New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally S-6000 Won't accept Bills or play credits.  (Read 2503 times)

Offline JethroP

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • JethroP New User has no influence.
Bally S-6000 Won't accept Bills or play credits.
« on: November 15, 2020, 01:59:58 PM »

Have a Bally S6000 with MEI bill acceptor.  Turn game on and MEI cycles and then the LED flashes green on bill acceptor.  Door open shows code 50.  When I close the door the code 50 clears.  Display shows 1 credit but I can't play it.  Game frozen.  Can't add any bills either because the bill acceptor bezel is not lit, showing ready to accept a bill.

I pressed the print voucher but nothing happens.  Is the machine waiting to print something it can't?

I initially thought my problem was the bill acceptor not working.  Maybe something else is wrong?  A setting I mistakenly changed?

Offline pbwizard25

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Bally S-6000 Won't accept Bills or play credits.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 03:37:09 PM »
I would suggest that you do a complete clear and see if it works without changing any settings. By using the default settings it should work until you try to cash out. If it works clear again and then set 11d settings. Scott

Offline JethroP

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 07:10:08 PM »
How do I do a complete clear?  Do I need special chips?

Offline pbwizard25

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 05:25:54 AM »
If you have leave in clears no , if you don't have them then yes.

Offline JethroP

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 08:26:32 AM »
I don't know what clears are.  I'm new at this.  Hope you don't mind helping me through this.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 08:37:28 AM »
Sent you a pm explaining the chips,  if you are using a printer, I think you need a certain set of mains, I don't think the leave in mains will work with a printer. This is what I have been told, PLEASE, anyone who is sure of this please post, and let us know.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline JethroP

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 11:24:15 AM »
Here is a pic of my board.  Are these the mains?  Can I do a complete clear as recommended using these?  If so, do I just change dip switches?  I am new and never done this.  Thank you.

Offline pbwizard25

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 03:04:09 PM »
Jim, you are correct and I missed the printer part. You must have main that support a printer to set up a printer and another set to clear it. Chips 28 & 43 are your mains. Purchase a set of leave in clears and do a complete clear . Leave your leave in clears in and see if it works on default settings. Check your dip switches to make sure they are set correct too before you clear. You can download the bally 6000 manual here if you are a paying subscriber. 

Offline JethroP

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 06:04:02 PM »
Sounds to me that "leave in clears" take the place of my existing U28 and U43?  I remove 28 and 43  and replace with "leave in clears" permanently, or just while I am clearing the board memory, then remove them and reinstall my U28 and U43?  So if I want to use my printer, I need a set of leave in mains with printer support? 

Offline pbwizard25

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 05:27:33 AM »
If you want to use a printer you can't use leave in clears. You must use mains with printer support. But you can test machine without printer with leave in clears and try to figure out your issue.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 07:30:25 AM »
Someone can verify this, If you want to use the printer, you will need the Printer Support  main chips as mentioned and the  removable mains.  After the clear you will have to change a setting to apply the printer for payment as the default after a clear is payment from coin hopper .

Offline pbwizard25

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 05:46:10 PM »
Tim you are correct. Just wanted him to see if it will even work first before setting up printer. If settings are bad causing the issue then it would be known by using default settings. This suggestion is just a test to see if it works and you can’t cash out unless it has a hopper installed.

Offline JethroP

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 06:14:35 PM »
I do not have a hopper installed.  The game was set up for credit pay.  I was trying to make menu changes to print vouchers because it has a printer and paper, but that didn't work.  Then seemed like other things weren't working right, and now nothing seems to be working.  I wonder if I just need to make some program changes to get things working.  I have yet to buy the clear ram chips.  I just want to sell this and not put a lot of money into getting it working, but I suppose it's worth more working than not working.  Too complicated for me.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2020, 07:30:10 PM »
Scott. OK I see now. Great way to troubleshoot! I didn't think of that.  Thanks!!

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2020, 07:36:16 PM »
He has 2004 mains. What year did the leave in clear mains start?

Offline pbwizard25

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2020, 05:51:41 AM »

Offline JethroP

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2020, 10:35:16 AM »
How do I know if I already have stay in mains?
Also, I turned on the game this morning to see if by change anything changed...and now I get a reel initialization 40 error code.  More reason to do a RAM clear, or is something else going wrong?

Offline JethroP

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2020, 02:13:56 PM »
Well, more news...I turned the machine on a little while ago and now I have error code 99.  What should I do?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2020, 06:36:29 PM »
You could check to see if you have "leave in mains" by going to dip SW1 and on that dip switch, flip switch #8 to the opposite direction, then press and hold the Psuedo and Test button and keep holding as you turn on the power and keep holding and watch the display to se if it shows "CLC".  If not, you need to get a set of clear chips and do this same procedure.

Offline JethroP

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2020, 06:46:15 PM »
Thank you Sunrise Side.  I tried that.  Didn't work.  So I'll probably buy a set of clear chips, but I'm wondering if I'm throwing good money after bad. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal