New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need Help on S2000 five-reel machine with enhanced R board  (Read 6161 times)

Offline Jeff Freeman Jr.

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Jeff Freeman Jr. New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need Help on S2000 five-reel machine with enhanced R board
« on: August 24, 2016, 06:24:15 PM »
I have tried two different ways to key the machine and both have failed.   Really need to know proper clear and key chips that are needed for this machine and whether to use the boot slot or base.   First I tried a RBK00001 which I read this chip is a clear/key combined chip didn’t work, next I used a IVC224 clear and key chip 45.  Have read everything I can find on NLG about S2000 clear and key procedures.  I have posted pictures that shows were my machine is now, four button lite, all reels lite and coin-jam on display.   I know I’m missing something somewhere but just can’t figure it out.

Any Help will be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:16:03 AM by qbert »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Need Help on S2000 five-reel machine with enhanced R board
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 06:29:09 PM »
For the R board, the RBK0001 is the chip to use

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 06:40:33 PM »
SB001000 base chip?  That does not look right. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:54:33 PM »
SB001000 is correct for R boards. RG boards will use a game specific base chip. RBK00001 is correct. You will have options to clear ram, clear ram & E2, apply key chip. I can't remember for sure but the RBK chip might go in the boot chip socket rather than the base chip socket. I have only had one R board game & it's been a while. Do yourself a favor & install the screws in the r board. It makes it much easier to swap the chips out when it is attached properly.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 06:56:52 PM »
This is from the old site. I have my instruction sheet at my other place I can get tomorrow if this isn't working. Keep in mind you have one chip to do either function, Clear or Key, which you have to choose from. If I remember correctly you have to re install the chip a second time to do the other function. You will press "Spin button" to select choices.

"Remove the boot chip and install the RBK00001 chip. Power it up.
 Instead of waiting for the amber lights to come on, go to the screen menu, select Key Chip, "Apply Key Chip".  It'll say 'Spin Reels to apply Key Chip'. ..."Key Chip Applied".
Be sure to select 'RAM Options' / "Clear RAM" to avoid a 'Key Chip Access Failure', if you've saved before. (it worked for me anyway) Then 'Apply' the Key Chip.
Then power down and replace the Boot chip...

When you clear RAM, the alarm will go off at restart!    Just turn the reset key about 4 times through the listed errors, then it will ask you to push/hold the reset button on the M/board for 2 seconds.  You should end up with at "Key Chip" menu displayed... edit params from there.

I finally figured out the game #'s/payout %, and how to set them up per multi. I think people get confused that sometimes the 'Service' key functions as 'Next setting' instead of the 'Up' key.  Scratch Head
This is a 1¢, 2¢, 5¢ selectable... but we always play max 40 lines and 5 per line,  So I changed the amounts to 10¢, 25¢ and 50¢ for 40 lines and set the bets per line to only 1 or 2 per line to avoid betting ridiculous amounts...   arrow
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 07:40:27 PM by Sunrise Side »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 07:12:51 PM »
What do you know. I learned something new today.  My R-board games is an RG board and it has a game specific SB chip.  Here's the PSR for your board.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 07:33:28 PM »

Offline Jeff Freeman Jr.

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 08:13:19 PM »
Thanks to all of the NLG members for the help and input.  I will try to get this machine working again when I get home tomorrow night, 4:00am gets here real soon.

Thanks Again!

Offline Jeff Freeman Jr.

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 08:21:18 PM »
OK, tonight I tried to key machine. How do you select from the menu? I tried one button at a time with no luck selecting menu.  After powering machine down I got several choices .  I ended up with a blank display on last shut down and power back up.  I have attached my display screens.  Still can't get it cleared.  Thanks for the help guys!

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 08:53:51 PM »
you will use your Red Change/Service button on the far left to toggle for choices and use the large square Spin Reel button as Enter button. Try this. Door open. At 1 RAM Operations , press the Spin Reels button. Then it will show RAM cleared. Power down . remove Key chip reinstall Boot chip turn on machine. You will have "Ram error" message. Turn the reset key till you get to  "Press button for 2-3 seconds" on the MPU message. Then it will show to "close the door". After closing door, Let it go to ready to play/insert money state. Power down. Install the Key chip again. Power up and then press the change/service button too the far left to get to 4 "Key chip". Press the spin button twice and then wait till it shows "Key Chip Applied" it takes a few seconds to apply. Turn it off. install your Boot chip. Turn it on with door kept open. Wait till it shows 7 Key . Press the spin reel button to get to 7.1 and 7.2 settings.   And then do the 3 Machine options settings. This is by my memory which is not great.! I should have wrote down the exact step by step procedure.  Let me know if this does not work and I can key my machine and write the exact procedure to post here.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 02:03:42 AM »
I hope this helps out some.  TJ

Offline Jeff Freeman Jr.

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 04:26:16 PM »
Thanks NLG members I will try this again and again until I get it working. 

Offline Jeff Freeman Jr.

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 07:20:51 PM »
Well maybe I have other problems, when I get at the 1 Ram Operations,  I pressed the spin button couldn't ever get message Ram cleared.  I tried this numerous times with no luck.  Maybe I need to replace mother board.  I'm sure what else my problem could be. Thanks guys for the help.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 07:39:54 PM »
Make sure your spin button switch is working.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 07:55:46 PM »
It may not help, but can't hurt either, make sure you do the varta battery removal modification. A bad varta battery can cause an assortment of weird issues on those boards

Offline Jeff Freeman Jr.

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM »
Ok, I did the Varta battery mod, I replaced motherboard, power supply and put on new spin button switch.  Still can't get spin button to select (1 Ram Operations menu.  What else could make a button not work?  When I removed the clear chip and installed boot chip, machine boots up with error coin-in jam.  Which is what my problem was when the machine first quit working.  Thanks for all of the help trying to get my machine working again. 

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 07:45:34 PM »
Check the I/O card on the inside of the main door under the switch wiring harness. Turn it off. Disconnect the harness and reconnect it and then pull the I/O card out of the slot and reinsert it. If that does not work, replace the I/O card.

Offline Jeff Freeman Jr.

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2016, 07:13:09 PM »
I got my machine fixed thanks to all of the help from the Super NLG guys! All of the trouble I had was due to a bad I/O card. Finally got the spin button to select to clear ram.
Thanks Again for all of the help!!!  Now I will see about getting this machine working again...........

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 07:18:26 PM »
Congrats!

:wav:
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal