New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Picked up a sigma sg-50b.....now what?  (Read 2879 times)

Offline wrestler514

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • wrestler514 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Picked up a sigma sg-50b.....now what?
« on: November 13, 2018, 10:04:49 PM »
Any help is appreciated, I am looking to get this sigma slot machine fully and consistently operating so I can give it to my grandma by xmas.  The catch is i have never worked on a slot machine before.

At times it is giving me a cut wire/tilt error, other times no error on the display but the machine does not function.  Yesterday  I was messing around with the reset key and the unit functioned 100% for a short while using the bill acceptor.

What should I do first?  Is there any place I can find some literature on these units that would guide me on servicing it?

Thanks again

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Picked up a sigma sg-50b.....now what?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 10:07:41 PM »
The fine print above.

At times it is giving me a cut wire/tilt error, other times no error on the display but the machine does not function.  Yesterday  I was messing around with the reset key and the unit functioned 100% for a short while using the bill acceptor.

What should I do first?  Is there any place I can find some literature on these units that would guide me on servicing it?

Thanks again
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline wrestler514

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 10:09:33 PM »
Thanks , not sure how that happened.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 10:30:58 PM »
I know you can buy a pdf Manual here;

http://www.coinslots.com/manuals/sigma/

They carry many different manual for other games too. I have bought one or two my self from them. You could try checking all your main CPU Boards connections. Unplug and reconnect any connections. Do you see a battery on the main board? Post a picture of the CPU.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline wrestler514

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 11:08:32 PM »
Here is the machine and the board.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 02:34:49 AM »
Have you checked to see if that battery has any voltage? Sigma machine are known to have power supply problems. Your going to need a voltage meter to check the machines power supply voltages and to check the voltage on the silver coin battery too. If you don’t own a multi meter for doing this, you might want to invest in one. You can find an inexpensive one at Harbor Frieght, and I’m sure Home Depot and Lowe’s. Most coin battery’s are about 3.00 voltage, if they are low the machine usually won’t operate. Looks like yours is soldered to the board. Your going to need a soldering iron too to change it if the voltage is low. Your other option would be to see if you have a battery store in your area that sells just battery’s. Most of these stores can do the soldering for you.
I think your coin battery might just slide out of a holder? When I checked on a CR2450 battery they look to be the coin style. See if yours will slide loose, but don’t force it.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline wrestler514

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 09:45:14 PM »
Tried to pull the battery but no such luck on it sliding it out it must be soldered on the back side.  Any tips on how to swap one of these out? 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 10:06:35 PM »
As I said in my last post. You need to know how to use a soldering iron, or locate a battery store in your area that can help you do it.
And remember...

Offline wrestler514

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 10:13:33 PM »
Gonna have to pick one up this weekend along with a volt meter

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 09:10:14 PM »
The battery could be a Supercap, don't replace it.
A picture would help.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 09:26:18 PM »
The battery could be a Supercap, don't replace it.
A picture would help.

Replay #4 show what looks like a battery to me. There is a number on the top that matches a coin battery that available. It’s possible someone installed it where a super cap once was ?
And remember...

Offline wrestler514

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 09:32:15 PM »
How would I know what is supposed to be there, currently it is definitely a coin style battery.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 09:35:40 PM »
Sorry, jumped in late, soldering iron is a necessary, then put in a button cell socket to hold the new battery.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal