New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: First Bally Game Maker find .  (Read 883 times)

Offline kosmo

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • kosmo New User has no influence.
  • Howdy
First Bally Game Maker find .
« on: January 07, 2024, 09:58:19 AM »
Found this on Facebook marketplace for $30. Stated it would not turn on.  It had a layer of dust all over and inside like had been in storage for a long time.
When I first plugged it in , nothing no lights noises nothing.  The DC power supply was bad. both Florescent tube and both started were bad, 3.6V battery dead .
Someone did the 3 AA conversion but one of the battery's was 0v and the pos lead had come off.
I found a Meanwell dc power supply that was an exact replacement. $25.  Put in some LED T8's and got it up and running to the Clear save ram prompt. (I'm waiting for my clear chip to arrive).
So it has hope :)

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Re: First Bally Game Maker find .
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 11:14:18 AM »
Thats a fantastic find.
You typically only need the set chip to set up denomination, region, BV, etc.
remember, you only get one shot on setup, there is no backing up or editing only one category once you have saved through the step.
These are great games.
I would love to know what games they have loaded in it, do you have a picture of the game board? Can you read the names on the eeproms?
Chris

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 11:16:38 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

Wow, that's a helluva deal!  From the photo the machine looks to be in really good shape and the monitor looks great too.  I found one similar to yours a couple of months ago, but it cost me $550.  It has a new LCD monitor in it though and those cost about what I paid for the entire machine, so I didn't do too bad either.

Offline kosmo

• Howdy
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 06:19:24 PM »
Yes , I did take a picture of the mainboard when I had it out of the machine.
Looks like it has 10 game roms onboard.
Yes, the monitor has minimal screen burn.
A couple of the switches are missing the clear plastic covers.

Games:
Hi Fives
Blackjack
Jackpot7
Tripple Trouble Poker
Let it Ride
Draw Poker
Trip Bla2pig 7  ?
Double Double Poker
Duces Wild
Bonus Poker

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 06:48:45 PM by kosmo »

Offline kosmo

• Howdy
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 12:20:40 PM »
I did order an eprom programmer so I can back up all those roms before I get it all button up.
Just  to be safe.
I cant send PM yet.

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 02:04:58 PM »
Good idea to back up those files, although the eeproms are very stable.
Looking forward to seeing your game running, they sure are fun.
Another note, if you make any changes to the game eeproms you will need to run the set chip again.
However, one things you can do is order another board and when you want to play different games you can swap the entire board without doing any setup changes.

Chris

Offline kosmo

• Howdy
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 06:49:23 AM »
Got my clear chip and setup machine.
The coin acceptor worked fine and was able to play some of the games.
The Bill acceptor need work, it try's to accept but then rejects (suspect is needs cleaned)
The coin hopper would not turn, took it apart and found the motor stick, cleaned all the old grease and reassembled the motor, spin normally now.
The monitor looks and works good.
having a blast restoring this to operation.

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2024, 08:56:24 AM »
Those BV's are sensitive. Lift the front lid and wipe with a damp cloth....just damp with water do not use anything else. I tried all kinds of stuff and in the end wiping the lenses really well with a damp cloth makes the biggest improvement. Have fun, they are great machines.

Offline kosmo

• Howdy
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 09:27:19 AM »
Got everything working, been having a blast.  I use the same $20,$5 and $1 to add credits :).  haven't had it reject any bills so the DV is working good after cleaning.
Not bad for a machine that was non-working and a total mess.  It did have 2 missing switch covers, so I decided to make a few using a 3D resin printer
my friend gave me a year ago.  They came out pretty good.  The original is on the left.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2024, 09:30:10 AM »
Got everything working, been having a blast.  I use the same $20,$5 and $1 to add credits :).  haven't had it reject any bills so the DV is working good after cleaning.
Not bad for a machine that was non-working and a total mess.  It did have 2 missing switch covers, so I decided to make a few using a 3D resin printer
my friend gave me a year ago.  They came out pretty good.  The original is on the left.

Those look great!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2024, 10:50:24 AM »
That's really cool.  I've been looking for a set of new buttons for mine and they're impossible to find.  You can get the small buttons, but the rectangular hold buttons are extinct.

Offline kosmo

• Howdy
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2024, 09:18:06 PM »
Was playing. Slot game and won big. It’s now stuck with a call attendant to pay out $58.50.
Can’t seem to clear the message. The key switch didn’t do it nor the reset button on the mouse.
Any ideas on how the attendant would clear this once they paid the person?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2024, 09:38:17 PM »
I would have thought turning the jackpot reset key should do it.    The manual isn't much help, at least that I've found so far:

"Releasing a Jackpot Lockup

When a win exceeds a configured value, the machine
indicates a jackpot lockup condition by illuminating a
tower light, playing a jackpot melody, displaying a
message across the screen, and suspending further
play. The jackpot condition must be released by an
Attendant or by a system Host."

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2024, 09:48:44 PM »
Maybe you have to turn it more than once to get to the correct menu?

"Audit Keyswitch: When actuated with the Audit Key, it signals the game to respond according to the
state of the machine. It may show Bookkeeping or Diagnostic Meters, the Audit Key menu, or
release a jackpot lockup."

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2024, 10:06:46 PM »
Works like any other. Game in play mode, doors closed, waiting for hand pay etc, turn jackpot reset/attendant key switch.  Then it should be ready to play
Unless the switch is faulty, or a wire is off ..

W

Offline kosmo

• Howdy
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2024, 10:58:53 AM »
Was troubleshooting another problem and had swapped MPU boards.  I guess it will only clear with the key in the original machine.
Go figure.  Thx for the help guys.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2024, 11:35:04 AM »
Glad to hear you got it cleared.
   I recommend testing the audit switch and circuit in the non clearing cabinet.  I have had switches that wouldn't work.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline kosmo

• Howdy
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2024, 10:45:34 AM »
The machine has been working well, except for one remaining issue ( well the backplane is a bit touchy but I can live with that)
When you first turn on the machine the CRT looks pretty good, but as it warms up it get really out of focus.
I removed the CRT and the board looks pretty good, nice and clean an not must heat stress.
I tried replacing that bipolar cap , but it didn't make any difference.
Was thinking of making an extension cable so I can get the CRT on the bench to make the focus adjustment?
Anyone else experienced this?

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2024, 01:45:54 PM »
Focus should be a knob on flyback unless you have a convergence issue that is making the RGB separate and look odd. You are correct, it is difficult to do these settings while in the machine. Try turning the top knob on the flyback a little to the right and see if it gets cleare. If it gets worse it has been turned to far clockwise so you need to go the other way.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal