New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Mikohn Yahtzee sg300 : low battery ram error  (Read 1652 times)

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • MacGUYver New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Mikohn Yahtzee sg300 : low battery ram error
« on: July 11, 2019, 10:44:14 PM »
Picked up a Yahtzee machine today, excited to get into it.  All there, has a ram error.  I turned it on, used reset key to clear it and goes back to battery error.  Will be soldering in new one tomorrow, too late today.  Not sure if the progressive works, but the top display is on an independent power source and that works.

One of my favorite machines was the sigma treasure tunnel, so far this seems similar.  Wish me luck, should be simple.

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
Re: Mikohn Yahtzee sg300 : low battery ram error
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 01:13:57 AM »
Changed the battery, reset key switched through the ram errors, and it worked great.  Played eith it on and off through the day, did a few power cycles, and on thr last one the Yahtzee display didn't turn on.  Than, got  a bonus comm error.  Cycled power a few times, occasionally I'll get a few LEDs flash on/off, did itnlike ten times and got different ones a few times.

Opened the top, I'm getting 5v to the led, little red light is on showing power. Ribbon cable snug, reseating stuff didn't help.  There's onr capacitor on the board.

Not sure, is this how the led display would die, or sound more like the cap is going bad and not driving the board to turn oon the leds? A little stumped here, nothing changed from it working, and next power on it just doesn't.

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • tollguy316 New User barely matters.tollguy316 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 07:55:05 AM »
 Hello. First off, congratulations on owning a yahtzee machine. It's a great game but unfortunately there's not many of them out there so getting help to fix them might be a little difficult At times. I own a Yahtzee machine and it works great also but the main issue I've come across is that when you move the machine a lot of times Connections of the top box or come loose. Its more of an annoyance than anything. But once you get the machine where you wanted it is generally pretty reliable. That's how I felt it's about 3 weeks ago when I turn my machine on and got the" bonus comm error ". My issue ended up being the power supply in the top box on the upper left. I replaced it with a brand new power supply which actually is the same power supply as the lower power supply for the Williams Dotmation slot machine. Hopefully this little bit of information can help you out. Good luck. Bill

« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 01:33:57 PM by tollguy316 »

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 12:51:34 PM »
Yeah , was fun while it worked.  Just strange cause it seems like it's still getting power to the led board, just only a few will flicker on and then off.  I suspect some of the traces , will inspect more later. 

I see "large display" on rudysdeals (so probably can't even buy it..m) with the same boards, but it has like 9 of them when my led display only has two.  I'm gonna do a capacitor replacement and see if that gets me anywhere, and maybe jump a trace or two where they look a bit suspect.  Idk.

Anyone got a Yahtzee mikohn 341-012-90c set of driver boards/display? 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 01:07:23 PM by Bigjon527 »

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 02:21:01 AM »
Ok, pretty sure the board is getting power as it should, I now suspect the board before it.  It has a 5.5v 1f super cap.  I measured voltage on it while on, 4.2v.  not sure if I would get a perfect 5.5v on something like this, it's not a battery.  Should I expect 5.5v give or take?  Guess I'll order new one

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »
The top left power supply has no output!

Took it off, fuse is good.  The large cap is definitely charged (zapped myself so good!).  Pretty stumped, nothing looks burnt.  Will post pics later.  I'm terrible at troubleshooting power supplies

I have no idea what the voltage output is on this (no description at output posts).  Anyone got the powersupply for this, it drives the main board up top which drives the dice.  Or anyone got the voltage output?  I assume 5v, but one might be 12v cause it's on different traces.  Just not sure how to tell.

Edited since there's definitely power on the board, just dont know how to trace what's bad.  Everything s too cramped to do much also .  Could use a manual of someone has one for this Yahtzee top area (have the generic sg300 manual already).  All caps look fine, nfc.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 11:02:27 PM by Bigjon »

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 11:55:34 PM »
Some pics

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 01:02:26 AM »
https://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=44&product_id=3780

Found it on rudysdeals, but last time I ordered from them last year they had to refund me, never got the item after weeks.  So, before I try with them again, anyone got one?

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 06:10:51 PM »
It's alive!

Thanks tollguy for pointing me to the artesyn power supplies.  After a bit of research and downloading specs, comparing them to old NLG archived posts of the sigma/Yahtzee power supplies, I found one on eBay for $24 with shipping.  I'll post more specifics later with a nice write-up.

Everything works, but now the bonus doesn't have sound (previously it was MAX sound, to the point where my wife was very aggro).  So during this fix i changed knobs to middle on the sound board.  I'll be maxing those out again. The only concern is this ps feeds that Board, so hopefully something didn't go screwy.  Regardless, it works and the bonus dice spin correctly and work, so I'm gonna call this mostly a win so far with minor fixes still required.

I think my mancave garage is looking pretty sweet, right?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal