New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: STICKY SITUATION IN MY ARROWLINE  (Read 4790 times)

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
STICKY SITUATION IN MY ARROWLINE
« on: May 04, 2016, 08:15:07 AM »
Oh wise ones:

My wife was enjoying playing my Arrow Line while I sat close by.  I noticed the following would repeatedly occur.

1-Play game and reels stop normally
2-Attempt to insert coin to start new game and first coin fall through to the coin tray all of the time
3-Attempt to insert another coin is successful all of the time

My Trouble shooting
1-Took out coin mech.  Nothing looked wrong but I decided that as in most of life's activities a little lube cant be bad.  Lubed up but the same condition persisted. 
2- While the game was not coined I pulled the handle and I did not here the coin lockout coin move.
3-I noticed that the diverter flap that is actuated by the coil seemed to be magnetized and sticks to the frame that the coin mech sits in.

My "fix"  lol

Electrical tape shown in picture to keep the diverter flap from contacting the frame.  It worked perfectly.  However the tape is falling off already.

Has anyone experienced this condition?
Is there a more professional/permanent way to. Please excuse improper part names and the lack of little arrows in the picture.  I never learned how to edit a photo.

Please advise.  Thank you. 

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:43:54 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: STICKY SITUATION IN MY ARROWLINE
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:47:22 AM »
Well this sounds terminal, I guess your going to have to sell me the machine before it totally fails to work..  :nerd: :Tongue_Out:    This is what I would try. These diverters and coin lockouts tend to wear grooves into the back of the steel plates that matches the top of the coil.. Over time if they get back enough they can hang up on the wear mark.. Take it apart and take a file or emery board to the back of the plate and to the top of the coil to smooth them out.. I have also heard of the plates getting magnetized, and Old Reno once said how to correct that problem but I don't remember how..  I would check to see if your problem comes from the wear mark.. That is one of the main reasons the coin diverters buzz..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 03:30:23 PM »
yes they do become magnetized take it off drop it on the concrete about 4 times from For feet up
and the spring is in the wrong location it is not getting enough pull on the Armature I will try to attach a picture sorry I am in the middle of moving going to be a real long two weeks will help you and Daniel as much as possible

the red line on the picture over the groove on the Armature is where the spring belongs when it is all the way against the housing it does not have enough strength to pull it off the coil I have had several do that

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 04:05:17 PM »
after reading again a six pack of beer if the coin reject solenoid is stuck in the corn will not return it is a problem it is not the problem you're having with the coin going through when it is stuck in it will allow you to add another coin it will not reject like it is supposed to so vs the name coin reject solenoid

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 04:13:30 PM »
Thanks all.  I will take the spring off and drop the piece in the garage a couple of times.   I will also check for groves on the coilside.  Since the error is NOT fatal sorry Gary I think I will keep her. 

I will report back to the group perhaps as early as this evening.

Ra

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 06:51:05 PM »
So the first coin drops through the machine into the coin tray, but not on the following coins.
Coin lock out / diverter is not being energized. Could be a set of contacts not making a good connection.
Also the latch switch on the side of the reel mechanism is energized by the fist coin.
This is where I would start as it seem after the latch switch is tripped it works fine.
The odds unit also resets after the first coin, might take a look at the contacts.

Ra, I know your machines are well maintain. On the 809 when the hopper would continue to run, just a good cleaning on the odds reset switch fixed it right up. Either I missed these contacts or it took some triple action cleaning before continuity was re-established. Also did a little tweaking on one of blades in question.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:40:01 PM by DavidLee »

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
Bulls-eye!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 07:59:07 PM »
Thanks to the group once again.  I got home and pulled the coin mech, detached the spring and removed the offending part.  I did everything that everyone said all at once.  The back of the plate had a small 1 inch by 1 inch piece of electrical tape on it.  There were 2 small marks where the coil impacted it.  I added another patch of tape.  Then I took the whole thing into the boiler room and dropped it several time from exactly 4 feet high.  I follow directions well.  I also slid the piece along a demagnetization gadget purchased from junk sellers harbor Freight.

Once re installed, with the spring on the proper place, boy that spring is small, I powered up the game.  The coins were accepted without any problem at all.   That is except a  chatter that could wake the dead.  As I played about 5-10 coins the noise subsided.  I guess the diverter seated itself in the right place. 

All is well and the wife is playing the game as I type.  She claims that she is on a roll.  Sorry Gary the dead game lives again.

Thank you all, and Richard who sent me a regular email with great advice.

Forever grateful
Ra

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 08:11:51 PM »
Ra, glad you got er fixed, I guess I was off on my diagnosis. Have a couple of machines that really buzz sometimes. Next maintenance will take a look at the opposing parts of the coin diverter. As I've tried a few different lubericants none seem to completely stop the buzz.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 08:39:14 PM »
Dave don't forget the electrical tape.  It works wonders on our old EM's.  Thanks again.

Ra

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bulls-eye!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 08:55:20 PM »
All is well and the wife is playing the game as I type.  She claims that she is on a roll.  Sorry Gary the dead game lives again.

Well shoot.. Maybe next time..  :hissyfit:

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 08:59:30 PM »
Lol Gary

I am not a scientist but I do remember when I was a kid going to the gas station with a quarter when the pop machine would not accept it yep flipped it let it hit the ground and the coin mechanism would accept it no need for a fancy demagnetizer the few Metallurgy classes I have had in college you change the molecular structure when you magnetize something when it hits the ground hard it changes the molecular structure

very happy it is working

Gary I will be on my way on the 17th this place clears on the 10th I am off to New Life games to say hi and my mother-in-law's birthday and I will see you all soon in Michigan

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 09:42:00 PM »
Jon,  Have a safe trip and I have a few EM machines here that you might have interest in.

Gary
And remember...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 10:21:22 PM »
Gary I am already interested I am only bringing a few machines everything else has been sold I priced a Penske truck in Colfax where I left $3,300 in Kingman Arizona I get the same truck $1,200 I guess that means everybody is moving out of California I have to go to Bullhead City for my mother-in-law's birthday next Friday I might as well drive another hour and save $2,100 makes me wonder how I ever spent my whole life in this s*******

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 04:07:36 AM »
It's crazy the price difference  :hissyfit:..
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal