New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally S6000 Coin Comparitor / Coin Optic Board Issue  (Read 1589 times)

Offline ScottWA

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ScottWA New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally S6000 Coin Comparitor / Coin Optic Board Issue
« on: February 07, 2021, 12:13:18 AM »
Hello All,

I have recently taken on the project of repairing my mother’s Bally S6000 Slot Machine. I am new to the world but have done a lot of research recently so I have a base line knowledge of the parts and lingo.

Anyways, recently I had the battery replaced because it was causing error codes (by a service person). Now there are no longer error codes but I am still dealing with a few issues.

Currently whenever a coin is input, it gets diverted back down to the tray. When I inspect the Coin comparitor (Coin Mech CC-40) and the Coin Optic Board (Bally AS-3356-303) I see the Coin optic board has a lit Amber light and the Coin Comparitor has no light at all. This makes me think that the Coin Comparitor is not getting any power. Or the coin optic board / coin comparitor is faulty.

Does anyone know what the amber light on the coin optic board means? And if I should be looking into getting a new coin comparitor and/or optic board?

Thanks much everyone, you’re my only hope!
Scott

Offline ScottWA

• NLG
Re: Bally S6000 Coin Comparitor / Coin Optic Board Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 12:18:41 AM »
See picture

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 12:48:25 AM »
Hello. I’m working with the same problem. After messaging a friend late tonight, I believe it’s in a setting concerning the coin comparator. I be checking my machine again on Sunday afternoon. I’ll keep you posted. 
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 04:34:46 AM »
Amber light on coin optic shows it has power . The light on the coin comparitor will not illuminate till the door is closed.  Try two things with the comparitor.  Replace the sample coin with a new coin and if that doesn't work, there is a small hole on the front of the comparitor with a + symbol for the sensitivity adjustment.  You will need a very small screwdriver to adjust. Be careful it is plastic.  It only rotates 3/4 turn . Turn the adjustment back and forth several times to be sure it gets a good internal connection and then stop at the full CCW position.  Try it.  If  that  doesn't work you most likely need to replace it. 

Offline ScottWA

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 12:41:01 PM »
Amber light on coin optic shows it has power . The light on the coin comparitor will not illuminate till the door is closed.  Try two things with the comparitor.  Replace the sample coin with a new coin and if that doesn't work, there is a small hole on the front of the comparitor with a + symbol for the sensitivity adjustment.  You will need a very small screwdriver to adjust. Be careful it is plastic.  It only rotates 3/4 turn . Turn the adjustment back and forth several times to be sure it gets a good internal connection and then stop at the full CCW position.  Try it.  If  that  doesn't work you most likely need to replace it.

I appreciate the response. I have already tried adjusting the coin comparitor sensitivity previously, although I will give it a shot one more time this week and also switch out the sample coin (nickel) to see if that helps.

If these fixes don't work, I will look into replacing the CC-40 coin comparitor. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement 12Volt CC-40? Currently I can't find one on ebay or other slot machine retail websites. If I can't find one, can I swap in a CC-16-D 12 volt Coin Comparitor instead? Those seem easier to come by but I wasn't sure if it was interchangeable. They visually look the same. Thanks much

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 01:32:23 PM »
Yes the CC16 will work. It has to have the gray coil wires.

Offline pbwizard25

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 02:05:53 PM »
Bally 6000 need a 24 volt coin comparitor not a 12 volt. Yes the coil wires will be grey.

Offline koso

• Reputation Power: 0
  • koso New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 02:15:28 PM »
Hello

I also have a 6000 that the coin comparitor gave me a few problems when I first got it. From what I understand the comparitor only accepts or rejects the coins. If its a good coin will go thru the optics if bad it will return it to the tray. The optics is what adds the credit for you to play. There was a guide just below the coin slot that was for large coins that I replaced with one the right size for quarters that solved a lot of jams and coin rejections. You mention 12 volt compairtor mine runs on 24v AC. The light on the compairtor is on when I open the door and the optic led flashes when coin goes past it.

I am very new at this but maybe be of some help.

Offline ScottWA

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 10:59:12 PM »
Bally 6000 need a 24 volt coin comparitor not a 12 volt. Yes the coil wires will be grey.
Thanks, not sure why but the machine I am working on, which has worked previously, says 12V on it and it is a Pro Slot 6000. So that is the info I am going off here. And I assume I can't just step up to the 24V without having to swap other parts (but I could be wrong).

Offline ScottWA

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 11:09:15 PM »
Yes the CC16 will work. It has to have the gray coil wires.
Although this machine has worked previously, it looks like the CC-40 I have has the green coil wires. Could that be an issue or are gray coil wires only necessary on the CC-16-D.
I attached a picture and it doesn't have the sample coin in place (Just before I get a flood of replies telling me to put the coin in. )
I attached a separate picture lower in the thread that shows my optic board if that helps anyone out.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 07:09:32 AM »
Probably why it has quit working. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal