New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Best/easiest way to make Double Diamond more interesting?  (Read 3956 times)

Offline mdude

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mdude New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Best/easiest way to make Double Diamond more interesting?
« on: September 01, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »
So I am not a slot machine expert. I bought a Double Diamond machine for my brother a couple years ago and it's basically been collecting dust ever since. We recently managed to grab a Multi Poker (PE+) machine for $185 in pristine working condition so now we're trying to get a real game room set up. The only problem is the Double Diamond machine seems pretty boring now by comparison. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get "new life" out of this machine (hence how I found this site!) Browsing a little bit, I see that it might be possible to add a "nudge" feature to the machine by getting a new game chip or something?

Please excuse my ignorance. If anyone has any suggestions about the best way to make our Double Diamond machine a bit more interesting, it would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Best/easiest way to make Double Diamond more interesting?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 12:15:40 PM »
You can make a DD Haywire by changing to a Double Jackpot Haywire SS chip. I can give you more details if you state what the machine model is (S plus, S2000, etc). The SP chip or base chip might need to be changed as well.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:17:53 PM »
You can change the kit on the machine and it will make it into another game type. You basically replace the glass, reel strips and software.

OR

As stated above, you can get both, the game Chip and the Reel chip for Double Jackpot Haywire, and will make your machine Haywire in certain pays.   To add judge feature, you will need to change out strips and glass to Double Diamond Deluxe or any of the other "deluxe" themes i.e. Haywire Deluxe, Red White & Blue Deluxe, etc.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Haywired New User barely matters.Haywired New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »
You can make a DD Haywire by changing to a Double Jackpot Haywire SS chip. I can give you more details if you state what the machine model is (S plus, S2000, etc). The SP chip or base chip might need to be changed as well.
RB bet me to the punch ... :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up:

Offline mdude

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 12:31:57 PM »
Wow this community is super active. That's awesome!

So, it looks like I just found an interesting twist. I was reading through how to figure out what the different EPROMs were, and it looks like this Double Diamond machine actually has a Gold Mountain chip in it ("SS3441") which appears to actually have the same payout table even though the reels are Double Diamond reels.

It's an S+ machine, and the game chip is SP0731.

Let me know if that helps with being able to provide more guidance to this newb. Being able to change to a Haywire game with just swapping the SS chip sounds like the best/easiest option? (AKA, the suggestion that RB offered)

Thanks again!

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 12:41:25 PM »
Gold Mountain & Double Diamond are clones. SP731 is for type 0,1,4,5 & 12 games so it would need to be changed as well. Haywire games are type 2 if I'm not mistaken.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline mdude

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 01:23:45 PM »
Gotcha. Any advice on the best place to buy these EPROMs?

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 03:52:30 PM »
Sell it and get an S2000.  S2000 prices are really reasonable and the sky's the limit when it comes to kit swapping.  Different sounds, backlit strips, just an overall better experience.  I'm going on 5 years with my S2000 and I still play the heck out of it.

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Haywired New User barely matters.Haywired New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 05:59:18 PM »
Sell it and get an S2000  S2000 prices are really reasonable and the sky's the limit when it comes to kit swapping.  Different sounds, backlit strips, just an overall better experience.  I'm going on 5 years with my S2000 and I still play the heck out of it.

Thanks,
Jason

Boy....That's some good advice for someone who is new to the hobby and wants to add new life to an old machine.. :no: 

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 08:03:50 PM »
Sell it and get an S2000  S2000 prices are really reasonable and the sky's the limit when it comes to kit swapping.  Different sounds, backlit strips, just an overall better experience.  I'm going on 5 years with my S2000 and I still play the heck out of it.

Thanks,
Jason

Boy....That's some good advice for someone who is new to the hobby and wants to add new life to an old machine.. :no:

I guess I gave the wrong advice here.  How about this...

Don't ever consider upgrading your S+ because once you have it, you're never allowed to update it to something else. That said, by all means, put hundreds of dollars into kits that will give you the same sounds and more or less the same experience that you get today.  Buy extra parts for it too...MPUs, motherboards, power supplies, etc. 

Ok, all ridiculousness aside, I was merely presenting an option because I was in the same boat years ago.  I, like all of us, was new to the hobby once.  I bought an S+, was bored with the sounds after 30 days, discovered that the S2000 offered way more flexibility for my needs.  Therefore, I decided to move to the next level and invest in the S2000 platform.  Doesn't mean the S+ is a bad machine...just didn't work for me for various reasons. 

Hopefully, this answer is acceptable.

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 12:26:44 AM »
You should be able to get a replacement SP and SS chip to add the haywire feature to your S+ Double Diamond machine for around $20, so not a huge investment to put some new life into your old game.

You mentioned you have the SS3441 chip in your machine right now, which is a 2-coin Double Diamond SS chip.  To switch to the haywire feature, you'll need to pick a new SS chip.  You can see the list of available Double Jackpot Haywire SS chips for your 2-coin game (which is the chip that is compatible with your existing glass and reel strips) by clicking here.  The SS4696 is the highest payback chip available, and for home use would be my first choice.

As mentioned, you'll also need to change out your SP chip from the SP731 you currently have, since SP731 doesn't support the Type 2 (Haywire) games.  Any of the following SP chips will work for you:

SP1274
SP1229
SP1207
SP1146
SP1011
SP945
SP934
SP873
SP813
SP805
SP779
SP737

I'd start at the top of that list and work your way down with whatever vendor you contact, as the higher the chip number, the newer the chip.  Over time, IGT released different chips with newer features.  Generally speaking, the newer chips would have more features and options.  There are a few even older chips that would run it, but I didn't include them because they're older than the SP chip you're currently running (which is borderline old) and probably not really desirable.

Also, if your machine has a dollar bill validator, you'll want to pick up a SET chip to re-enable the bill validator, which will likely be turned off when you install the new SP chip.  A set of SET and RAM CLEAR chips again shouldn't cost more than $20.  You likely won't need the clear chip, but it's okay to have on hand if you find yourself in a pinch and need it.

As far as where to get the chips?  Contact any of the vendors on the front page of the site and they should be able to help you out.  Roz from Central Valley is an active contributor here on the forum, and I've personally done business with Jim at Blueridge and have only good things to say about him.  However, any vendor listed there should be able to help you and/or point you in the right direction.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal