New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ clear chip-nothing happening  (Read 424 times)

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
IGT S+ clear chip-nothing happening
« on: February 21, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »
I purchased a IGT Coral Reef that was non working with hopes to repair it.  The previous owner replaced the battery and had purchased the reset chip as well as the set 15 chip.  With the machine powered on with the game chip in place I get the dreaded 61 loop.  When I put in the clear chip, there is nothing on the readouts meaning no numbers or anything.  The test button does nothing nor do any of the other buttons.  If I pull the clear chip and reinstall the game chip the machine goes back into the 61 loop.

The previous owner stored the clear chip and Set 15 chip in a zip lock baggie, not a static free baggie.  It is my suspicion that the chips have been compromised and is why I am not getting the 1's to display on the readouts and no response to the clear chip.  Before purchasing another clear/set 15 chip set, anyone else think of anything else it could be?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT S+ clear chip-nothing happening
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 11:27:50 PM »
I would say to make sure you're following everything in this guide to a "t" to ensure that you are doing the procedure exactly as required:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=16134.0

If you followed all the steps in that guide and it still shows nothing on the display, it's certainly possible you have a bad RAM clear chip.

About the only other thing I can think of that I've seen once before is that the RAM clear chip wasn't burned properly and you might get success by changing the jumper on the MPU board for the GAME PROM socket to its alternate setting. You won't harm anything by changing that jumper. Worst case is that you'll continue to have nothing happen. Best case is that you'll get the expected results with the clear chip. Be sure to set the jumper back to its current position after you move it for your testing.

Good luck!
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

• ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 08:41:22 AM »
Thanks for your suggestion.  I did try to move the jumper and still nothing on the readouts nor response from buttons/test button.  I went ahead and ordered the reset chip "package" to give it a whirl.  Not very expensive and will come in handy down the road.  I will update once that comes and have a chance to try the new clear chip.

I cant imagine the board would be bad or cmos having issues since I do get some action with the original game chip in place.  If you think of anything else I should be considering/researching let me know. 

Thanks again!

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 07:25:07 AM »
Just to follow up, I received the new clear chip set and it worked like a charm.  I'm no longer in the 61 loop.  Now I am having 21 error issues and will clean the optics but as far as this thread goes, its solved! =)  Thanks @knagl for your help!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 10:20:43 PM »
Thanks for the follow-up.  Feel free to start a new thread if you need help with your new error issue.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal