New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I need advice on Bally S5500  (Read 11718 times)

Offline Bluefish11

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Bluefish11 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: I need advice on Bally S5500
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2018, 08:08:29 PM »
Wow thanks again for everyones input.
So I got my board back, trying to do a clear but I'm not getting any display on the door.
The red light is flashing by the rest button.
And some clicking noise on the back of the door, it's like a part of the bill acceptor. I took a picture.
I tried the clear steps several times holding the buttons in.
The jumper wes on both prongs when I looked, and there's another one the same way is that right?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 05:34:08 AM »
Your power supply is probably bad.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 06:57:40 AM »
Very common problem with those Bally 5500/6000 machines. It’s the silver color metal box mounted back behind the hopper.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »
Ok,
Can I purchase a power supply form anyone here?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2018, 06:02:02 PM »
There is a sticky at NLG under S5500 on how to repair yours for under $20.

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2018, 06:12:49 PM »
Ok , well I changed the power supply it didn't work so I put the old one back and tried to clear and it worked!!
The lights on the buttons are flashing and the top light is flashing.
I haven't tried it yet but it has 83 f on the win paid can anyone tell me what that means?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:25:24 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2018, 06:27:36 PM »
Bluefish11 - the last message you posted (the one just above this one) was posted in some other unrelated discussion thread, not this one. I've moved it here for you to your discussion thread.

Please be careful, this is your discussion thread (below) where you should post messages about problems your Bally S5500 has:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=14697.msg78805#msg78805

The Bally error message/code "83F" means the mpu board cmos ram (what Bally calls SafeRam) needs to be cleared. Your machine does this after the battery goes dead and you replace it. You will need to do a SafeRam Clear process.

EDIT - these instructions do not apply to this machine
The SafeRam Clear instructions are attached below. I think there is another easier way to do a Clear, it involves having some newer chips on your mpu board that are called "Leave-In Mains" chips. With these you don't have to remove and replace chips every time you need to do a Clear ram procedure. If your mpu board already has these 'Leave-In" mains chips then you can do the easier Clear ram procedure. You can post a photo of your mpu board and maybe someone here can tell you more about that.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:22:15 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2018, 07:38:10 PM »
Ok ,
Sorry for the post in the wrong thread.
Thank you the 83 f information.
I appreciate everyone's help.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2018, 07:44:11 PM »
That's ok, it takes a little time to get familiar with the site. We can usually fix boo-boo's like that, but it's better if you post in the right place to begin with.

Your Diamond Line machine may be really close to working, just need to do the Clear ram process. When the battery died that let the cmos ram data get corrupted and turn into junk. Now that the battery is good the machine needs that cmos ram to be initialized (formatted) so the mpu can use it. When the machine powers up one of the things it checks is if the cmos ram is ok or is it corrupted.

Since this Diamond Line machine woke-up after you removed and then reinstalled the original power supply there may have been a flaky connection. If the other power supply you tried was from the Blazing 7's machine and it didn't work in this machine then that power supply might be bad.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2018, 07:47:25 PM »
The 6000 needs Safe RAM clear chips, or "easy clear" as they are called because they stay with the board.
You have a S5500 which requires a jumper be set to clear. see attached.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2018, 07:48:32 PM »
Thanks - that's what he needs to do then.

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2018, 09:26:19 PM »
I did another clear, I don't think I held the buttons on the board long enough. So this time I got to the 50 code for the door opened. Now I have a 5.4. in the win paid window and 0 for the coin in and 0 for the credit. Is it ready to play?
Can anyone tell me what the 5.4. in the win paid window mean?
Thank you

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2018, 09:40:24 PM »
50 is door open, the game is ready to play when the door is closed.
54 is bill validator door open on the side of the machine or bill stacker is not present or someone tried to bypass those two switches and botched the job.

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2018, 10:14:59 PM »
Your right it's been tampered with!
Now what?
Can I buy another bill acceptor?
Can I use this one?

(edit to remove duplicate photo)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:13:14 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2018, 09:02:55 AM »
The red connectors looks like someone removed something on the bill acceptor.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2018, 09:22:04 AM »
Those red things are splices. Someone may have replaced a connector or repaired the wiring harness because it was damaged. They used splices to connect the wires together. You can see that the same color wire goes into each end of the splice. Inside the splice the wires are connected together, the red covering is plastic so that it insulates the wires, don't want them touching metal chassis ground or other wires. So that not be the cause of the error message you are getting.

The slot machine has a place to store paper money. It is usually below or to the side of the bill acceptor and it will be in a sturdy metal compartment for security reasons. That cash storage compartment or cash can will have one or two switches that tell the machine if the cash storage compartment has been opened or removed. The security switches often cause nuisance problems for home owners so they bypass them. To do this they remove the 2 wires from the security switch and twist the wires together. You may need to find your cash storage box security switches and see how they look.

Does the bill validator power up and you can hear its motor initializing when the machine is turned on? What happens when you insert a bill? Does it pull it in and then a few seconds later spits it back out, or does it not even pull the bill in?

The bill validator is a DBV-145. That's an older model, it won't work with most bills we use now because they have been redesigned over the past several years. The exception to this is the $1 bill. Inside the DBV-145 is an eprom that has the software for it to recognize paper money. The DBV-145 also has some dipswitches, they can be set to disable individual bill denominations from getting accepted. If the DBV-145 seems to power up and sounds like it is working but it does not accept a $1 bill it may be because it has been disabled by the dipswitch setting. Could be something to check.

The top of the DBV-145 opens so you can clean the optic sensors inside. You just move that bracket handle out of the way and lift the top of the DBV-145 upward, it is hinged on one side.

If you want to upgrade to a better bill validator the lowest cost would be to remove the DBV-145 and install a DBV-200. There are different versions of DBV depending on what machine they go into, so you would need a Bally version of DBV-200. Or if you decide that this DBV-145 is not working you can get another DBV-145 that has been verified working, but for the price difference I'd get a DBV-200.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:46:46 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2018, 09:46:52 AM »
I can provide a DBV 200 IDO 44/45 with the "latest" software that will take the new $20 bills.
Did close and lock the side BV door, was there a bill stacker in that hole also?
The 54 code could indicate the security switches have not been bypassed.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2018, 10:03:21 AM »
I would open the door on the handle side of the cabinet and see if the machine still has the bill stacker, or is it empty? If it’s empty then did someone by pass the switches. More pictures would be helpful..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2018, 10:45:59 AM »
I'm not sure what a bill stacker looks like but I think it's missing.
The bill acceptor motor turns but not when I put a bill in,
The green light on it doesn't come on. It says inset bill face up when lit green.

(edit to brighten photo so we can see details better)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:43:12 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2018, 10:56:33 AM »
Well hell I just realized I don't have an key for this unit.
Can I go to a locksmith and get a key or will I need him to stop by to open this door?
What's this other key switch?  There's wires connected to the back of it.

(edit to brighten your photo. The photos you are posting are too dark.
Please turn on your camera flash, or every light in the room).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:54:35 PM by rokgpsman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal