New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Alpha printer problem  (Read 2458 times)

Offline hotshot

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • hotshot New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Alpha printer problem
« on: June 02, 2020, 06:46:50 PM »
Trying to get the printer working on my Alpha M9000.  The printer is labeled "Epic 950".  I chose the Ithaca 950 in the device setup.  After setup I get an error message that says "Printer Com Lost During Print".  The ready light on the printer is on and it has paper.  What am I missing?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Alpha printer problem
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 08:55:30 PM »
You may have the wrong firmware type on the printer or the printer is bad.  Has the printer ever worked before?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline hotshot

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 03:30:16 AM »
Printer has never worked in this machine at least since I've owned it.  Same problem in my other Alpha which has an Ithaca 850.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 12:18:46 PM »
You might have bad printers then.  I usually replace mine with future logic ones, I always seem to have bad luck with the ithaca printers for whatever reason.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline hotshot

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 01:06:30 PM »
Thank you rick for guidance.  Is there a specific model I should be looking for?  And do you know of a good source where I can find one (actually two)?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 02:34:44 PM »
You can either get then Gen2's or Gen2 Universal.  Just make sure when you buy them, that they have bally firmware.  If the seller can't tell if they do or not, they can print a test print and it will say what firmware is on the printer.  You also need to make sure it has the correct harness.  The Serial harness that you need had a molex connector with 14 pins on it.  If it has 8 pins on it, it won't work for you since that is IGT Netplex.

Offline hotshot

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 03:02:58 PM »
Thanks again rick, I'll see what I can find and let you know how it works out.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 03:21:41 PM »
also make sure you get the bezel, I don't think the bezel for the ithaca is the same as the the future logic ones.  I believe the connector to the bezel light is different.

Offline hotshot

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 09:34:43 AM »
If I can locate a gen2, which printer do I choose in my setup?  I think the only options I have are Ithaca 750, 850, 950, and maybe one other model.  I don't recall seeing a futurelogic gen2 option.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 09:39:53 AM »
Future logic is an option, you use that for any of their printers GEN1, GEN2, GEN2 universal, etc.

Offline hotshot

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 05:57:33 PM »

Received Futurelogic printers today.  After setup I get a Voucher Printer Com Error.  After I select the Futurelogic in the device setup, a config option appears for 2C barcode.  I've tried enabling it and just leaving it not set.  Both ways come up with the same error.

Is there a way I can check the firmware?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 06:13:49 PM »
Push the feed button and hold it down while powering up, it will print a test sheet that will display the firmware and other information.

Offline hotshot

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 06:21:51 PM »

Ok, see if this makes sense.
Model: PSA-66-001N
Firmware: GNUSA7570  TKT-2.3
Interface: serial
Baud Rate: 19200
Data Bits: 8
Parity: None
Handshaking: XON/XOFF+HARDWARE

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 10:41:05 PM »
It has WMS software, that's why you are getting the error.  You need firmware that starts with GRUxxxx

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 04:20:24 AM »
This may help you out with your GEN2 printers.  You will need a computer with a COM port on it.  Also the correct DIP settings and firmware for the Alpha.  Please PM me with your questions. Ted

Offline hotshot

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 07:23:54 PM »

Tried 2 different futurelogic printers today.  One has GRUSA5012 firmware, the other is GRUSA5911.

On one machine, if I do not enable 2D barcode during setup, it will print a voucher, but I cannot reinsert that voucher in the bill validator.  It just keeps pushing it back out.
If I enable 2D barcode, I get a Printer Config Error.

On my other machine, if I enable 2D barcode during setup I get a Voucher Printer Com Error.

Suggestions?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 08:19:19 PM »
You do not need to enable 2D barcode even with a TITO board installed.  It will not accept a ticket without a TITO board installed.

Offline hotshot

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2020, 07:06:50 AM »
Thank you sixcardmark for the reply.  So if I want to print a ticket on these Alpha's and be able to re-insert it, I need a TITO board?  Can you advise me more on exactly what I need and how to install?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2020, 07:26:48 AM »
Thank you sixcardmark for the reply.  So if I want to print a ticket on these Alpha's and be able to re-insert it, I need a TITO board?  Can you advise me more on exactly what I need and how to install?
Yes that is correct.  Here is a video link to Tito info/instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBYCJSUZR9k

Hope this helps,
Mark

Offline hotshot

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2020, 08:28:17 AM »

My IGT S2000 will print and receive tickets.  I don't believe it has any technology other than just the printer.

What does a TITO board look like and where does it go?  And where can I get one (actually two)?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal