New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ code 61 not changing to 61-1  (Read 7472 times)

Offline Alan9993

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Alan9993 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ code 61 not changing to 61-1
« on: May 04, 2019, 01:53:12 PM »

This is a used Double Diamond Deluxe, i just got.Hi everybody, changed the battery on board, expected the 61 code to show, the next step is to hold down the setup button next to power switch for up to 5 seconds, then the one will show, no matter how long i hold the switch down, nothing changes. First off the door sensors were removed and they tried to by pass the sensor. I order new ones, how ever, i don't believe that to be the problem. Because the door is open to get the 61-1.
Next, i found the sensor in the bill box door, not making contact. What i did was hold the sensor in and turned on  machine,  61 shows, while holding sensor closed on bill box, i pushed the setup button and held for at least 5 seconds and same thing, just 61. I've done this 20 or so times, changing the set up button from 5-20 seconds. Any ideas on my next step to get the 61-1 on the screen?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ code 61 not changing to 61-1
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 03:14:25 PM »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 04:02:24 PM »
Thank You for replying,  i did see that, the problem is, i can't  get 61-1.  It never displays anything but 61. I'm trying to figure out, what would make it not goto 61-1 with the door open and white button being held down for 5 or more seconds. Its suppose to advance to that. Any suggestions?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 05:01:17 PM »
Trace your wires from the reset key switch. I have seen them unplugged before. Test the switch by jumping with two alligator clips
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 06:23:13 PM »
Your saying, trace from key reset switch?
Isn't that the next step after i get 61-1, you would the turn the key one time. I'm still stuck in pushing the white button next to the power on and off switch. When i do that, I'm suppose to get the 61, to change to 61-1.
What happens is, i hold down the white button, the 61 disappears,  0 lights up for a second in coins played and then the 61 lights up. The candle on too, both lights are flashing from when i power up the machine.

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 07:50:50 PM »
Also, if i turn the key one time. I hear noise in the machine, coins play are blicking 0 and 1, alternating  and spin reels are lit. If i hit spin reels, the coin play is blicking 0 and 2 back and forth. If i hit again, its 0 and 3, when i go up to 0 and 7, the winner paid and credits are all 6's.  If i keep hitting the spin reels, it now changing to all different numbers thru out the screen.

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 08:02:43 PM »
What happens if u turn it off and power it back on?  :Scratch-Head:
Does it go back to [61]?
If so, just press the white button for 3 seconds this time, then let us know if it goes to [61-1] or not.
If not, then check all the wires going to the buttons and make sure nothing is crossed.
If someone messed with the wires to the deck buttons, the MPU doesn't "see" you holding the test button.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 08:14:17 PM »
Yes it does, i never got 61-1 to display, its always 61. If you push and hold the white button down, 61 goes out and 0 lites up for a second in the coins played  and then 61 is lit again in winner paid. I know the brass key for setting up the machine works, because i was cycling thru different things after i turned it once. I would think the white reset button next to the on/off switch works, because when you hold it down  the 61 goes out and the 0 comes on for a second, then 61 is lit.
If that switch didn't work, i wouldn't be getting a zero in coins played for a second.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 08:26:45 PM »
Good time to use a Clear IVC103 chip now.
Run it twice.
Get the junk out of the system.

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 08:32:54 PM »
It also accepts bills too.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 08:33:52 PM »
right now does?

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 08:36:31 PM »
No it doesn't,  i was mentioning that in case i needed something for that too.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019, 08:38:33 PM »
Yeah...a SET chip to re-enable the DBV

By the way... you  soldered the battery in correctly?

Like...the positive is on (+) ? lol

I'm not making fun...I just don't know because you never said why you changed it in the first place.

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 08:43:36 PM »
I did order sensors for the door already, they were removed and somebody tried to jump it out, running a wire around the reels. But that shouldn't effect you with the 61 code, only because the door is open to get the 61-1 code.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 08:48:04 PM »
no...that can screw up things if it isn't done correctly..
Like I said, any mis-wiring can over ride the MPU from "seeing" you pressing the test switch.

Why?
 Because the signal from the incorrect wiring connection was activated BEFORE you  even tried to press the test button.
When you press the test button, you are closing a circuit.

However, there is something wrong with your wiring, maybe a button is stuck or a button switch incorrectly installed on the wrong tang is already  closing a circuit. Therefore, the MPU never even gets a chance to "see" you closing the test button circuit.

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2019, 08:49:58 PM »
Yes, i changed the battery. I did make sure it was in the right position. The machine started out with a code 12, battery.
I just got this machine.  Not to familiar with these machines, i have a ballys mechanical.

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2019, 08:57:00 PM »
Going back to the wiring, the only thing that somebody tried to change was the door sensor, they removed them and tried to run a wire all the way around the cabinet. It was disconnected when i got it. I removed it completely,  i order sensors for it. Like i said before, door is open when your trying to get the 61-1. 

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2019, 08:59:30 PM »
okay...the only known good circuit you have is the Spin buttun because you pressing the Spin button made the display change.Look at the other wiring and see if they're wired the same as the Spin buttun.If not, then there's the possible fault that's closing the circuit to the MPU.
I know I'm contradicting myself but without any clear photos of your wiring, I can't suggest anything else other than a possible [61] "Loop" - meaning stuck bad logic signal in the system.
Only way to clear this is to use the Clear chip.
This is why I'm asking that you carefully look at all the wiring under the deck and see if anything looks different.
Also, check with a multimeter the reset switch to see if it's functioning properly.
I also suspect that whoever did the door optic bypass may be incorrect and also blocking the MPU from seeing you press the test button.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2019, 09:00:41 PM »
yeah...that's what I mean.
Closing the door now won't do a thing because you're not even getting to [61-1]

However, an "open" door should not prevent you from getting to [61-1], something else is "closed"...like a short, or a mis-placed button switch wire connector.

The deck switches have 3 tangs...one is common ground...one is "closed" while the other is "open"
If a wire is on ground and closed, the mpu doesn't see you pressing the test button.
however, for some reason, it sees you hitting the Spin button.
From here, I don't know why other than you need to really inspect the deck button wiring.
I've seen employees connect a hanging wire many times onto the wrong 'Closed" tang and everybody wondering what the heck is wrong with the machine.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 04:29:56 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2019, 09:06:50 PM »
As far as the jump they did on the door, they used the connectors from the sensors, and spliced their wire to it. So there is no splices that I've seen. Everything appears to be connected with the factory connecters.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal