New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E2000 2090 will not perform tests  (Read 755 times)

Offline olddusseldorf

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • olddusseldorf New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally E2000 2090 will not perform tests
« on: November 28, 2020, 09:13:03 PM »
I picked this up 2 years years ago, put it in its permanent place and have now started working on it. Turning on the machine, the lights come on, some solenoids cycle but thats it. The TEST and RESET buttons do nothing. The insert coin lamp is never lit and the door open light is never on.
I have all the manuals and have studied them.
Things I have done.

Installed the LED code display because it was missing.

Changed out the hopper control board with a new replacement. There was some burnt traces and cracked diodes (CR11&CR12).

Checked for proper voltage at power supply board, sound board, all fuses are good.

Changed battery on MPU board to LiIon. (Is a battery really necessary?)

Removed, cleaned and reinstalled all removable chips from all boards.

Checked all switches with meter.

I have re-soldered most of the board connection to rule out bad joints and cracks.

Been through every inch of this machine and everything that i have done has not changed a thing.

Some questions;

How come the door light is never lit. Does it think its opened or closed? Is this why it wont TEST or RESET? I have played with the connections at the switch.....no change. I have read that there are 2 switches for the door......I only see the one.

How does the solenoid at the door lock cylinder work?

Error code seem to change whenever the machine is powered on. 

TEST or RESET does nothing.
Any input would be highly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jeremy

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally E2000 2090 will not perform tests
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 12:02:24 AM »
Have you checked the condition of the ribbon cable that connects the IO board to the MPU for any broken pins. They break off if bent. It’s possible that if it’s good that it has been installed reversed at one end. I don’t remember what side the red edge wire faces. I had a pic at one time, umm have to check my phone. One of the other major problems come from loose header plugs crimp connectors. Lastly remove the power supply and check the condition of the solder joints for that header pins. There is also a jumper wire that can be installed on the power supply. One last thing to try, is to wiggle the white plug on the power supply with the power on to see if the door display changes.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline olddusseldorf

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 08:27:21 AM »
Ive read these forums up and down and have done every that is listed that can cause problems with these machines!

But still no change!

So I'm thinking I have a problem with one of the boards, namely the I/O board.

Who do I get into contact with to get the boards checked?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 09:39:58 AM »
klar.slotrepair@gmail.com fixes them
Try this first.

Remove R40 and on the CA3081 IC jumper pin 13 to pin 5.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline olddusseldorf

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 01:22:08 PM »
This is on the I/O board?

Will try.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 02:42:31 PM »
No, on the computer board.

Offline olddusseldorf

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 07:31:25 PM »
Okay, ribbon cables are good and clean but the one off the buffer board to the sound board is missing one pin.....but the sound board does test and makes the cool sounds so Im not worried about that now.

Ive made the modifications that were shown and now when powered ON the door light lit (hitting the switch did not turn it off) and insert coin, coin accepted, winner paid, and tilt light lit.  0.....0 was shown in the display. When I pressed the RESET button those lights went out and  0......26 is now in the display and the machine is unresponsive again.  Turning it off and on now changes nothing.

Ive looked closely at all the connector pin.....even slide testing them with male pins from the old hopper board, all are tight. None are burnt or look overheated, same for the Molex plugs

One thing that was odd......I disconnected the fan at one time and when I plugged it back in some of the solenoids cycled (handle lockout) and the door buzzer turned on. Some sort of clue?

Offline olddusseldorf

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 07:17:20 PM »
So I applied my skills as an Auto Tech and made sure I have proper grounds and voltage at the at the J connectors on the Sound Board, MPU board, I/O board and P/S board. They are 9.4v, 5v, and 7.4v. All boards have a good ground.

The TEST and RESET switches work as I can see them change at the MPU board when pushing them.

To me, the I/O or MPU boards are not functioning.........

Any input?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 07:45:41 PM »
Did you do the low voltage detect modification I suggested for the MPU board?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 08:07:34 PM »
Did you do the low voltage detect modification I suggested for the MPU board?

Alan. He mentioned in Reply 6, second paragraph that he did the Mod.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline olddusseldorf

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 08:20:36 PM »
I made the modifications.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2020, 07:10:12 AM »
There is a door switch on the lower door hinge.
If it is stuck the machine won’t see the door open and allow the test and reset buttons to function properly.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline olddusseldorf

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 09:28:39 AM »
So this evening I will check all wiring out from the I/O board looking for shorts and proper switch function.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal