New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: wrong payouts  (Read 2236 times)

Offline CocoCat

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • CocoCat New User has no influence.
  • NLG
wrong payouts
« on: July 18, 2015, 07:58:33 PM »
hi. hope someone can help me. I have an s+  tournament double RWB.  The reels are giving me payouts when they shouldn't be, as well as giving me payouts that aren't even shown on the glass when a payout is triggered. 
here are the details you guys/gals need:

1. the reels are in the right positions
2. the harness is connected into the correct places
3. the reel strips are seated on the reels correctly
4. i have an SP830 and an ST0020
5. I do have a set and clear chip (have not used them)

attached are 2 short videos showing my problem (taken from the output tests)  in the 1st I believe that the reels should be stopping on the 3 double symbols  as for the 2nd no clue as the payout flashing doesn't match anything on the glass

any and all help would be much appreciated :)

Edited attachment to turn picture right-side up. -knagl
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:05:33 AM by CocoCat »

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: wrong payouts
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 08:24:08 PM »
Is this a new machine? Or has this worked correctly in the past? Are you sure the reel strips are in the correct position ex. 1-2-3? Could you have the wrong glass installed in the machine? I don't know much about tournament play but it seems to differ from regular play with time allowed to play etc. From what I could see you seem to have the correct chips installed. Is there a setting on the machine that changes payouts during tournament play?  As you can see I asked more questions than you did. Hang tough it'll get figured out.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline CocoCat

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 08:41:07 PM »
it worked correctly in the past. it stopped working correctly after I used my set chip to activate the DBV.   When i replaced my SP chip it started acting this way.. so i took out the DBV. broke some legs (not in the sockets) on my original SP830... ordered a NEW SP830 and it is still acting weird.  I am guessing something isn't set up right anymore somehow.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 11:39:37 PM »
In your first video, you are correct, the machine is showing you the payout for three "Double" symbols.  The credits window (and overflowing into the Winner Paid window) alternate between 1,000 and 10,000 -- the single coin and 3-coin payouts for that combination.

Your second video is showing you the payout for one of the RWB 7s combo with two "Double" symbols substituting for the 7s, and the 7 in the correct position (Red, White, or Blue on the proper reel) for a payout of 1,200 (one coin) or 3,600 (3-coin play).

Based on your first video, the third reel is displaying correctly.  The first two reels are not.  Also based on your videos, I agree that the reel strips appear to be on the correct reels, based on the limited information available by watching the videos.

Are you absolutely positive that the reel strips are aligned properly in the baskets -- that is, the notch on the strips matches up with the notch in the baskets (which can be located on the outside of the reel basket by running your finger along it and feeling for the bump on the side)?

Is it possible that you have slant top reels installed in the first two reel positions?  Have you changed out the reels or reel baskets recently?  Slant top reels are offset differently from upright reels, and would cause a situation similar to what you're experiencing, although from your first video one of the Double symbols is two below the payline, while the other is two above the payline, which isn't consistent.

If you have not changed out the reel assemblies or baskets since it was last working normally, I guess I'd be at the point of, "if all else fails, try the clear chip", but I've never heard of a game displaying the wrong symbols being fixed by running a clear.  I strongly think you may have slant top reel baskets installed (with the other possibilities being the wrong SS (or ST) chip, or poor alignment of the reel strips within the baskets).

For kicks, although from the video it looks like they are, can you confirm that your reel strips have the following symbols in the order presented:

Line # 1 ~~ ~~ ~~
Line # 2 B7 B7 B7
Line # 3 ~~ ~~ ~~
Line # 4 RB RB RB
Line # 5 ~~ ~~ ~~
Line # 6 H7 H7 H7
Line # 7 ~~ ~~ ~~
Line # 8 BB BB BB
Line # 9 ~~ ~~ ~~
Line # 10 R7 R7 R7
Line # 11 ~~ ~~ ~~
Line # 12 HB HB HB
Line # 13 ~~ ~~ ~~
Line # 14 B7 B7 DS
Line # 15 ~~ ~~ ~~
Line # 16 DS RB RB
Line # 17 ~~ ~~ ~~
Line # 18 BB DS H7
Line # 19 ~~ ~~ ~~
Line # 20 H7 R7 BB
Line # 21 ~~ ~~ ~~
Line # 22 HB BB HB

R7 = Red 7
H7 = White 7
B7 = Blue 7

RB = Red Bar
HB = White Bars
BB = Blue Bars

DS = Double Symbol
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline CocoCat

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 02:50:32 AM »
I did not remove or replace the baskets or strips since it was last 'working'.   the strips are indeed lined up correctly on the baskets with the notches lined up with the bump on the reels. As for them being slant-top reels, no clue but they did work correctly at one point so im sure that isnt the problem, unless some trickery was done to make them work *shrug*

pic shows the notches on all 3 reels are in the right spot.  (no handstand required to view this one ;) )

Offline CocoCat

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 09:39:06 AM »
ok got them to re-align by..........  Replacing the battery causing a 61 error.
 When I cleared the 61-1 it started to behave correctly.  *shrug*
 I replaced the original 3.6v battery with a 4.5V  3 AA offboard connector (using rechargeable batteries in it)

next trick getting my DBV  200 to work. see you in that area when necessary.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 01:41:52 PM »
Very odd -- I haven't seen that one before.

Steps to re-enable the DBV with the SET chip can be found here:

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/dbv.htm
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal