New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: need help clearing 21 code  (Read 4500 times)

Offline trashman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • trashman New User barely matters.trashman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
need help clearing 21 code
« on: September 02, 2015, 01:40:50 PM »
ok this is whats going on i picked up a thriple diamond with a low battery.replaced the battery did the 61 clear.didnt use clear chips.then game fired up code free.coins kept droping threw so put a coin in te conparitor.so i tryed to set the coin canparitor + and - with no luck.so i took it out and put a pinball coin mech in ran coin though it code 21 came up put in old coin assembly back in machine.what i read say open and close the door,no luck. i replaced the door sensors and tryed to adjust the old ones as well as the new ones,again no luck.any ideas im going to try to see if there is a differnt harness that should go to coin assembly since it dont look right to me.any help would be appreciated THANKS

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: need help clearing 21 code
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 05:47:37 PM »
Is the bill acceptor light illuminated ?

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 06:58:32 PM »
OK so you replaced a coin comparitor with a regular coin mechanism? That won't work because the electronics in the machine won't recognize the coin mech.  Hook up the coin comparitor and try the open and close door. Make sure the sample coin is in and try one thing at a time. Don't adjust anything until you have tested coins etc.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 07:31:38 PM »
21 wont clear if you have a bad cash can door switch or bad optic. Try reseating the MPU also

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 06:21:33 AM »
do the optic test,  press the test button until you see a 10_1, (input test)  remove the coin comp, place a small stick !/4 wide, through the optics (black encoder underneath the coin comp.)  move it side to side, the _1 should change to a _0, turn the reset key, should change to a 11_1 do the same and press the tiny white button underneath the plug on that board same results, then again, 12_1 same thing, same results.   if test 10_1 fails will not change abd the others do, then remove Q-2 or Q-4 on the board, this will solve your problem.  Its a surface mount transistor, not the IR optic.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 07:38:06 AM »
Bob, tried sending a pm,  said your box is "FULL".

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 10:23:11 AM »
pm you should be empty now
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:58:15 PM by trashman »

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 05:52:59 AM »
bill acceptor light isnt illuminated but does run when turned on.

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 05:55:35 AM »
i did remove the q2 and q4 off mpu.i still can not get machine to reconize the 10 1 to 10 0 test or to clear the 21 air code any other ideas would be appreciated thanks

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 07:08:17 PM »
you should only have  removed  one or the other,

send me the optics   I'll fix it for you.

Jim

Signature:

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 03:42:58 PM »
 I shiped them thanks  jim.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 04:21:05 AM by trashman »

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 11:21:34 AM »
well i put the resistor back in mpu that you sent me.and i installed the optic board still cant clear th 21 code.any other ideas thanks bob

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 04:21:26 PM »
The cash can door switch on the bill acceptor assembly , has the wires been removed from the door switch and tied together so the switch is not causing an open circuit?

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 11:20:00 AM »
the cash can switch was bad also the coin conparitor.game is working like a charm thanks everyone ! :hail:

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 07:42:39 PM »
Bob     glad you got everything working.

Jim

Signature:

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 04:43:35 PM »
THANKS AND DONT FORGET MY BILL THANKS BOB :garfield:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal