New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pressing Button to Add Credits For Free Play on S-Plus Machines  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Pitts256

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Pressing Button to Add Credits For Free Play on S-Plus Machines
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2024, 09:19:09 AM »
Well I finally got around to working on the S-Plus coin simulator project(s).

I made three prototypes all using a NANO board.

1) Using Darlington transistors
2) Using solid state relays
3) Using mechanical relays

They all worked without issues so the configuration adapts well utilizing different components.

I've attached a build file for the simplest of the three. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Pitts256
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 09:51:30 PM by Pitts256 »

Online twinfire

• Reputation Power: 7
  • twinfire New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2024, 03:38:29 PM »
Great Pitts256, Very nice!  :cool_thumb_up:
… And yes, I have questions.

1.  Does the coin comparitor need to be completely disconnected for this to work, or can it stay connected using something like a Molex Y- splitter cable so you have the ability to still use coins, or choose to use the free play option?

2.  Will the door optics still need to be temporarily disconnected for it to work with the door closed? 

3.  Can you upload pictures of the boards you built so I can get an idea of how the finished product might look and also pics of what it looks like plugged into the machine?

4.  Another request I have would be if you could post a YouTube video of your board in action working in an S-Plus machine would be awesome (I think we all would like to see this).

5.  Is the Nano sketch you provided something that can be copied & pasted directly into the Nano, or does it need tweaking?

I have little experience programming the Nano so I would need the exact sketch that could be directly pasted into the Arduino IDE that would give 80 credits with one press of the button. I realize I would need to change-out the SP731 to SP1137 for it to accept the additional credits. 

Sorry for all the questions, I’m just very excited about this project and getting it implemented on my S-Plus machine.

Thanks again Pitts256, Awesome job!  :thank_you:

Offline Pitts256

• Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2024, 05:13:16 PM »
Great Pitts256, Very nice!  :cool_thumb_up:
… And yes, I have questions.

1.  Does the coin comparitor need to be completely disconnected for this to work, or can it stay connected using something like a Molex Y- splitter cable so you have the ability to still use coins, or choose to use the free play option?
Yes the coin comparitor, coin optics and coin diverter solenoid will be completely disconnected. In fact I've removed the entire assembly from the machine and replaced it with the simulator. A Molex splitter will not work.

2.  Will the door optics still need to be temporarily disconnected for it to work with the door closed?
The door optics will not need to be disconnected. In fact they should remain fully functional as in the original condition. 

3.  Can you upload pictures of the boards you built so I can get an idea of how the finished product might look and also pics of what it looks like plugged into the machine?I've attached three photos, the first prototype board is fully functional with the inhibit function and mini relays, the second with just the Darlington transistors. I also installed a socket on the second board to try some Darlington array chips, which worked well too. And the third photo is the board installed in the machine.

4.  Another request I have would be if you could post a YouTube video of your board in action working in an S-Plus machine would be awesome (I think we all would like to see this).I'll give it a shot.

5.  Is the Nano sketch you provided something that can be copied & pasted directly into the Nano, or does it need tweaking?The sketch must be copied and pasted exactly as shown otherwise you'll get a compiling error. The sketch can be tweaked later if you'd like to experiment with the number of pulses.

I have little experience programming the Nano so I would need the exact sketch that could be directly pasted into the Arduino IDE that would give 80 credits with one press of the button. I realize I would need to change-out the SP731 to SP1137 for it to accept the additional credits.You will need to change to the SP1137 otherwise any pulses more than the game maximum coins permitted to play will result in an error. The sketch is currently set for 3 coin pulses. 

Sorry for all the questions, I’m just very excited about this project and getting it implemented on my S-Plus machine.

Thanks again Pitts256, Awesome job!  :thank_you:

Online twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2024, 09:16:21 PM »
Pitts256, Thanks for the pics, hope the video is soon to come.

The sketch must be copied and pasted exactly as shown otherwise you'll get a compiling error.

I have tried to upload your sketch in the IDE exactly as you wrote it. I simply copied it from the PDF & pasted it in the IDE. Unfortunately I get a compilation error.
Since I’m new to Arduino, I no doubt am doing something wrong, although I have confirmed the Nano is good by uploading some very basic code that works.

Any ideas?

Offline Pitts256

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2024, 04:41:28 AM »
Copy and paste changes the format.

Here's a copy of the sketch for the S-Plus Darlington version.

Online twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2024, 01:23:39 PM »
Hi Pitts256,

I downloaded and opened the zip, clicked on the INO file you provided, hit the verify button and same result, compilation error.

Pics below

Offline Pitts256

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2024, 02:54:43 PM »
Download the Bounce2 library.

Online twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2024, 04:48:16 PM »
Hi again Pitts256,

Downloaded the library and worked like a charm!! Thanks again.

Now I just need to round up your BOM, however you didn’t include the PCB. Which one do you recommend that best suits this project?

Is there a specific vendor you prefer ordering your parts from?

Thanks

Offline Pitts256

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2024, 05:10:54 PM »
The prototype boards off of eBay, the rest from Mouser.

Online twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2024, 06:13:18 PM »
Appreciate all your help Pitts256,

Looking forward to getting this all assembled.

I’ll report back to this thread as I move along with the project.

:yourock:

Online twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2024, 01:51:06 PM »

Hi again Pitts256,

You probably knew this was coming… yes I have more questions  :sillyme: With my inexperience I’m sure you will find my questions amusing.

I realize you are using NANO’S for the simulators, but I’m a little concerned that the schematic you provided shows an Arduino Pro Mini which has a different pinout arrangement than the Nano. I just want to be sure to get the connections correct.

Questions on the schematic:

1.  Is it safe to assume although they are different that the pin numbering 2 through 13 on the mini is equivalent to pins D2 through D13 on the Nano?

2.  The pin terminal “RAW” on the mini I assume is equivalent to pin terminal VIN on the Nano?

The 12 pin Molex connector pinout:

Here is where I need some clarification. Your schematic is indicating terminal 7 is an ORANGE-BLUE wire that connects to Diode D1.

My S-Plus machines both indicate pin 7 is an ORANGE-GREEN wire; however, pin 8 is an ORANGE-BLUE wire, this is true on both machines.

3.  Could you please verify the pin terminal and wire color code that connects to Diode D1?

Chasing the Parts:

This is where I’m having difficulty. One would think that with part numbers it would be a no-brainer to locate parts. Unfortunately, when the part is discontinued, or updated the part numbers change along with the electrical specifications, tolerances etc.

Since I am a complete novice this is where I get lost.                 

I have little experience with these components and with all the different variations, electrical specifications and tolerances of virtually the same component I’m not sure how to recognize a suitable substitution for a particular application.

Pitts256 this is where I need your experience and expertise.

At this point I’m just looking up the parts. The LM7808 shows up outdated, out of stock, or obsolete. From what I have found, the L7808CV seems to be a close equivalent and readily available through Mouser, DigiKey etc.

4.  Do you think the L7808CV would make a good replacement for the LM7808?

According to Mouser, the EL817 is “Non-Stocked” and Lead-Time is 14 Weeks with a minimum purchase of 300 (no thanks).

5.  Will a PC817 work in place of the EL817?

6.  If neither the L7808CV nor the PC817 will satisfy the requirements of this project could you please recommend a substitution that is easily available? 

7.  As for the resistors, ¼ watt ½ watt, or does it matter?

Sorry again Pitts256 for all the questions, I just don’t want to screw this up.

Thank you.

Offline Pitts256

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2024, 09:50:09 PM »

Hi again Pitts256,

You probably knew this was coming… yes I have more questions  :sillyme: With my inexperience I’m sure you will find my questions amusing.

I realize you are using NANO’S for the simulators, but I’m a little concerned that the schematic you provided shows an Arduino Pro Mini which has a different pinout arrangement than the Nano. I just want to be sure to get the connections correct.

Questions on the schematic:

1.  Is it safe to assume although they are different that the pin numbering 2 through 13 on the mini is equivalent to pins D2 through D13 on the Nano? The pins are the same. I've used UNO, NANO, ProMini and Leonardo. Make sure you use the same digital pin numbers, input D2, D3 and output D9, D10, D11.

2.  The pin terminal “RAW” on the mini I assume is equivalent to pin terminal VIN on the Nano? Yes

The 12 pin Molex connector pinout:

Here is where I need some clarification. Your schematic is indicating terminal 7 is an ORANGE-BLUE wire that connects to Diode D1.

My S-Plus machines both indicate pin 7 is an ORANGE-GREEN wire; however, pin 8 is an ORANGE-BLUE wire, this is true on both machines.

3.  Could you please verify the pin terminal and wire color code that connects to Diode D1? The wire to PIN 7 is ORANGE-GREEN. The schematic has been changed. Good catch, thx.

Chasing the Parts:

This is where I’m having difficulty. One would think that with part numbers it would be a no-brainer to locate parts. Unfortunately, when the part is discontinued, or updated the part numbers change along with the electrical specifications, tolerances etc.

Since I am a complete novice this is where I get lost.                 

I have little experience with these components and with all the different variations, electrical specifications and tolerances of virtually the same component I’m not sure how to recognize a suitable substitution for a particular application.

Pitts256 this is where I need your experience and expertise.

At this point I’m just looking up the parts. The LM7808 shows up outdated, out of stock, or obsolete. From what I have found, the L7808CV seems to be a close equivalent and readily available through Mouser, DigiKey etc.

4.  Do you think the L7808CV would make a good replacement for the LM7808? Mouser MC7808CTG will work.

According to Mouser, the EL817 is “Non-Stocked” and Lead-Time is 14 Weeks with a minimum purchase of 300 (no thanks).

5.  Will a PC817 work in place of the EL817?Sure will.

6.  If neither the L7808CV nor the PC817 will satisfy the requirements of this project could you please recommend a substitution that is easily available? 

7.  As for the resistors, ¼ watt ½ watt, or does it matter? ¼ watt

Sorry again Pitts256 for all the questions, I just don’t want to screw this up.No problem.  :cool_thumb_up:

Thank you.

Online twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2024, 10:54:19 AM »
Pitts256, thank you for the clarification, I feel confident now on getting the correct parts ordered.

I will update as things progress.

:thankyou:

Offline Pitts256

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2024, 04:08:54 PM »
Sounds good!

Let me know if ya need more info.

Also I've been beta testing a Darlington array chip that consolidates some parts. I'll put together a schematic and send your way if interested.

-Pitts256

Online twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2024, 02:33:08 AM »
Let me know if ya need more info.

Thanks, I appreciate that immensely.

Pitts256, since you've been creating several different ways to build a better coin simulator, I think you would be very much interested to read about what member ersk3 discovered about the hidden 3pin connector inside the door of the S-Plus machines. Apparently with his research and experimenting he was able to add credits to the machine by simply sending 50ms pulses between the purple and green wire of this mysterious 3pin connector.

Unfortunately, all the pictures and videos he posted are long gone, but you can still make out the basic idea of how it works.

Just for kicks I checked my machines to see if the 3pin connector was there and it is! It is tucked back in the wiring and hard to see/find.

Pitts256, with your knowledge and expertise I’m sure you would be able to very easily figure out how to deliver the 50ms pulses between the purple and green wire. Maybe by using the Nano the pulses could be delivered into the machine more efficiently adding up the credits quicker similar to how the bill validator does it.

Check it out and see what you think, here is the link:  https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=15051.0

Offline LuckyDog

• Reputation Power: 4
  • LuckyDog New User has no influence.
  • Chasin' electrons is so much fun should be a sport
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2024, 08:46:16 AM »
Awesome work ! !

Anyone know if this will work on a PE+ with Superboard?

Offline Pitts256

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2024, 10:48:12 AM »
Yes it will.

The J/P 301 plug configuration is the same.

-Pitts256

Offline LuckyDog

• Reputation Power: 4
  • LuckyDog New User has no influence.
  • Chasin' electrons is so much fun should be a sport
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2024, 11:25:39 AM »
Great !

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Offline Pitts256

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2024, 06:00:20 AM »
How are the projects going?

Online twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2024, 12:35:41 PM »
Hi Pitts256, well, for me I simply got caught up in life. My slots and the project have been put aside for the time being, but do still however plan on implementing the coin simulator as time permits.

The thought of using that 3pin connector for adding credits to the machine is very intriguing since the coin mechanism could stay operational.

Have you given any thought to that?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal