New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 with 0042 sound SIMM can't adjust volume down  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
S2000 with 0042 sound SIMM can't adjust volume down
« on: September 16, 2016, 04:08:36 PM »
I'm building this S2000 from spare parts and decided I wanted more then legacy sound, so I found a 0042 sound SIMM and board, then installed it. Went thru all the settings and lastly went to turn down volume for game and money, but they both stay the same volume no matter if it a 2 or 10?? The game plays great and I love the new stereo sound, but just too loud.. Now I did this with credits on the machine. Could that be my problem, or do I need to get rid of the credits and key chip the machine?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: S2000 with 0042 sound SIMM can't adjust volume down
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 04:36:21 PM »
Credits on the machine doesn't matter. Last time this happened to me it was a bad amp in the top box

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 04:58:37 PM »
Credits on the machine doesn't matter. Last time this happened to me it was a bad amp in the top box
Is the amp board the same in a I-Game?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 05:00:07 PM »
Yes, they are the same.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 06:15:31 PM »
Check the wiring to the sound board. This has happened before. See this thread from the old site
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=23468.0
Solution is on the first page by urbs reply #11
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 08:35:52 PM »
Thanks Qbert for that link.. I will check the amp jumpers tomorrow.. Funny thing is I know erbs, he lives about 20 miles from me..

Thank again, Gary.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 08:41:05 PM »
These jumper setting don't have anything to do with the fact that some machines only have one speaker working in the standard legacy format, or is that a bad amp board or certain amp boards?
And remember...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 04:42:39 AM »
That harness and those jumpers have everything to do with only one speaker working. On many S2Ks that did not have mm2 boards only one speaker was wired via that same harness. If you have another s2k that stereo works copy the wiring of that harness. I know that also was posted before I will look for the link.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 11:54:49 AM »
I think those jumpers are to set the attenuator settings on the amp. Only having one speaker working is normally because u have a stereo harness and either no multimedia board/simm or sound set to mono in multimedia options. 500 searies boards only have the pre amp for one channel.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:11:56 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 01:01:32 PM »
I think those jumpers are to set the attenuator settings on the amp. Only having one speaker working is normally because u have a starieo harnes and either no multimedia board/simm or sound set to mono in multimedia options. 500 searies boards only have the pre amp for one channel.
I tend to disagree.. Your car stereo or home stereo if switched to mono still has sound coming from all the speakers. The S2000 should be no different. I will double check the jumper settings the next time I have a machine with only one speaker working..
And remember...

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 01:17:52 PM »
They are very different there is 2 different types of harness's in these machines. Some are wired so the top amp both channels are wired off the same pre amp on the mpu. Others the 2 channels on the top amp are ran off 2 different preamps one on mpu one off mmii board.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:13:21 AM by shortrackskater »

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 02:51:29 PM »
I have been out of the shop for a while and thought i would clarify that i mean. Attached is a picture of the 2 types of harnes im talking about. The mono harness has only 4 pin positions populated with right and left input to the amp joind together. The stereo harness has 6 pin positions populated with right and left being independent. If you have a starieo harnes with no mmii board or with the starieo option turned off you wont get sound out of both sides.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:15:27 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 05:29:30 PM »
Thanks for the picture..
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 01:16:36 PM »
Ok I'm back to this machine.. I have the 6 wire plug in the top box. I have the jumpers set as noted in the picture, BUT this machine still won't allow me to adjust the volume of the game or money down to an acceptable level.. I thought I read somewhere that my problem could be cause by the MPU board I'm using. Is it possible that the MPU, or even this Game it's self does not support or allow me to use the MMII Board and 0042 sound Simm? I hate the legacy sound in general, but this being a 2 coin game I was hoping to jazz it up a bit.. Does anyone have any idea what I can try or possible be my problem...

Thank, Gary

PS.. The game is 5 Times pays, 2cn  using I believe the SB100065 Base chip, 363 Stepper Game chips, and Version chip XO for single Denom use..
The MPU is a 504
And remember...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 01:39:02 PM »
Gary,
Did you match the plug on the other end of the harness? Please look again at the link I posted with the pictures of the plug going to the amp board. This is very likely to be your LOUD issue.

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »
With that low numbered SB ship your game is using, you can use a standard 42 sound simm, or just about any sound simm you want!  You are lucky, SB chips with a number that low will allow use of different sound simms, so you can have fun playing with that once you get the volume issue worked out.  :-)

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 02:22:16 PM »
Gary,
Did you match the plug on the other end of the harness? Please look again at the link I posted with the pictures of the plug going to the amp board. This is very likely to be your LOUD issue.

Yes I have addressed that plug. It was setup with #6 and 8 open. Just the colors were different. I changed the wires colors around to match the picture but it made no difference?
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 06:21:01 PM »
I have been out of the shop for a wile and thought i would clarify that i mean. Attached is a picture of the 2 types of harnes im talking about. The mono harnes has only 4 pin positions populated with right and left input to the amp joind together. The starieo harness has 6 pin positions populated with right and left being independent. If you have a starieo harnes with no mmii board or with the starieo option turned off you wont get sound out of both sides.
I have solved my sound problem... This machine had a 6 wire plug in the top box, but I noticed that all my other machines had the 4 pin plug. I swapped out the wiring harness from a different machine, and I'm now able to adjust the game and money volumes... The one thing I did notice is that the menu where you adjust the volume doesn't changes as much as in game use, but as long as the games volumes can be adjusted I'm happy..

Gary
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 07:20:14 PM »

Good Job sticking with it until you found the solution.    :cool_thumb_up:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 08:19:55 PM »
I'm building this S2000 from spare parts and decided I wanted more then legacy sound, so I found a 0042 sound SIMM and board, then installed it. Went thru all the settings and lastly went to turn down volume for game and money, but they both stay the same volume no matter if it a 2 or 10?? The game plays great and I love the new stereo sound, but just too loud.. Now I did this with credits on the machine. Could that be my problem, or do I need to get rid of the credits and key chip the machine?

Gary
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal