New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Monster Mansion error  (Read 1198 times)

Offline AppleJack

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • AppleJack New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Monster Mansion error
« on: February 15, 2019, 04:46:21 PM »
Hi Guys!
A Noob here... and very happy to get into the slots for the game room. I bought a very very nice Monster Mansion round top as like new. We have been playing it for days when I got "call attendant coin-out jam"after a win. This machine does not have a hopper and that feature was disabled, I would think. I believe I know what to do here..But I'll explain. I reseated all the I/O boards, checked the molex connection, no change, also key does nothing (as expected).
Edit:I should mention, We changed out the old style battery (soldered) about a week ago. Hmmm now thinking about it I was wondering if that could have changed the hopper and coin to enabled? Also when this error came about I just went over $400.00 in credits. Maybe that also defaulted to credit limit of $400.00? and could that cause this error when I won  and went over?

The nice guy I bought it from will come fix it. "I" want to think I could, and someday I may need to.
 I was just playing, not trying to cash out (printer) as I have in the past without issues. I'm thinking a clear chip 40 may be all that is left. I'll see what he comes up with.My question is; what would be the cause of this? Any thoughts?

Hope I put this in the correct section
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:41:08 PM by AppleJack »

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
  • Bally 873; Game King 3502/3902; Atari System 2
Re: IGT Monster Mansion error
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 11:35:28 PM »
You need to get a Key Chip 22 and do several things:

1. Disable the hopper.
2. Set your credit limit for a higher amount than the default (you can usually go as much as 999,999).
3. Set your jackpot limit (I set mine to $1,200 to simulate Nevada jackpots).
4. Lots of other fun things like set your payback percentage to the highest amount (Game 1) or set different denominations (if you have the chips with that ability).

You need to do this when there are no credits on the machine, though using the key chip can clear the credits.

If the guy who you bought the machine from knows what he's doing, he should be able to do all these things.

Offline AppleJack

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 06:47:46 AM »
Thanks
**update**Key 40 did work! everything up and running

My real question, did changing the battery out make those defaults (hopper enabled / coin enabled/ $400.00 limit ) that resulted in the coin-jam error when I won $400.00? I'm just guessing it did because it was running fine till I got over $400. I'm thinking before the battery change it was set to a higher credit limit.
I'm still trying to understand why this happened..and this is my guess..am I correct?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 11:42:31 AM by AppleJack »

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 11:54:36 AM »
Changing the battery *might* have reset the machine to the default, which is usually $400.

Do you check the Accounting numbers? If you checked the accounting after you replaced the battery, and everything was back to zero, then there's a good chance the hopper became re-enabled and the limit returned to $400.

Also, I think the default on Monster Mansion is the lowest payback percentage? Did you set the Game to #1 so it pays around 98%?

Probable correction on the $1,200 jackpot: that's the U.S. federal minimum for a hand pay, not just Nevada!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 02:06:17 PM by smoothgrh »

Offline AppleJack

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 01:29:16 PM »
Thank-you again for the response. I'm golden again. I am very computer oriented and catching on fast what to do. The 40 chip must be able to back-pedal for the need of 22 for this game.

I absolutely love this game (Monster Mansion)I expect no more problems now that battery is replaced and menu's are set to what I want to deal with.

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 02:09:03 PM »
It's a great game. I love the graphics, music, sound effects, and general theme. The symbols seem very satisfying. And the bonuses seem more fun than other, similar bonuses. Maybe because it has the potential for a mild jumpscare?

Oh, and I think the best part is the opening doors instead of spinning reels!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal