New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: enhanced board key and clear chips  (Read 6488 times)

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
enhanced board key and clear chips
« on: March 11, 2016, 06:40:15 PM »
will a 45 and 224 chips work on an enhanced board?  if not, what numbers?

thanks

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: enhanced board key and clear chips
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 06:45:53 PM »
They are the best for an enhanced board with a legacy adapter board. If your game uses an R board for the software then you'll need an RBK chip instead

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 07:55:33 PM »
how can i tell the difference between the legacy and the R board?

thanks

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 08:12:02 PM »
The biggest difference is that the legacy board has a socket for a DSV sound simm along one edge and uses SB, SG, and version chips

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 06:29:02 PM »
i tried to set up a board, and couldnt get into key chip config mode with a 45 and also trying a 224 clear chip. shouldnt the clear chip removed any credits?  i got two amber lights with the clear, one amber with the key chip.   i dont believe it was an r board, but see please see pics. i could only get into accounting mode. i was also getting a coin error, but its coinless. tried two different boards, same issues. i'll attach a pic, then send one more in another post so it doesnt choke

thanks

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 06:30:03 PM »
second pic

thanks

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 06:52:56 PM »
Are you using the same machine to clear,key and set up?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline brokenticker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 07:19:20 PM »
when your clearing enhanced board with 224 you have to wait until you get 4 lights not 2 ,same with key chip

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 07:22:21 PM »
to the first question, its the same machine.   as far as the lights, i waited quite a bit of time, how long does it take to get 4 lights? maybe i didnt wait long enough. how long do you wait until you think its just not working

thanks

Offline brokenticker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 07:29:56 PM »
its takes usually just under a minute,   

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 07:35:40 PM »
i waited over a minute. its difficult to insert the key and clear chips due to it being a machine socket and its close to the metal edge of the holder.  to be sure i got it in with all the pins straight, i removed the daughter board , installed the chip, and put the daughter board back on.  would that affect anything? i wouldnt think so, but does it?

what would stop 4 ambers from coming on after waiting over a minute or more?

as always, thanks

ps- it is not a R board, correct?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 07:40:09 PM »
I do not remember 4 ambers just two.
Not an R board.
Does the VFD say anything on it.
Sounds like it worked, with the door open after you put the game chip back in and turn the machine on what screen comes up?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 07:49:17 PM »
this is from memory : you get the alarm, ram error. turn the jackpot key couple of times, says hold test button 2-3 seconds, says please close door. then it says initializing . after that , it says call attendant. no chip config menu. pushing the test button just brings up accounting, nothing else

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 07:57:59 PM »
When it says call attendant close the door and again lift the lift the door handle it should alarm again sometimes twice you must go through the keyturn thing again. After this it should end in configuration mode.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 08:03:59 PM »
cant remember if i did that or not.  i do remember when i cleared it i got 2 ambers. when i keyed it, i only got one, and waited a while. mean anything?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 08:11:52 PM »
Have those chips ever worked successfully on other games?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 08:16:53 PM »
It should be, install clear chip till lights come on, swap out for key chip till lights come on, swap out for SB chip and get key chip menu never closing the door during the process

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2016, 08:23:31 PM »
The key key chip could be corrupt,  Esp. if it was installed backwards-dimple to dimple.  The IC's have power/voltage flowing thru them-when installed backwards it fries them.   :burningresistor: .

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2016, 08:29:32 PM »
those chips have worked before. i made images of them and will check them.   i first tried just the key, got nowhere. then tried a clear. after the clear chip, i installed the SB chip, did the ram error thing. never got to machine mismatch. i do remember another error, eprom mismatch or something.  tren i tried the key chip, and got nowhere.

what cowboy said, below

"It should be, install clear chip till lights come on, swap out for key chip till lights come on, swap out for SB chip and get key chip menu never closing the door during the process"

is different than i had been doing them, as described above. i did clear, sb, key.
not clear, key, sb

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2016, 08:40:47 PM »
Either should work as long as you never shut the door till you're done programming with the SB chip in. Closing the door at any time before you're done cancels the process. And as Sizzler stated, have you ever accidentaly installed the clear or key chip backwards?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal