New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Michael Jackson Icon on Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32  (Read 6587 times)

Offline alfa75

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • alfa75 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Michael Jackson Icon on Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 09:44:37 PM »
You need to have open door M to get into the correct setup menu.  Also it takes more than 15 minutes to load.  I would leave it running for at least 45 minutes, your load time depends on mpu type and how much memory you have.  There's a red light for activity under the rightmost set of ethernet/usb ports on the MPU. The red light indicates SSD activity.  This light stays pretty much lit or quickly blinking during the load process.  As long as the light is lit, the game is still loading.  Also the screen will change from the Bally logo with the circles around it to a black screen and I believe the ideck will say (or maybe the v32 screen) select Denom on it, then you can enter setup.  Also while loading, if you press setup button on the mpu, you will hear a buzzard sound, like you did something wrong that you are not supposed to do.
I‘ve try it with the door M open, I wait about one hour, but nothing happens.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 10:19:00 PM »
Post a photo of what your screen looks like after you have waited an hour.  What happens if you push the setup button on the mpu?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 04:47:52 AM »
Post a photo of what your screen looks like after you have waited an hour.  What happens if you push the setup button on the mpu?
I tested it again with the door M opened, the buzzard sound still comes after one hour waiting time. I added some photos of the screen after one hour.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 09:12:43 AM »
Is the red hard drive activity light blinking still?  Are the circles still going around the "B"?  1 hour should be more than enough time.  Do you have 8GB of ram on the mpu (Although I think it works with 4GB, not 100% sure on that though).

I am assuming you have the topper wired right, otherwise you would have gotten the red square of death a long time ago.  If you have another MPU, I would give that a try.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 02:36:46 PM »
I have had the "hanging loading" on some Ultimate Firelinks. Sometimes it happens, other times it loads just fine. What I do to fix the hanging load time is either manually remove the previous games, or do a factory restore. Then the games will load just fine. I am not sure what causes some the newer games to hang up.
-------
Charles

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2019, 02:14:17 AM »
Is the red hard drive activity light blinking still?  Are the circles still going around the "B"?  1 hour should be more than enough time.  Do you have 8GB of ram on the mpu (Although I think it works with 4GB, not 100% sure on that though).

I am assuming you have the topper wired right, otherwise you would have gotten the red square of death a long time ago.  If you have another MPU, I would give that a try.
Yes, the red hard drive activity are still blinking and as I rember the circle doesn't turn at the beginning or after an hour. I tried to install another game (MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRE), there I entered the configuration mode and was able to adjust everything. Unfortunately the topper doesn't work there, although I checked several times that it is plugged in correctly. At startup the Bally character is displayed correctly, but when the game is started it stays black and as soon as a bonusgame appears it gets stuck in this bonusgame, respectively it doesn't go on anymore. I will check how much ram I have and post this here.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 02:17:32 AM »
I have had the "hanging loading" on some Ultimate Firelinks. Sometimes it happens, other times it loads just fine. What I do to fix the hanging load time is either manually remove the previous games, or do a factory restore. Then the games will load just fine. I am not sure what causes some the newer games to hang up.
Thanks for the hint, I tried several times in different ways (factory reset, just reset the game, OS and game reset), unfortunately with the same result.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2019, 08:53:15 AM »

I've checked the size of the ram, it's about 4GB (image of the ram attached). I want to replace this ram with 2x4GB or 2x8GB (16GB, is this useful or unnecessary?), what do I have to pay attention to when buying a ram? Would these type of ram also work https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR13N9S8HK2_8.pdf or this https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR13S9K2_16.pdf?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2019, 01:29:47 PM »
To the best of my knowledge 8GB is maximum RAM, If you have the MPU with the audio jacks you will need to buy 4GB sticks 2Rx8 configuration (8 chips on each side), if you have the mpu without the audio jacks, you can use either 1Rx8 (4 chips on each side) or 2Rx8 configuration ram sticks.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2019, 11:57:39 AM »
I've installed the 8GB and successfully installed the Michael Jackson Icon software (see also picture), I am very happy about it, I thank you a thousand times for your help, without those I would never have made it. Unfortunately it wasn't enough for the MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRE, I read that this requires the CPU version 2.1, I have one last question, would it be theoretically possible to change the CPU? My issue in this article is solved.

Offline kclements

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • kclements New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2019, 04:03:00 PM »
You can definitely change over to a 2.1 CPU.   It slides right on the tray where the 2.0 CPU goes.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2019, 04:55:07 PM »
I've run monopoly millionaire on a 2.0 box without issues.  It just needs the k2000 video card.  The topper needs to hang off the video card's display port with an adapter and it should work.  You also need to set the settings like wonka or dragon spins since it is also one of those "carousel" games.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2019, 11:16:36 PM »
I've run monopoly millionaire on a 2.0 box without issues.  It just needs the k2000 video card.  The topper needs to hang off the video card's display port with an adapter and it should work.  You also need to set the settings like wonka or dragon spins since it is also one of those "carousel" games.
I have the k2000 video card, do you have any helpful links? The only settings I wasn't sure about are these 5 settings (see photos), I guess it has to do with that. There you can also see the current settings I have set.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2019, 09:24:44 AM »
You also need to set the serial and the asset number under Machine info setup.  I usually just set both to 1 as well there.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2019, 11:39:28 PM »
You also need to set the serial and the asset number under Machine info setup.  I usually just set both to 1 as well there.
It was exactly these two settings that were the problem, the game (photos attached) is now running as well, heureka. I don't know how to thank you for your support, but I would like to donate something because I don't take it for granted, can I send you a donation in one way or another?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal