the error changed in that the code didn't come up on the display.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
I was just curious as to whether you had eliminated the main door and belly door as possible causes. Not sure if there has ever been any details posted as far as which specific traces get damaged

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 07:06:09 PM »
Let's start with one step at a time.  When you did a clear and key, when you went to key menue the VFD told you to press and hold the test button for 3 seconds ( by the way 3 seconds are never long enough ) Then VFD told you to close the Main Door. When you then closed the main door did the VFD change or did it remain the same " Close the Main door ??
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 12:29:19 AM »
Hi Buzz and Cowboygames...
Delayed response due to that dumb thing called "work."

Buzz... yes, after I held the test button for a full three seconds, the VFD did not change after I closed the main door.
(this happened recently in my other s2000 and it was due to the trace damage from that Varta battery)

Cowboygames - no I really didn't eliminate the possibility of the door optics yet, although this game was supposedly working when I bought it... it had been sitting. I did make sure they were aligned properly.

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 02:43:14 AM »
OK then there is a problem with the machine seeing the door has been closed.  Have you looked at the door optics like your unnamed vendor told you to. Mark you just have to start with the easy fixes before you go and change the MPU. You may just have a door optic that needs adjusting, or a bad optic.

Check this, follow the red/white and green wire from the door optics it will go along the buttons, inside the machine and somewhere to the rear and below the #1 reel those two wires will plug into another two wire plug. Now these two plugs are more often than not will be hard to find in that mass of wires but they are there trust me. (there is no reason for them not to be plugged together )

You have other S 2000,  a enhanced board and a 502/504 board will not interchange. but if you have another machine will a like board as this machine switch boards Don't bother even switching the software from one board to the other. ( the MPU doesn't know what reel strips are installed ) Just pull the complete board out of the bad machine and stick it into a good machine, you may have to do a clear and key but that's no big deal. Now if the Door Open problem moves over to the good machine then you have a  bad MPU. ( I'm betting all you have is a optic problem)
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 08:54:23 PM »
Okay I followed the wires... up, under, back, down, WTF??, oh found em! Got to the plug, then followed that down to the mother board... looked carefully with my flashlight... lost the wire but pressed one of the plugs near where I lost the wires... and SNAP! ... the plug... plugs in. It was out just a bit. When I powered the machine back on... I got the alarm...which I didn't have (and failed to mention) before. Finished up the configuration and got a working machine.
Thank you Buzz and Cowboygames.  :hail:

Funny how the same symptoms were a different problem. My last machine was the damage on the traces in the MPU... this one was the plug.
Thanks again. I'm going to say this topic is solved. I have BV issues but I'll search the site before whining...er asking questions in the appropriate area.
Oh forgot... vendor is Fred Franklin. I've bought my last MPU from him. I guess he's here but doesn't come on often.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:25:37 PM by shortrackskater »

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
Re: Main Door/ Reel tilt ERRORS - NOT caused by the Varta Battery.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
 :thank_you:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal