New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BV Error...after possible hot swap  (Read 4184 times)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
BV Error...after possible hot swap
« on: November 19, 2014, 12:12:40 PM »
Ok, trying to help someone out on this one. Machine was playing fine, then one day, VFD display goes black. Wires were wiggled and jiggled (with machine on), display flashed back to life, then died shortly after. Swapped in a fresh display (with power off) and all is fine there, but now, there's a BV Error that will not clear. BV cycles and is enabled. Did a Netplex AutoConfig and reseated BV, but can't clear the error.

Is it possible that by wiggling and jiggling the display harness (essentially a hot swap, as connection was re-established and display came to life) could have fired the BV? Arent they both SENET devices, making them somewhat related?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:44:35 AM by Ron (r273) »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BV Error...after possible hot swap
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:37:25 PM »
VFD and BV are netplex devices.  It is unlikely, but possible I guess that some surge backfed into the validator.  They only have one IGT machine?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:41:28 PM »
Oh! Sorry, NetPlex, not SENET (I don't know the difference anyway, I was doing good to remember they were related).

Yes, just one machine, so it makes it a little tougher. BV was working fine before the issue with the dispay, that's why I was looking to that event as a possible cause.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:44:57 PM »
A validator test on a known working machine would be the only way I can think of.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 12:53:58 PM »
Grrrr.... :hissyfit:  well, keep thinking, if you could please!!

The owner has had an unpleasant experience with a "repair guy" (who wiggled the display harness with machine on, then charged him for the repair) and the 2nd "repair guy" he was going to take it to asked for schematics, as he had never worked on an S2000  :arrowthruhead: . I'm confident in the owners abilities, just trying to help him out (and to save him some headache and $$$ with these "slot repair guys").

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »
The validator, if bad, is an easy fix even for a novice.  You could ask him to send you the validator, you test it, and if it doesn't work, sell him one that does? 

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »
Roz, for sh!ts and grins ha e the customer make sure the cash can is seated properly by removing and reinserting and also have them do the same with the transport. No telling what the repair tech may have messed with

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 04:32:22 PM »
I remember on the old site there was stubborn problem
like this and what fixted it was they disconnected the BV
and ran the auto config. When the machine was finished
the BV was reconnected and the auto config was run again
solving the problem.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 04:36:51 PM »
Roz, for sh!ts and grins ha e the customer make sure the cash can is seated properly by removing and reinserting and also have them do the same with the transport. No telling what the repair tech may have messed with

The error SHOULD be different (like BV Stacker Error), but will do!

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 04:37:49 PM »
I remember on the old site there was stubborn problem
like this and what fixted it was they disconnected the BV
and ran the auto detect. When the machine was finished
the BV was reconnected and the auto detect was run again
solving the problem.

So, pull the BV, run the Netplex AutoConfig, then reinstall, and run Netplex Auto Config again....GOT IT!!!

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 04:42:38 PM »
Yea that's what I remember, one of the
other guys may know more about it.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »
Roz I think I posted that on the old site but don't remember the whole thing. I think I had a BAD BV and after installing a good one I had to do a Auto Config to get the new BV to work.

If he would do a CRC config in IO test and it comes up with the four didget CRC. the BV should be good. ( I think )
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Ros. I had one doing the same thing. Wiggle this and that and it would come on. Lift the door lever and it would go off. Then found any vibration of the machine did it too. Ended up being the motherboard. When the MPU was pushed in there was no resistance and bad connections. Replaced mother board and could feel the connectors with snug fit. Now all is fine.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »
If he would do a CRC config in IO test and it comes up with the four didget CRC. the BV should be good. ( I think )

Well Buzz, you hit the nail on the head! I went and found your CRC config instructions on the old site and sure as S%#^...No Response from BV....

Gary posted (in General Chat) thanking everyone for the help. How's he's in the market for a BV, so we should see him in the Classifieds shortly.

Roz

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
Roz   I think I need to do some damage control.

What I said is if in CRC config the 4 didget CRC comes up the BV is good. I didn't say if the CRC doesn't come up the BV is BAD, it does mean there is a problem but not necessarily a bad BV. Example ( and I just did this to a machine to make sure ) I pulled the cash can out a couple of inches and in IO Test had the machine to calculate the CRC, it came back " NO RESPONCE"

I don't know what it's all about with these WBAs, but a lot of times you have one that won't work and just switch it to the machine next to it and it works fine. I've never tried this but the next time one gives me trouble I'm going to try electrical cleaner on the plug.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 01:30:15 PM »
Well crap! I was happier thinking it was a bad BV!  :rotfl:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal