New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: AVP Forced Progressive question...  (Read 362 times)

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
AVP Forced Progressive question...
« on: January 16, 2024, 02:51:25 PM »
Searched and searched but couldn't locate an answer.  Hope I don't get rapped for this one.  lol

I have an AVP 3.0 that's in multigame.  I've loaded a game in multigame that has a fixed progressive by setting the levels and linking them.  All good.

Is it possible to have more than one game enabled that has a forced progressive?

For example

Magically Wild

and

Whale Song

????

Seems like you can only enter one set of progressive levels and link them to the game so you don't get a progressive tilt.

Is there a way to have both of these enabled at the same time?  Or are you limited to one Forced Progressive being enabled due to the machine config limits?

I "thought" I saw on a post that "some" paytables don't have a forced progressive on some games.  If so, is there a specific way to identify which paytables don't have a forced progressive so it doesn't need all that linking?

Hope this isn't a dumb question!

Thanks!

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
Re: AVP Forced Progressive question...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 03:03:00 PM »
if I understand your question correctly you are asking if you can run and set up more than one forced progressive games on the same machine.   yes. you just have to keep track of which values you put where.  If game a has one progressive level, you fill the amount in then link to that spot.  where you filled in the amount had more spaces below to add other progressive values. Game b would link to the one that you set for it.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline sccarlso

• sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 03:45:00 PM »
Yep, That was my thinking.   

I was thinking one game uses levels 1-3.  Set the values and link the first game level 1 > 1  level 2 > 2 and level 3 > 3 so it satisfies the link requirement for that game.

But, for the second game, it can't link to levels 1-3 as they're different, set for the first game.   So I was thinking of putting in the progressive levels for game 2's values for level 1 and 2, into level 4 and 5 on the machine which are unused and all zero values.   Then for the second game, link level 1 > 4, and 2 > 5.  But wasn't sure if the game would care about the actual level number it's linked to on the machine itself, as long as the values matched.

If that will work, then I'm just missing a level somewhere.

I wish there was an easier way to tell exactly WHAT game is missing something when you get a progressive tilt for a base level or something.  I can't find any way to identify it.  Even in the logs it shows the progressive tilt, but gee thanks!  It doesn't indicate what game number is tilting or indicate this anywhere I can find.  The design just assumes you are always single game so it isn't helpful at all with multigame.

Will give it another go.

Thanks!

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 03:47:21 PM »
you can post here or pm me, or email me which 2 games you are trying to set up, and I'll see if I can test them. I just noticed you put the names in your original post

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 03:51:26 PM »
I found the easiest way of doing it is just to have different ones for each game.  Game 1 with 3 progressive levels gets set up as 1, 2, &3.  Game 2 with 2 progressives levels gets 4 & 5.  Game 3 with 4 progressives gets 6,7,8, & 9, etc.  Then just link them to the correct level.  Some games are clones and have the same progressive formulas.  For those you can link them so they both use the same levels or create different ones if you want them to have their own separate progressive amounts. 

Since you thought your were going to get rapped, I don't want to be disappointed.  So here ya are  :fryingpan: :fryingpan:   :24: 

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 04:40:44 PM »
I tested them.  the problem is on Magically wild, the contribution levels are too low. change the percentages to 1.5, 1.5 and 2% then try. I'll post pictures from my phone  I have them working now

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 04:59:01 PM by a69mopar »

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 04:47:42 PM »
I'll post more in a sec

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024, 04:49:46 PM »
Here is how I set mine. Set for $1 denom on mine

W

Offline sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2024, 05:00:57 PM »
Interesting!  I had set Magically Wild up before no prob.

This time, only that one.  I set the table values correctly, no others.  And now it tiles with Level 1 Progressive contribution not met.  Argh  .  Only $1 denom, it's linked, and matches the table for all 3 levels.  lol

Thanks!  I'll try increasing as you advised!!!

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2024, 11:37:40 AM »
Did you manage to solve your problem?
Thanks,
Wayne

Offline sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2024, 02:09:37 PM »
It's alive!!!   lol

It did take some fanagling.  Maybe it just didn't like me! 

At least Whale Song actually tells you the game name when it has a progressive tilt.   Magically Wild doesn't for some reason!

The issue was multidenom!  I had to check the PSR, as I was sure Magically Wild was multidenom.   But no, the PSR listed single denom!  Meh.

I started by putting 1 and 2 in for Whale Song, then 3-5 for Magically Wild.  I enabled multi denom, .01 .5 .25 1.00 and 5.00 on Whale Song.  And I put 5.00 for Magically Wild.  I must have just tapped the 5.00 and not realized that it listed "select one only"!  So thought it was multi denom.  And I linked every denom in Whale song, and $5.00 in Magically Wild.  Everything displayed (linked) by each amount.

Progressive tilt on both!  Bah.  So went back and rechecked.  Then removed the denoms on both and set each for only $1.00 denom.  Linked them in the tables as before.

No tilt!!!   Went back in and one by one, added a new denom and linked in in whale song, then checked, all good!  no tilt.  BUT!!!  I had .01 .5 .25 1.00 set and ok in Whale Song, but when I enabled $5.00 in it.  That did a progressive tilt!  So something about the $5 denom would tilt Whale Song.  Not sure why, perhaps it exceeds some max value elsewhere on the machine settings.  But no big deal, removed the $5 denom from Whale Song and good again, no tilt.

Went to do the same in Magically Wild, and that's where I went "hey, it's only single denom!"  lol   

But no complaints!  Magically Wild doesn't tilt now either!

So yep!  That method works!  any level can be mapped if you have several forced progressive games by just filling the levels and as long as you map it properly it works. 

I would have liked to add Black Orchid as well. But looking at the tables, the values are totally confusing!   Do you know how these values would go in if it was just one denomination?  I think if I could set a single demonination on it, like $1, that would be great.  I can try multi, but I think if I just got one denom correct I could figure out the rest, or just stick with single.  But even setting one denom with this table isn't that clear.

If you have any insight on proper values for Black Orchid per the table here, that would be really helpful!

Thanks for the help!   No more tilts!  For now.  lol

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2024, 02:22:39 PM »
My notes for Black Orchid indicate that they were self setting progressives.  Game software version was GI014-005N01-B10.

Offline sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2024, 02:30:33 PM »
Same ID I have. 

Will give it a go!  If it just runs without the added setup, Great!

Thanks again!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal