New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Name that slot! What Bally video slot machine do I own?  (Read 2702 times)

Offline knixus

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • knixus New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Name that slot! What Bally video slot machine do I own?
« on: March 26, 2019, 06:40:12 AM »
Font size was so small, no one saw poat earlier...here it is...   Hello all, real Newbie here with a problem...so much info on this site, hard to sift through...I recently acquired a bally game maker hd...except that's all I know...I got the game maker "module 2" booklet along with it but can't apply what's in it to the MPU in the machine, just doesn't seem to match up...anyway...game model # is S9T1V20-20...so what do I have gents? Alpha V20? Please advise where i could get corresponding operating manuals to this machine...next issue, on boot up, i keep getting a fatal fault...the line reads as follows: (521) : -e 0x00010000NVRAM mount failure low battery ...so I'm thinking like everybody else, the board memory is shot...so it needs to be replaced...but none of the MPU's pictures or schematics i've seen on here match up to the board in the machine. The board is from 2004 and is PCA40939-0-0C. below those numbers it reads 187200 07/19. I don't know much about circuit boards but I can't see a 3.6 V battery on the board...i bought a kit to solder on a battery housing for quick swap, but i just can't see where the battery is or if even this is the issue... please advise, i love this sh*t, tracking down answers and all and the two guys I've talked to on here have been great just don't know the machine...next step is paid advice but I'd like to solve it here...thanks in advance

Fixed too large font. -knagl
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 07:40:49 PM by knagl »

Offline knixus

• NLG
Re: Name that slot! What Bally video slot machine do I own?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 07:41:14 AM »
 this is identity plate on side
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 04:05:02 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline knixus

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 07:45:18 AM »
so what is the solution to this fatal fault on this machine, on this board...please help... 

Offline knixus

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 10:28:49 AM »
was told more pictures of the cabinet the better for identifying

Offline buzzarama

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 01:39:31 AM »
Hello newbie Knixus,

You have a Bally Alpha 1 S9 V20/20, meaning video machine with 20 inch display on top and bottom. The cabinet itself is a pretty versatile cabinet,  it could be a mechanical reel in 3, 4 or 5 reel configurations by removing the bottom monitor and throwing in a handful of parts. Mechanical version would be "S9000".

As for your problem, the board you listed (PCA40939-0-0C) is the back plane. (some call it interconnect or motherboard) it is where all the peripherals, lights and components plug in and the MPU (computer) connects to it to make it all work. Your MPU (computer) will look like the attached. There are 2 coin cell batteries in it (circled in picture) that are responsible for the low battery error. Once you replace them you will likely need to ram clear the machine and re option it in order for it to work again.

If you aren't familiar with ram clear procedures there is lots to read here to familiarize yourself as well as a couple videos on YouTube.

Feel free to ask questions but here are a few things people may need to know in order to help you with that.

Do you have a gold 2341 audit key
What computer is in it (most likely a 1gb impu with a dual VGA video card)
Did you receive any ram clear compact flash card(s) with your machine
What bios version do you have
What game compact flash version do you have
What operating system compact flash version do you have
What is the jurisdiction version

Good luck and I'm sure you will be enjoying your machine soon.

Buzzarama

Offline knixus

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 07:02:52 AM »
Buzz, your the best...I'm going to collect all that info and see if I can be up and running soon....can't wait
...may I contact you directly if I have a question?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 07:47:24 AM »
You also have the gamemaker HD player panel, which does not work with all games, unless you make a slight modification, or get another player panel and replace back and forth as needed.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline knixus

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 05:43:26 PM »
Player panel? What is the player panel and where id you see it in the picture I posted...please elaborate....although my CPU was different then the one you showed, I was able to located the battery when I did, 3V coin type...battery on the way, having trouble locating the compact flash for the clear you mentioned...know anyone who sells it, what else do you think I'll need? Also, my bill identifier seems dead in the water...it's a WBA 12/13-SS, know any place selling them?...i'll post picture of the CPU, an two compact flash cards in the CPU, maybe you can tell me more about the components, OS and such...thanks for all the help thus far...really!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 06:58:12 PM »
The player panel is where all the buttons you push to play the game.  Your player panel was used for Gamemaker HD cabinets.  My guess is your cabinet was originally a Gamemaker HD and someone changed the game on it.
Check your bill validator and make sure it's plugged in.  The WBA's are connected to the cabinet with 2 plugs, a 2 pin plug for power and a 5 pin plug for signal (though only 3 are used).  They are black single row molex connectors.  Also your WBA validator needs to have an RS-232 board installed on the left side (if looking from the front).  If it doesn't have that board, it won't work on a bally alpha.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline knixus

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 09:33:51 AM »
Thanks Rick...guys like you and Buzz are what boards like this are all about, helping and welcoming newcomers into a realm of knowledge new to them...I get a kick out of this stuff, but would be lost without some help...plan on getting into the cabinet later, let you know what I find...I will look for that side board on the bill validator and I believe the two pin connector you spoke of is not hooked up, any idea based upon the board photos I supplied where on the board it plugs in, not looking to fry the back board or the bill validator by hooking it up in wrong slot...thanks in advance. knixus

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 04:38:51 PM »
Behind the bill validator area, there should be the "Pig tails"  Below photos of my machine and connections.  Also the validator with the side rs-232 board on thre side.  The validator is pulled about 1/2 way out so show the rs-232 board.

Offline knixus

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 08:21:26 PM »
Thanks again Rick, much appreciate the help, will try the bill validator tomorrow...I have a few more pictures that may help with some of the questions that Buzz said I'd need answered...such as OS, what CPU and such...not sure that can be determined visually, but posting pictures to see what can be determined.

Offline knixus

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 08:23:06 PM »
oh and yes Buzz, I have an attendants key...

Offline knixus

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2019, 08:28:59 PM »
Also, gents any clue where I can get operators manuals for this machine?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 06:03:11 PM »
Based on the checksum you have bios AVBBP26SIMPU-07.  You can only use OS in the 33x range (You probably will never have to use any other os than the one you have).

You have the newer CPU type for an Alpha 1.  You can upgrade memory to 2GB of Ram.  Some of newer games require the 2GB of ram, it is a cheap upgrade and worth doing so you don't run into the memory issue later on.

You will also need a Clear 335 to clear and change games.  If you want a multi-game setup, you can get the Gamemaker HD suites and run those.  It will give you poker, keno, blackjack, and slots.

Offline knixus

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 08:50:22 AM »

Thanks again for your guidance on this Rick, you and Buzz have been a treasure trove of info...the OS CF card I have says 336, so thanks for confirming I'm good with that...and pleased to hear I have a newer CPU. I found a video on YOUTUBE that sequenced the steps to clearing the NVRAM and EEPOM...it utilizes the Clear CF card you mentioned, but I have not been able to find one termed "Clear 335"? I found a vendor selling a Alpha Clear CF card, will that work? (hope so, I ordered it...lol)...also in the video, it mentioned that if your BIOS was older than 2008, the setup from that point would be different. Since i have a newer CPU, can I assume I have the newer than 2008 BIOS? How would I know, would it flash it on the startup on the monitors? If the Alpha Clear CF card won't work, know a vendor who sells the correct one and while we're at it a vendor who sells the gamemaker hd suite 7 CF card and the extra 1GB of memory you talked about? Alot to ask, i know but you guys have been great so far, figured I push it a little further...I also have a gamemaker module 2 manual, is that the correct one to follow for setup. lastly, this jurisdiction issue, care to educate me a little on that, will that be a problem?

:thank_you: :1:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 09:36:04 AM »
Only a clear335 will work on your machine, the others will not boot or work correctly.  The bios you have is the newest bios available for your machine.  The setup is pretty much the same, there are minor differences, but not enough that you can't figure out where all the options you need to change are.  I wouldn't worry about the date of your bios, I never have.  Setting up the machine is not all that complicated, there are several videos showing how to setup an alpha 1 machine, the hardest part is setting up progressives because they have to follow a predetermined formula for each particular game type, but not all games use progressive.  None of the Gamemaker HD Suites use progressives.  The jurisdiction will affect whether or not you can have a printer without a TITO (Ticket in/Ticket Out) system installed and whether or not all jackpots over 1,199.99 go to handpay or go to credit meter.  Other than those 2 things, there is nothing to be concerned about regarding home use. 

Buying a Gamemaker HD suite, just post a WTB in the classifieds and someone will eventually offer you one.

Offline knixus

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 04:57:11 PM »
Once again Rick, thanks a lot for the advice. You've been awesome...the vendor I requested the clear card from actually contacted me today to figure out which Clear CF I needed. I told them what you have already figured out, that the Clear335 is what I need...so it's all in the works, we'll see how it works out. Thanks again for all this free advice...it's been so helpful!

Offline knixus

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 07:36:55 PM »
 :nlg-logo:  Thanks again for all your help Buzz and Rick. Almost there! I ordered that Suite 1.5 CF Rick, we'll see what's on it. Also, I ordered the 1GB memory upgrade, can you hint me as to where it plugs in? I did run into an issue when playing around with setup. My bill validator is dead in the water, no power, separate issue, but during the machine setup, device setup doesn't offer a WBA bill validator? Is there a default selection? Same issue with ticket printer, the one in the machine is not offered on the menu?? Anyway, almost there, let you know how it goes. Thank you both again!!
[/size]
 :thank_you:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 07:55:47 PM »
WBA is JCM (The manufacturer).  I don't know what ticket printer you have, post a photo of it.  The memory goes in the memory slot that is open (if you have the 1GB dimm) just behind the power supply. See photo below.  This particular unit already has the 2GB of Ram.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal