New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ chip issues  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Clawsino

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clawsino New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ chip issues
« on: September 07, 2015, 04:56:39 PM »
So I have an IGT S+ slot here, it's a 3 coin multiplier "Chaos" theme with the extra pay feature. Type 2 machine. I have a couple chips here as well, one is SP873 and the other is SP1146, and i'm using an SS7575 reel chip. I obtained these chips from a member awhile back on the old forum, but I 'seem to get either combination to work with the reel chip. If I put in another working board from another machine it will work, but the game is only 2 coin multiplier and the reels don't match the payout. I've tried the chips in known working 10 and 16mhz boards with no luck. Are my chips no good? Anything else I can tryto determin which chip is not working? Also where would I be able to find replacment chips nowadays is there anyone out there that is able to make me a couple? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ chip issues
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »
If I remember Chaos is a Haywire clone. My Haywire has the 873 and 4079 combo. 4079 being 95%. If you want to change that look under the haywire 3cm on the S+ page in the bible. The 873 is a 10mhz. chip and the 1146 is a 16mhz. chip. The 10 mhz. board has a blue wheel on top of it to adjust volume. The 16 does not. I can't find the 7575 SS chip.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 07:01:37 PM »
I'm wondering why the chips I have aren't working, and where I could find a chip that does work

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 07:32:42 PM »
I am no S Plus expert but I believe Chaos is a Haywire type but not a "clone". The 873 should work on the 10mhz board with your SS chip. The 16mhz board is finicky about chip speed. They should be 120ns or faster. I have seen some 150ns SS chips work on them but not always. Here's a link with SP info. Looks like 1274 would be good for a 10mhz board too.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=303.msg847#msg847
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 12:42:43 AM »
Do you have a 10MHz board or a 16MHz board?

FAQ: IGT S+ 10mhz and 16mhz board pictures

For the record, SP7575 is a valid game chip for a 3CM Chaos game (IGT bible link).
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 06:17:37 AM »
Thanks Knagl for catching that. I went back and looked this morning and there it is. I just missed it last night. And RB you're right not a clone. I thought I read that somewhere, my bad. Thanks again guys.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 07:25:39 PM »
i have both 10mhz and 16mhz boards that i can pull from working machines to test with. i have tried the chips in both and they dont seem to do anything, no error codes or anything

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »
Wow you've ruled out the mother board and both MPUs. Got the machine to work with those boards with their original chips but can't put either SPchip or the SSchip in the respective boards and make it work. I don't know if the machine would do anything with a bad reel chip but to think both SPchips are bad seems kinda odd. I can't understand it not giving some kind of error for a chip failure. I'm a little lost on this but would blank chips do nothing if the machine was powered up? Anybody??

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 07:41:12 PM »
thats what im thinking, blank chips, assuming the reel chip is good of course. that would explain it not doing anything when it powers up. all three of the chips i have are ones i was sent by someone, not original igt chips. anyone know where i would be able to pick up a working chip set to get this game going? im thinking i should get a reel chip as well, who knows if the one i have works or not

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 01:59:07 PM »
Contact any of the vendors on the front page -- they either should be able to sell you the chips you need, or point you towards a vendor who can.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 07:54:45 AM »
i have both 10mhz and 16mhz boards that i can pull from working machines to test with. i have tried the chips in both and they dont seem to do anything, no error codes or anything

If you have nothing on the display, check to see if the reels are getting power. They should be stiff with power on if you try to move them. If there not and spin freely as if power is off, then check the power connector on the motherboard.
Good chips, bad chips and no chips should give you something on the display.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal