New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SAVP dynamic buttons going bad  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Pondus

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Pondus New User has no influence.
  • NLG
SAVP dynamic buttons going bad
« on: April 02, 2020, 09:39:57 AM »
I have 3 buttons on one of my SAVP that's need replacement.... I thing.
They are in 3 different variations of "going dark"
One is only a litter darker in the display, one is half dark and the last one is now so dark that you rarely can see anything at all.

I think this is the reason that I get button panel tilt after a while, especially if i switch between games.

My question is; Is it possible to repair these or do they need to be replaced?

I tried to open one, but didn't want to desolder it before I had a replacement. But I suspect that it will be a nightmare.

Appreciate any thoughts on this

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: SAVP dynamic buttons going bad
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 10:02:59 AM »
You don't get button panel tilts because the displays go dark.  It is most likely loose wiring under the buttons.  You cannot "fix the screens" they need to be replaced.  You can replace just the screen, but I have not found a source for just the screens since they are actually soldered to the control board that also has the leds (in the edge lit ones).  You have to replace the whole pcb with the screen attached.  You can find single buttons on e-bay all the time, and sometimes new ones.  The oled displays on all these machines eventually fade away, so you will be doing this on a regular basis.  The length depends on how your buttons have been treated before you got them.  Also the buttons fade, even if you don't power the machines.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Pondus

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 01:41:54 PM »
Sounds like you have tried to repair them yourselves.

But is the oled panel it selves that fail? I was thinking that it was a capacitor or resistor or something.
I just find it strange the entire led panel is fading so evenly. Or is it only back-lit by a single led maybe???

Offline jakah440

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • jakah440 New User barely matters.jakah440 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 03:17:16 PM »
The OLED panels have limited life span. I have about 20 dead ones if you want them. Free you pay the shipping

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 07:31:53 AM »
All the oled panels on gaming machines eventually go dark.  They are rated for between 33,000 hrs to 50,000 hrs to half brightness depending on how the software sets the contrast level on the button.  Once they start to fade, they fade pretty quickly.  Also the button continues to work, there's just no screen.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Pondus

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 08:04:05 AM »
Well, Thanks for your answers. I've ordered some "new" ones from Ebay.

Would be nice to find replacement oled panels, but i guess it will be a nightmare to swap them

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 08:12:36 AM »
I neglected to mention that oled panels are not backlit, the pixels themselves emit the light, so each pixel has it's own lighting.  All these OLED TV's that you see will eventually fade as well, but since TV's are not on 24 hours a day for years, other things will probably break down before you notice the set getting dimmer.  The screens on avp buttons are part of the pcb board that controls all the other functions of the button as well, and unfortunately, the screens are soldered into it.  On WMS buttons, the screens are replaceable, which makes them somewhat cheaper to fix, but we have just recently found  a source for the screens, after many buttons have been disposed because they didn't light up.

Offline sirius7

• Reputation Power: 26
  • sirius7 New User barely matters.sirius7 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 11:24:44 AM »
Also the buttons fade, even if you don't power the machines.

I wasn't aware of this.  How long until they fade on a machine that is rarely used?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 12:05:06 PM »
Depends on how old the buttons were when you got them.  It is hard to know, because a lot has to do with the hours they have been powered on.  Once power is applied to these things, there's a slow decay process that happens.  I have heard from others that if you keep your panels frozen, they will last longer, but I'm not going to put a button panel in the freezer and still have a wife at the end of the day.

Offline jakah440

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • jakah440 New User barely matters.jakah440 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 02:59:52 PM »
 :rotfl:

Offline Pondus

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 11:11:33 PM »
Maybe I should build a walk-in freezer and put my slots in there? :24:

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2020, 07:01:10 AM »
This sounds like a cold way to play a slot!  :frozen: lol
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal