New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Lights for progressive EM-988-2  (Read 1119 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Lights for progressive EM-988-2
« on: March 22, 2018, 12:48:04 PM »
This machine plays and pays great, both progressive advances as they should.  My only real problem is the lights for the "red Arrows" do not work.  Can some one point me in the right direction?  I'm pretty certain one or the other should always be light (letting you know which progressive payout" is active.
thanks
Bob

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Lights for progressive EM-988-2
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 02:59:42 PM »
Have you tested the bulbs with a multi meter to make sure they are good. If I remember those were a wedge style bulb.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 03:26:45 PM »
I have tested the bulbs, they are #44.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 04:03:02 PM »
I have tested the bulbs, they are #44.
How tight are the bulbs in those sockets? I have had to add a small amount of solder to the bulbs tip to make a tighter connection. You might try cleaning the sockets with a rolled up piece of sand paper.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 04:33:01 PM »
Interesting since although I am not sure, it looks like 2 lights per progressive may be in use.  Can all 4 bulbs or sockets be bad?  Possibly.  The dab of solder on the tip of the bulb has worked for me many times.  I have 10 of each kind of bulb pre soldered.  I also, when possible, switched to LED bulbs.  WELL worth the investment.  IF you have extension cables you can test the wires at the socket with a volt meter and that would tell the tale.

Ra

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 04:53:39 PM »
there are 2 lights for each progressive, I'm pretty certain they were working before.  I've tested the sockets with a meter and there is no power.  I was looking for advise as to which control/points controlled the lights.
thanks
Bob

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 05:45:34 PM »
Has to come thru the IO I would think. I’d start tracing to wires backwards down to the bottom. If they are 6V bulbs there should be a blue wire. That’s the 6V power. You could try a separate jumper wire from a good ground or try a 6v jumper to the bulbs to see if they light. Need to figure if it’s a ground or voltage problem. I would double check the molex plug in the top cabinet for a good connection.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 07:50:02 PM »
I would think there are 2 circuits, one for the top and one for the bottom.
If all 4 lights are out, I would suspect the common wire between both is open.
This would be the first thing I would check.

Second would be the step up control board. Have a machine that wasn’t advancing the progressive jackpot as it should. The control board was warped and the contacts weren’t making a good connection.

Bad wire connection is where I would concentrate.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 12:08:49 AM »
David  hit the most probable cause.   Common ground for all 4 lights is not unreasonable.   Gary is also correct.  Jump the  power then the  ground if either or both produce light you know where to trace.  Please keep us posted.

Ra

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal