New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My first IGT S2000 12 Times Pay has problems.  (Read 5665 times)

Offline MGB1977

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MGB1977 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
My first IGT S2000 12 Times Pay has problems.
« on: August 15, 2018, 11:05:40 AM »
I have a call attendant ......closure M .....general wheel tilt....on my display. I sometimes get a "door open" on the display.  I have tried bi passing the optics using the wires through the door method.  I have checked continuity of my wiring with my meter, and it shows good.  The belly switch is bi passed.....and the bill holder is bi passed.  I have reseated the mother board and power supply.  The cherry switch seems to be working as I moved the light wires, and it (the light) works on both sides. The coin size battery (B1) reads over 3....so it seems ok.  The green battery is almost dead, but I see no evidence of leakage.  The machine has worked flawlessly (since I bought it) for three months.  A reset key would fix this problem at first, but kept getting worse till now I can not play it.

Any help or ideas?  Thank you in advance for your help.   

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
Re: My first IGT S2000 12 Times Pay has problems.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 11:16:21 AM »
I should maybe add......the 12 Times Pay is a 3 reel......one line.....3 times multiplier.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 11:24:43 AM »
You should remove the green varta battery immediately if not sooner, if you have a series 500 mpu, it is not needed and it causes all kinds of issues if it leaks.  I have never seen a general wheel tilt?  Maybe you meant reel?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 11:33:14 AM »
Chances are there's some damage from previous battery acid leakage. Possibly worked for a while with the optics bypassed but the problem is progressing. Sounds like that during the spin it thinks the door is being open causing the reel tilt. You are probably going to have to replace that MPU. Did you bypass the optics according to this diagram?
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 12:06:08 PM »
I will remove the Battery 2 after checking which board I have.  Is it best to remove it by desoldering or breaking it off like some have suggested. The machine worked without an optics bi-pass for 3 months.....now even with a bi-pass like in the above diagram it shows a closure M message.

Thank you both for suggestions.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 12:13:10 PM »
I prefer desoldering but some do break or cut it off. There's less chance of damaging a trace if you desolder.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 12:38:52 PM »
See below pics. One shows where a battery was broken or cut off. Note scratches to the surface of the PCB. Other was desoldered & holes cleaned.

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ANIslots New User has no influence.
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 12:47:34 PM »
I will remove the Battery 2 after checking which board I have.  Is it best to remove it by desoldering or breaking it off like some have suggested. The machine worked without an optics bi-pass for 3 months.....now even with a bi-pass like in the above diagram it shows a closure M message.

Thank you both for suggestions.

when the main door is open it will say door open once it is closed it will typically say closure M (door was open now is closed) that message usually goes away once a game is played

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 12:55:37 PM »
I had a machine earlier this year that had a similar issue. Battery still had 3.0? Volts in the Battery. I changed the battery and the problem went away. Do as RB said and get rid of the Varta Battery.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 02:52:29 PM »
This is my board.  Is it OK to pull the green battery?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 03:13:42 PM »
Can’t really tell much by that pic. It’s too fuzzy, but I think I see green acid on the leads of the diode next to it. That might concern me about the small board traces that run under the Green Varta Battery.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 03:28:22 PM »
This is my board.  Is it OK to pull the green battery?

If it is a 5XX board then yes remove the green battery. I can't tell what the part number of the board is, others here may recognize it. Or you can post the part number that is written on the board. If your board is not a 502 or 504 board it is likely to be a 1270 board, on the 1270 board it is more complicated to deal with the green Varta battery.

This might help you to figure out what board you have:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=5099.msg36695#msg36695
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 04:45:02 PM »
general reel tilt usually happens when someone opens the door while the reels are spinning. to clear it open the door and turn the key.

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 04:49:56 PM »
Here is another picture of my board.

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 04:57:37 PM »
I see PN 75510504R.  Model: 1952-2.  I also see an E49011.  So......I am guessing a 504R board.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 06:21:04 AM »
Removing the green battery this morning.  After removing it......should I just clean the area under it with a cloth......water......or go straight to vinegar and water mixture?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 06:40:39 AM »
I'd use a little vinegar to neutralize any battery leakage, then rinse or wipe down the area with fresh water. If it is a small area you can use q-tips or a small brush to do the cleaning and q-tips or paper towel to pat-down & soak up the extra wetness when done.

Be sure to let it dry completely before reinstalling & applying power.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ANIslots New User has no influence.
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 06:46:53 AM »
I'd use a little vinegar to neutralize any battery leakage, then rinse or wipe down the area with fresh water. If it is a small area you can use q-tips or a small brush to do the cleaning and q-tips or paper towel to pat-down & soak up the extra wetness when done.

Be sure to let it dry completely before reinstalling & applying power.

reminds me of the days on the ship taking boards and hosing them off in the showers, after they were saoked with AFFF , young bloods thinking we were crazy for getting them wet

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 07:38:41 AM »
I plugged it in.  I now get general wheel tilt, and Door open M on the display.  NO spinning of wheels, and NO call attendant. 

Ideas?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2018, 07:52:30 AM »
Open door and turn the jackpot key one time, close door.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal