New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Gamemaker rebooting on its own  (Read 1188 times)

Offline nayR

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nayR New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Gamemaker rebooting on its own
« on: June 09, 2018, 08:33:56 PM »
Help!!

I have a Gamemaker slant that keeps rebooting on its own (video of the issue attached).  Recently I had to wipe the game due to some random ghost meter issue.  When loading everything back I changed out the power supply as well due to some other issues.  I was having a ton of issues to trying to get the game to get comm but finally got that sorted out.  The background noise is loud on the video so i would recommend to mute it.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:59:32 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Gamemaker rebooting on its own
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 01:36:17 PM »
Have you tried removing power from the bill validator to see if the self boot goes away?It could be the motor in your bill validator is going bad and dragging the power supply down.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline nayR

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nayR New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 03:06:43 PM »
I took a look at the power from the BV and I still have the issue.  The only way I can get the reboot to go away is by disconnecting the power from the BE2.  I have changed out all harnesses related to the BE2 including a new board.  Also when I switch the main board from the game next to it all my problems seem to go away.  So I think my issue is narrowed down the main board.  I will solder a new battery onto the board (3.6 Lithium) to see if that helps. I'm just having a hard time getting hold of anyone that sells the batteries.  I'm hoping its just the battery because replacing the board gets a little pricey.

Thanks for the suggestion!  It got me to what I think my solution might be now.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 04:28:39 PM »
A 1/2 AA battery with wire leads from All Electronics works just fine.Worst case, if none of that works, and you are sure it is the main board our shop repairs those boards and has a tester and parts to support them.Make sure that upright crystal in the metal can at the center left on the main board has not come loose.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal