New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: American Coin Enterprise Keno Machine  (Read 5446 times)

Offline vette6048

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • vette6048 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
American Coin Enterprise Keno Machine
« on: March 16, 2014, 09:12:42 PM »
I have a Keno machine made by American Coin Enterprise. Machine worked fine for the longest time. My problem now with the machine is when I turn it on the breaker that reads Computer trips and I get no picture. I shut the machine off reset the breaker and when I turn it on it trips the breaker again. The breaker reads 8.5V and 5A. What should I check to see what is causing the breaker to trip when I turn it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Crash0

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Crash0 New User barely matters.Crash0 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: American Coin Enterprise Keno Machine
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 09:48:42 PM »
From what I know of breakers, they usually only pop from a short or a surge. Might want to look for any wires that might have become exposed, or possible board(s) grounding out. May even disconnect power from the game and measure the output. That's just off the top of my head, since I don't know anything about that particular machine, but have some experience in electronics.
Hope this helps a little, if not I'm sure someone here will be able to shed more light on the problem.
AD/HD Highwa....Oh hey look squirrel!!

Offline dhellis

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 11:06:10 PM »
I have seen defective circuit breakers but that is pretty. At this point all you can really do is to start eliminating
possible causes. I would start by disconnecting power to the monitor. If the breaker still pops then disconnect
something else. If the breaker holds with the monitor disconnected then you know that the problem is located
somewhere on that board. Could be shorted diodes, shorted horizontal output transistor or even a regulator. Crash0
also mentioned exposed wires or boards that have grounded out and part of your disconnecting items would show
that it is a board or located on one board in particular.

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 11:33:05 PM »
Pictures would help. I'm currently trying to figure out a Keno machine, brand unknown, with video problems.
If yours looks like mine, perhaps I can help. Here's a pic of the thing I'm stuck on.
 :Please_Post_Pictures_2:

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 06:38:00 AM »
I will disconnect the monitor and power the machine on and see what happens. I appreciate all the help and maybe I can get lucky and get it back to working order!!

Offline Lizzo54

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Lizzo54 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 07:22:35 AM »
Have you moved the machine around just prior to this happening?  After moving a machine, its always best to go thru it all prior to powering it on.  I had a similar issue with a wms 550 that kept blowing the power supply fuse, turned out a nickel slipped behind the back-plain and bridged two contact points. 

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 08:24:44 PM »
I disconnected the power from the monitor and when I turn the machine I still trip the breaker. I have not moved the machine around at all. Any other suggestions?

Offline dhellis

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 09:12:35 PM »
My guess at this point, and should have been our first guess is the power supply. The power supply is one of
the most common failures of any electronic component

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 10:48:06 PM »
Probably...; but it would help to know how many other breakers it has, and what they are marked.
And whether it's the power supply or the CRT or the door hinges, it will be a whole lot easier to help if
we knew more about the machine. It's an uncommon piece, and as far as I can tell has never been
discussed in detail on this or any other forum. Indeed, American Coin actually built very few, if any, machines:
they were a distributor who put their name on other manufacturers' products, and rebuilt purchased machines
with their own "guts," to various levels. Therefore, what you have may actually be something like a Bally, original or modified by ACE.

Please, please post photos, inside and out, in as much detail as you can.
It will not only help us to help you, but it will add to our own knowledge and the archives of this site.

Offline Lizzo54

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Lizzo54 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »
I cant agree more, please post some pictures.   How many connectors are coming from the PS?  Have you treid unplugging everything from the PS then powering on?

I assume when you use the term breaker you are referring to the machine itself and not the main House electrical panel correct?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal