New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BACK LIT LED REELS PROBLEMS  (Read 6274 times)

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • vegasbaby New User barely matters.vegasbaby New User barely matters.
  • NLG
BACK LIT LED REELS PROBLEMS
« on: November 10, 2014, 10:53:17 PM »
HI
I have a s2000 5 reel TRIPLE DOUBLE RED SEVENS that had back lit bulb type reels. All worked fine. I decided to up grade to LED back lit reels,installing new reels, harness,controller board,.Install went well ALL connection points are firmly pushed and tight. Reel strips are mounted in correct location. But here is the problem mainly on reels 2 & 3 on a winning combonations  those two reels don't light up. Here what is odd reels 2 & 3 some times will lite up if the winning combo is in the right location. Any body out there ever experience this problem before? If so what was the fix. Any ideals out there?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
MARK
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:44:44 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BACK LIT LED REELS PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 11:25:02 PM »
Never seen that with LED reels.  Have you ran the light test in diagnostics to make sure all of them work?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:58:44 PM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 12:17:42 AM by vegasbaby »

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
Re: BACK LIT LED REELS PROBLEMS-STRIP ORDER
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 10:13:25 AM »
Hi
I'm looking at my reel strip order on this game,when installing strips do they  go from smallest numbers on reel #1 working there way up.
My question is looking at numbers on my reel strips,i have numbers like 92030000-5896. Would i use the last four digits or the first set of digits to determine reel strip order OR the first set of digits.

THANKS MARK

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 11:01:54 AM »
Before you do anything else you should do a reel lite test to make sure all the leds are working.

As for the strips.  You can use the last 4 numbers after the dash.  Smallest number is reel 1.  So -5896 is reel 1, -5897 is reel 2,............
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 11:44:39 AM »
HI
Did the reel test,it didn't spit out any errors.But really don't know what the test tells me.  Here are some pictures. Also have reel strips in order from smallest to biggest using last four digits. Still not working.

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 11:59:41 AM »
HERE IS MY STRIP ORDER
#1 92029600-5619
#2 92029700-5884
#3 92029900-5885
#4 92029800-5895
#5 92030000-5896
STILL led not lighting up correctly & pays are off.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 11:59:48 AM »
Looks like you did a reel test, not a light test.  The light test will show you if the lights are not working. 

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 12:01:46 PM »
#3 92029900-5885
#4 92029800-5895

Looks like 3 and 4 are backwards, 800 should be on reel 3, 900 on reel 4

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »
REEL LAMP TEST is menu 4.10 on most of the SG chips.

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 12:27:48 PM »
Hi
Performing the light test,still pending. As far as reel order,i thought you said the last four digits of each reel strip determine the strip order,that why i placed the reels in that order.Isn't 5619 the smallest number. But once the led test stops,i can change things around to the new strip order.
THANKS
MARK

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 12:49:35 PM »
When performing the light test,how long dose it normally take. As my test has been on going for over 10 min ? Hopefully it will stop on its own once the test is completed.
I'm stoping the test after almost 30 min and no final test results spit out by the machine,dose the no test results tell me there is something wrong?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:17:36 PM by vegasbaby »

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 02:32:09 PM »
No test results come out of the machine.  Did all 3 rows of LEDS light up?  Each one should have lite up.  The point is to see if any of them are dead.  So if some did not light up then that's why you are having a problem.  As for the reel strips, most of the strips don't have that 4 digit number but looking at the other number the last 4 digits on those strips should be in numerical order from left to right.  Just make sure the pays are correct once your have them installed.

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 02:53:30 PM »
During light test all three reels did light up.Pays are not correct either.But have the reel strip in the order that you said to go with,that being the first set of numbers,not the last four digits. That's the same order i had before upgrade to leds.Still trying to solve this problem. I did find a triple double red hot sevens 5 reel game on youtube & his game is performing like mine,but his is worse. His pays are over the board. And back lites not lighting up on pays. I'm trying to download that video.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 03:10:16 PM »
I sold him the LEDs and they were tested prior to shipping so they were working.

He is running SB100929. I have attached the paytable glass for a triple double ----  butterfly .. lucky sevens .. red hot sevens .. stars. Not easy to figure out which seven is which but any sevens and fruits are easy to figure out.

When looking at image REEL TEST 003. The winning pay out in the credit meter is 102 .. divide that by 3 since there is a 3X multiplier in line 3 .. = 34 .. divide that by 10 for the credits per line bet .. = 3.4 and that doesn't match any payouts. I would think that the reel strips are either on the wrong reel or the indexing on the reel is incorrect.

I have also attached a picture of where the reels overlap .. at least the triple and double stuff can be compared position wise.

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 03:26:34 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=rRBCdqNZKMA&u=/watch?v=SggTAoTad2E&feature=em-share_video_user
HI
Check the way this TRIPLE DOUBLE RED HOT SEVENS pays & light up for the pays,its all over the board. (Embedding disabled, limit reached) This is not of my slot,but just a  game like mine on youtube with same problems but worse.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:54:05 PM by vegasbaby »

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »
I sold him the LEDs and they were tested prior to shipping so they were working.

He is running SB100929. I have attached the paytable glass for a triple double ----  butterfly .. lucky sevens .. red hot sevens .. stars. Not easy to figure out which seven is which but any sevens and fruits are easy to figure out.

When looking at image REEL TEST 003. The winning pay out in the credit meter is 102 .. divide that by 3 since there is a 3X multiplier in line 3 .. = 34 .. divide that by 10 for the credits per line bet .. = 3.4 and that doesn't match any payouts. I would think that the reel strips are either on the wrong reel or the indexing on the reel is incorrect.

I have also attached a picture of where the reels overlap .. at least the triple and double stuff can be compared position wise.
I have added my reel strips for comparison,looks like a match to me

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 06:47:47 PM »
HI
Since reel strips are in correct order,what else could be causing problems.The picture i have inserted is of the old back lit controller,that was running old style back lit bulb lites.
The two boards look a like,have same connections points,can this first board be used to see if the new board is the problem?

THANKS
MARK

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »
Here is a new video of how the back lites are working,along with how its paying.And a few pictures of led board,has blinking yellow light,& solid yellow light with power on.
http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=rx0wT3TYbJc&u=/watch?v=M7xvCnE2m7g&feature=em-share_video_user

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 07:41:29 PM »
Pictures of led controller has blinking yellow light and one solid yellow light,is that normal ?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal