New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 6000 with 23 error displayed - coinless - No life from wba  (Read 861 times)

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
6000 with 23 error displayed - coinless - No life from wba
« on: January 06, 2021, 09:18:04 PM »
Making some progress on this machine.  I get an error 23, Coin not sensed, and its persistent.  After the clear, I set the machine up to be coinless, because there is no comparator or hopper just a wba bv.

On the main board I set the dipswitches to:
DS1 - all in off position
DS2:
1-4 off
5 on
6 off
7&8 on.

I havent messed with DS3 but here is what they are set at:
1 on
2 off
3,4,5 on
6,7,8 are off

The programming on the machine was set up using the Bally set up sheet for hopper less machines.  The coin mech switch on the main mpu tray is up. The BV has no life to it meaning when I power up the machine the bv doesn't cycle.  I can remove the bv transport and power the machine on and still get a code 23 and no other codes with door closed.  I did a search and found a few examples of other people having this error but found no "cure".

Any ideas?  Is there supposed to be a jumper plug in place of the comparator like with IGT machines?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 08:14:56 PM by ThirdGenAmusement »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: 6000 with 23 error displayed - coinless - No life from wba
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 06:34:52 AM »
6000 does not need a jumper on the comparitor harness . Do you have another known working  WBA you can swap in?

• ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 06:44:50 AM »
Unfortunately no.  Not for a Bally anyways.  I have one for an IGT S+.  Might have one for a S2000 late today.

I still get the 23 error without the WBA in.  So I would think its something else.  No new errors were displayed with or without the wba.

I am curious, it seems I have read that if you change the dip switch settings you need to do a clear.  Is this correct?  Might be part of my problem since I changed the denom and turned the wba on and dipswitch 8(No diverter optic present) on DP2 to on after the clear.

If changing the dipswitches after the clear could be a problem, I can just do the clear using the test/pseudo coin button or will I need new ez clear chips?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 04:23:09 PM »
Yes you have to do a clear after a dip switch change

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 04:58:40 PM »
Thank you Sunrise Side!  I figured out by having switches 1 - 4 off, there was no demonization set so I did change that to .25 which is what the game is.

I then did the reset and the error 23 is gone!  Woohoo.  But now I get an error 31(Hopper coin-out jam) lol.  Its something different anyways!

So, this is a coinless game so no hopper.  Is it possible I need a jumper for the the jack the hopper would plug into?

Also, the WBA still doesn't cycle however I get the red circle with the dash through it on the door now.  I have a wba in a s+ machine I know that works.  Are they compatible?   swap the one from the S+ to the Bally for test purposes?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 06:01:19 PM »
After you do a clear go into 11d and change option 61 to  2, and  81 to 0.   If the both WBA's have EPROM's you can swap the chips and then swap the units. If one or both are flashed you can not swap .

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 08:12:14 PM »
Woohoo!  Made the changes you mentioned and BAM NO errors!  My other WBA bv happened to be a 13ss also so I swapped the eproms and BAM all is well!  Just need to get another bv for this machine, get it cleaned up and all is well!  Thanks for all your help!!   :cheers:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal