New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Error 61 won't go to 61-1  (Read 4209 times)

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Midcoastsurf New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ Error 61 won't go to 61-1
« on: July 07, 2015, 03:17:23 PM »
Hello, i am new to the board. I have been working on pinball machines for the last 17 years, but never slots. I have a double cherry bar IGT slot machine and need some help.  After receiving an error 12 code, replaced the onboard battery. I now have an error 61 code. I was able to get to the 61–1 code by holding down the white button, but I accidentally turn the reset key one too many times. The game now shows the error 61 code, and when I hold down the white button by the on/off switch the displays go blank and error 61 comes back. I can no longer get to 61–1.

Next steps?  I heard that the clear/set chips are last resort. Anything else I can try?

TIA!
Brad

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ Error 61 won't go to 61-1
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 03:48:24 PM »
One thing you can try is pulling the cmos chip wait 10 seconds and replace and if that does not work you will have to clear it with a clear chip.

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 04:43:13 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply!  Pulling the CMOS chip for 10 seconds allowed the game to go to 61-1. I then closed the door, and turned the reset key once. After about 10 seconds, the error 61 message came back. No reels spinning. I opened the door and could no longer get 61-1 back.

My chips say:
Game PROM: 872
Reel PROM: 4672 3cm

If that helps. If I need a clear chip, which one do I get? I do have a bill validate, but only use quarters. Is a set chip still required?

Thanks!

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 05:04:25 PM »
You need an S+ clear chip. I just ordered a clear chip for an S+. If you are not going to enable the b/v you won't need a set chip.If you do decide to enable the b/v after all. The set chip is Set 026.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 05:17:21 PM »
Thanks for the info!  So the clear chip is a standard one across all S+ models?

I see an IVC123 clear chip on eBay. Should work, right?

Thanks

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 05:27:50 PM »
OK first of all, Welcome to NLG. Glad to have you aboard. I think if it was me, even if you don't want the b/v enabled now. I would buy them as a set. Some of the vendors on here may have them or E-Bay has them as a clear and 026 set chip combo. Most machines take a standard clear chip. And second of all.... A man who loves Pinballs can't be all bad. I like my pinball machines. You never know if you might want to use the validator down the road. Then you'll have the chip. If not...nobody hurt no foul. Good luck with your machine.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 05:33:19 PM »
Good point Dave. Might as well for an extra $5. Thanks again for the welcome and the help. If anyone needs pinball solid state repair help, let me know.

Brad

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 09:13:21 PM »
Hate to contradict, but my choice would bea SET015 to enable the validator. ,ay very weepll do the same thing, but I have no experience with(actually never even heard of a) SET026. Just saying...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 11:41:23 PM »
You're in what we affectionately call the "61 loop" -- where you go from 61 to 61-1, back to 61, lather, rinse, repeat.  At this point, a RAM clear chip is what you need.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 05:33:47 AM »
Hate to contradict, but my choice would bea SET015 to enable the validator. ,ay very weepll do the same thing, but I have no experience with(actually never even heard of a) SET026. Just saying...

Yeah Roz he messaged me about a 15. I was going off the list on the S+ page. I told him the 15 was kind of a universal set chip. I never got back on last night. I think he's up and running. Thanks

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 07:14:55 AM »
I still need to order the chip set. I'll go with the 015 for the B/V.

Any tips on adjusting the front door locking mechanism?  It is really hard to push down the latch when pushing on the door. It's usually a hip check and push down in one motion.

Also, which chip would give higher/better payouts for home use?

Thanks!

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 09:00:40 AM »
You should start a new thread for the door adjustment. So everyone can see it's a different topic.

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/

Here's a link to the reel chip page. You can look and decide what percentage you would like your machine set at. Good luck.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal