New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1090 coin lockout coil questions.  (Read 540 times)

Offline Hearse

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Hearse New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 1090 coin lockout coil questions.
« on: September 01, 2019, 10:57:28 PM »
First and foremost I just set up my paypal and in a few days I will make a small donation here because you all have been very helpful with my Foxy's firehouse machine and the lights and starters on this Bally 1090 which is my dad's machine.
I have a couple questions for you all. My father has this older Bally 1090 and we just put new starters in it and new fluro sticks and they seem to all be working now , the square transformers still feel a bit warm to me though, warmer than my Foxy's machine runs but his is also in the garage.
 His coin lockout coil is pulled in, and the coins are going straight to the tray below. I was reading several topics and posts from here on that issue and I'm not entirely lost on this problem but not familiar with this stuff either. I can do a frame off restoration on any vehicle but I'm new to slots lol.
Why or what would cause his coin lockout coil to not let go ? it stays pulled in, it seems like its running hot too, how hot is that little coil supposed to get? if I hit the coin switch on the door it says coin accepted and will let the handle pull. What would cause that lockout coil to not let go and let coins go into the hopper? up top on the glass, it seems like it's stuck on the 2nd coin in light, it only takes one or two quarters. Thantsk you in advance for any thoughts or suggestions on this.

Offline Hearse

• NLG
Re: Bally 1090 coin lockout coil questions.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 11:08:28 PM »
Here is a pic of the coil

Offline Hearse

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 11:14:51 PM »
Also what is that 2 wire switch on the right of the reels on the cabinet? what does that switch do?

Offline wjpelka

• Reputation Power: 7
  • wjpelka New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 06:49:25 AM »
I have a 1090-10 $1 3 reel 3 coin Bally Machine. My problem was a burnt coil on the Step Up Coil Assembly.

I had problems with my machine advancing the coin input. It was a bad coil up top. There are relays behind the upper glass and lamp assembly. There is a coil that, when energized, will advance a wheel and when it gets to the 3rd coin it is reset by another coil. That coil is closest to the center of the machine and right in your face. It stokes when the coin wire is triggered. when it hits your max, it causes the lower coil, on the Step Up Unit Assembly, to stroke and reset. Initially with the power off play with it and see what it does. Then you can put power to it and with the glass off and the lamp assembly tilted forward, watch and see where it hangs up. you can check my posts and see what I said was going on and the fix.

I believe that once you fix this it will unlock the coil and allow the coins to fall into the hopper...

The switch that is on the side of the machine, under the pivot point of the arm, is used to reset when a big jackpot is reached. The key resets it. A forum member, Amechanic,  told me that operating the coin drop wire with the door open will reset that when you pull the arm. I don't have the key for my switch, so that will be what I have to do.

Good Luck...

Offline Hearse

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 02:23:34 PM »
Interesting , I'm going to have to read this about 15 times lol. I'm heading back to my dad's house this afternoon so I will have a look at what you are talking about up top behind the swing part. I looked behind the pivot portion up top yesterday just to have a glance. I will report back later this afternoon once i get to his house. Thank you sir for the information I will absorb it over the next hour.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 07:02:01 PM »

Hearse,

Your first photo shows a diverter coil.  The coin lockout is located behind the coin mech.  The diverter makes the coins go into the hopper or drop bucket.  If the coins are going to the payout tray then you need to look towards the coin lockout and back to the switched.

If you want to test the coil in the photo #1.  All you need to do is depress the hopper bowl on the far right side.  This will simulate a full hopper and it should release.

Offline Hearse

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 09:57:14 PM »
I finally made it over to my dad's house tonight, I pulled the top glass out and looked at the wheel and the two switches, they at least to me seem to function properly, which means they made noise when I put two coins in lol. I also checked the hopper switch , I pushed down on the hopper, the switch made the connection and the coin mech works now, my dad only had about 4 dollars worth of quarters in it, maybe 6. So you were right, the hopper switch thingy fixed it. We are going to fill it up with some quarters tomorrow or the day after and put it on a stand. Once it did mess up during the play tonight, I pulled the handle down and the first reel didnt move it was stuck but the other two functioned properly. After that little issue it seemed to play well.
We are going to make a donation to the site in the next few days as a thank you for this site being up. Thank you for teaching me something about the hopper switch by the way I appreciate the lesson =)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal